Chicago Cubs NL sleeve patch?

rob66

It was probably for "throwback" appeal, which is kind of odd since it was on their non-historic alt jerseys, making it a rather contrived statement.

On a side note - when I made my one trip to Wrigley a few seasons ago, I was PISSED OFF that they wore their blue alts. When I was imagining the experience, I was envisioning watching the Phillies kick the poo out of the Cubs who were wearing their classic white / blue pinstripe get-up. What I got was the Phillies kicking the poo out of a team who looked better suited for BP or a softball game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I actually thought that this decision was solely responsible for Carlos Zambrano's awful start to the season as, some of you might know, his contract stipulated that the Cubs would only wear the blue jersey when he pitched at Wrigley. (Look at his home stats this season for further proof that it's the jersey's fault).

As for Zambrano not doing well because he can't win the blue jersey this year, I was kidding. Sorry if you mistook that for a serious comment, but if you did, you have to ask yourself... "Seriously? I seriously didn't realize that that was a joke?"

:blush:

I'm no expert joke-teller, but when you start something out, "I actually thought that..." well, that doesn't exactly sound like an opening line to a joke. Then you end the comment by suggesting we all look at his stats for "proof"?

There are ways to deliver a joke on a message board... that wasn't it. So, I'll hold off on the moment of deep thought you suggested.

I actually thought that this decision was solely responsible for Carlos Zambrano's awful start to the season as, some of you might know, his contract stipulated that the Cubs would only wear the blue jersey when he pitched at Wrigley. (Look at his home stats this season for further proof that it's the jersey's fault).

As for Zambrano not doing well because he can't win the blue jersey this year, I was kidding. Sorry if you mistook that for a serious comment, but if you did, you have to ask yourself... "Seriously? I seriously didn't realize that that was a joke?"

:blush:

I'm no expert joke-teller, but when you start something out, "I actually thought that..." well, that doesn't exactly sound like an opening line to a joke. Then you end the comment by suggesting we all look at his stats for "proof"?

There are ways to deliver a joke on a message board... that wasn't it. So, I'll hold off on the moment of deep thought you suggested.

OK... have anothe Bud then, Cubs fan.

• 2 weeks later...

That patch is still bugging me lol, this question can't go unanswered, has anybody come up with a legit reason for the patch, I know they don't even wear the jersey anymore, but there's gotta be some diehard Cub fan or any fan for the matter that can come up with an answer from a credible source, that post about them offially being called The Chicago Cubs of the National League seemed like a decent enough answer, but if that were the case, I assume they would also wear it on their home pinstripe jersey, if anyone comes up with a seriously legit answer please share it, and no sarcastic responses please.

rob66.png

You need to content yourself with the knowledge that you may never receive an answer to your satisfaction.

Not every thing has so easily summarized a reason behind it. It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart. :P

It was probably for "throwback" appeal

I'm sorry, that doesn't make much sense to me.

Archived