New Saints pants?

sweeper13

Any half-ass football fan could tell the obvious like when the Rams and Seahawks wear white pants...also, isn't EA the same company that has all the NHL designs before they are released?

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It defies belief that EA Sports can't get every uniform right for NFL teams. Even without anything official from the NFL, the uniforms are on display at least 20 times a season counting preseason. Ridiculous.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It defies belief that EA Sports can't get every uniform right for NFL teams. Even without anything official from the NFL, the uniforms are on display at least 20 times a season counting preseason. Ridiculous.

Its funny because they now have every little meaningless detail about each of the stadiums but important things like uniforms get horribly botched. I don't get it either. Do I care if they get the rafters in the upper deck of Soldier Field correct? Not really, just get the damn uniforms (which I look at the whole game) somewhat accurate!

If EA is provided bad artwork, that is the NFL's fault. Since when does the vendor have the right to change from what artwork is provided?

Should EA bring this question to the attention of NFL properties? Absolutely. But the NFL is responsible for getting their act together. After all, they're signing off on the final product.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

If EA is provided bad artwork, that is the NFL's fault. Since when does the vendor have the right to change from what artwork is provided?

Should EA bring this question to the attention of NFL properties? Absolutely. But the NFL is responsible for getting their act together. After all, they're signing off on the final product.

Exactly. But if my server brings me soup with the proverbial fly in it, and I bring it to his or her attention, and he/she does nothing, it's MY responsibility to say, "Excuse me, this soup is unacceptable." Both parties have to take action to reach a resolution.

It's not just the NFL's name on the product. In fact, EA Sports has a deeper responsibility for the product's quality and in the end it's up to them to ensure the product is accurate.

Exactly. But if my server brings me soup with the proverbial fly in it, and I bring it to his or her attention, and he/she does nothing, it's MY responsibility to say, "Excuse me, this soup is unacceptable." Both parties have to take action to reach a resolution.

It's not just the NFL's name on the product. In fact, EA Sports has a deeper responsibility for the product's quality and in the end it's up to them to ensure the product is accurate.

Agreed. Again, if they can get every minute detail of a stadium almost 99% correct then why aren't the major details of the uniform correct? I'm not too sure how the process works when it comes to authenticity, but I do know that the NFL is very particular about how certain elements of their properties are featured in various mediums. It would only make sense that something like official uniform apparel (which BTW brings in a decent amount of revenue) would be represented with the utmost accuracy in a game that is played by millions and millions of people.

Agreed. Again, if they can get every minute detail of a stadium almost 99% correct then why aren't the major details of the uniform correct? I'm not too sure how the process works when it comes to authenticity, but I do know that the NFL is very particular about how certain elements of their properties are featured in various mediums. It would only make sense that something like official uniform apparel (which BTW brings in a decent amount of revenue) would be represented with the utmost accuracy in a game that is played by millions and millions of people.

The product wouldn't hit the shelves without league approval. The fact is the league is responsible. They provide the artwork, they sign off on the products release. This is no different than other products produced in other industries. The customer gives you artwork. You point out to the customer that it is incorrect. If they say follow what we gave you, and you decide that you're going to fix things anyway, its likely that you'll lose the customer. It's about what you're told to do by the customer, not necessarily what is correct or even what the ultimate customer thinks or knows to be correct.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

A good protion of sports games gets something wrong

I just got NHL 2K5 for $1.99

And am appalled at the flyers jerseys, first the arm stripes at the botton are more horzontal instead of diagonal, like they should be

and the Throwbacks for some reason have the top colored part, more near the neck than it should be.

A good protion of sports games gets something wrong

I just got NHL 2K5 for $1.99

And am appalled at the flyers jerseys, first the arm stripes at the botton are more horzontal instead of diagonal, like they should be

and the Throwbacks for some reason have the top colored part, more near the neck than it should be.

In all fairness many of the mess ups are due in part to the restrictions of video game rendering. As the new platforms push the limits of rendering and the level of high definition visual display we'll see more and more accurate rendering. Remember the uniforms of sports games in the first PlayStation? Some of those were so comical that you kind of just let them slide.

...so, did anyone confirm that the Saints pants AREN'T changing?

We'll see Sunday night if they wear the gold pants.

As I posted earlier, on the "Rookie Premiere" TV show both Saints players were wearing the gold pants with the black stripe.

In the HOF game it was the same gold pants with black stripe so there's clearly no change.

In a general comment about EA Sports/Madden, three years later their reality and player animation can't hold a candle to NFL 2K5. Neither can the NCAA series, which likely uses the same engine as Madden.

I usually play 2K5 and have completely updated the Saints to 2007 standard, creating the players I couldn't acquire in trades or free agency (like Reggie). It's kind of funny to hear the announcers call Reggie Bush "number 25" or Marques Colston "number 12" but hey, what can you do? If the player already existed though on another team, like Drew Brees, they'll of course use his name.

If you've never played 2K5, you can get a used copy dirt cheap. Check it out and you'll see why EA Sports should be ashamed of the crap they call Madden.

Based off last nights game it looks like they are wearing black pants with no stripes.

a.k.a the leotard look. My goodness, I hate that look, not just because it's the Saints, just because of the fact that the Saints could easily look better if they wore the gold pants with it.

Based off last nights game it looks like they are wearing black pants with no stripes.

a.k.a the leotard look. My goodness, I hate that look, not just because it's the Saints, just because of the fact that the Saints could easily look better if they wore the gold pants with it.

I must be part of the minority around here but I actually like that look on many teams and the Saints are definately one of them. I just don't understand the hatred towards that look quite honestly.

I must be part of the minority around here but I actually like that look on many teams and the Saints are definately one of them. I just don't understand the hatred towards that look quite honestly.

because of lack of pants striping i guess?

because of lack of pants striping i guess?

I dunno...I think pant striping is overrated and sometimes way over used. Sometimes its just nice to have a clean look.

Again, maybe its just me.

Oddly, I've come to like the Saints' black monos - from the neck down at least. The gold numbers and logos look great on the black, but any helmet seems out of place when its primary color doesn't match the jersey or pants. It would be better if the shade of gold on the helmet matched that on the numbers but as it is...no.

(Members of forum start shaking their heads and praying, "No, please, not him ranting about the Saints' mismatched golds again.") B)

Oddly, I've come to like the Saints' black monos - from the neck down at least. The gold numbers and logos look great on the black, but any helmet seems out of place when its primary color doesn't match the jersey or pants. It would be better if the shade of gold on the helmet matched that on the numbers but as it is...no.

(Members of forum start shaking their heads and praying, "No, please, not him ranting about the Saints' mismatched golds again.") B)

I smell another mis-matching colors thread....

Archived