Tri Nations American Football --> AUS, NZL, RSA

Alphabet Man

The American Football World Cup thread gave me an idea for this.

The Australian national gridiron team is nicknamed the Outback, following the Australian tradition of nicknaming our teams (Socceroos, Boomers, Opals, Hockeyroos, Mighty Roos, Matildas, Kookaburras, Olyroos etc....).

I'm not sure what the Outback where at the moment but, basically I like the way the Socceroos have their uniforms, simple, green and gold for the main strip, navy and gold for the change, so I kept the colour schemes that way.

I wasn't sure what to add to the pants, so I left them plain.

I think a white strip with green would work a tad nicer.

Here is the home strip:

australiahome.jpg

And the change strip:

australiachange.jpg

Socks would be gold for both or navy for the change maybe.

Comments and critique would be welcomed.

New Zealand:

Davidson gave me an idea with Tri Nations. So for the past few hours, I've been working on New Zealand.

It's a bit like one of my previous baseball designs.

I'm not sure what it looks like at this size, but its not a gradient as such, its a grey and black checkered background area with the fern through it in black.

newzealand.jpg

South Africa:

And here is South Africa, i had been working on this one over the weekend. The logo is from the Springboks logo, the flower thing, which my understanding is a native South Africa flower, as it appears on their cricket teams logo too.

southafrica.jpg

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

in light of the recent world cup of american football, you should make a series, tri nations style or something.

austraila

new zealand

south africa

maybe:

fiji

tonga

samoa etc?

ps, i have a full body vector nfl template if you would like.

Davidson gave me an idea with Tri Nations. So for the past few hours, I've been working on New Zealand.

It's a bit like one of my previous baseball designs.

I'm not sure what it looks like at this size, but its not a gradient as such, its a grey and black checkered background area with the fern through it in black.

newzealand.jpg

And here is South Africa, i had been working on this one over the weekend. The logo is from the Springboks logo, the flower thing, which my understanding is a native South Africa flower, as it appears on their cricket teams logo too.

southafrica.jpg

C&C please?

I'm working on a revised Outback jersey now.

That'd be the flower.

NZL's font- its Arial, i was trying to get the simple font of the New Zealand Cricket logo which is almost Arial but quite, I couldn't quite get it.

Australias font - I'm gonna work on that tomorrow.

I really like South Africa's, are those always their sporting colors? Cause it doesn't go with their flag I don't think. It looks nice though.

The New Zealand one is... interesting. Not my kind of style, and not one used in American Football, but interesting, and creative.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I really like South Africa's, are those always their sporting colors? Cause it doesn't go with their flag I don't think. It looks nice though.

Those are their colors for Rugby, I know that much. Generally speaking, I think they use those colors most.

philly.png

Those are their colors for Rugby, I know that much. Generally speaking, I think they use those colors most.

Yeh they usually wear that dark green with a yellowy-gold in most of their sports..... Cricket, Rugby..... not sure about Football, they might wear all yellow there.

Bringing this back up, now that I've seen it for the first time, it seems that it does carry through to football as well:

pic507.jpg

team.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived