what is a tertiray?

RoughRiders9

ter·ti·ar·y

ADJECTIVE:

Third in place, order, degree, or rank.

Of, relating to, or designating the short flight feathers nearest the body on the rear edge of a bird's wing.

Chemistry

Of or relating to salts of acids containing three replaceable hydrogen atoms.

Of or relating to organic compounds in which a group, such as an alcohol or amine, is bound to three nonelementary radicals.

Tertiary Of or belonging to the geologic time, system of rocks, or sedimentary deposits of the first period of the Cenozoic Era, characterized by the appearance of modern flora and of apes and other large mammals. See Table at geologic time.

NOUN:

pl. ter·ti·ar·ies

A tertiary feather.

Tertiary The Tertiary Period or its system of deposits.

Roman Catholic Church A member of a religious Third Order.

could you not just look in a dictionary or google the word? What a waste of time to be asking people on a sports logo board.

well that wouldn't have worked since he spelled it "tertiray"...I assumed it was a sort of ray. Tampa Bay Tertirays next year, anyone? :)

could you not just look in a dictionary or google the word? What a waste of time to be asking people on a sports logo board.

well that wouldn't have worked since he spelled it "tertiray"...I assumed it was a sort of ray. Tampa Bay Tertirays next year, anyone? :)

i was thinking more along the lines of Turd Rays

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Upon further research, (i.e. Google), terti in itself is a latin prefix for third, so perhaps the tertirays are going to be the new Tampa team, and there will be three rays on the jerseys. That wouldn't look cluttered.

Either that, or that they're renewing their push to finally achieve that third-place finish in the AL East that has always seemed to elude them.

Archived