Goalie Helmets Pictures

batman1211

Has the Corey Hirsh Psycho mask been posted yet? Its an example of what I think is a neat piece of art, but detail you'd never notice if you were watching the game on TV, or in person for that matter.

hirsch.jpg

Which is why simple masks with big pictures you can see from the stands like Brodeur's are the best. It's kinda like sports logos and crests; the simpler they are, the better (in my opinion).

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone explain the logo on the front of Brodeur's mask? Looks like just the 'J' from the NJ logo, but I've never known what it stood for.

benpc21 summed it up more or less. Brodeur got the mask designed before he had secured a spot on the team's roster. He didn't want to be playing in the AHL with a NJ Devils logo on his mask, so he only had the "devil" part of the logo used. He had tremendous success with it, so he kept it. Goalies are some of the most superstitious people you'll ever meet.

by far my fav is luongo's current colors mask. amazing design.

Really? I'm not a big fan of it. I think its overly busy with way too much stuff going on. The bear, whale flukes, old goalie mask, Vancouver skyline. Its just a mish-mash.

Though, if the new canuck's uniforms change colours, I suppose he may need to get a new mask, unless they go to the retro colours full time.

Can someone tell me what is going on with Marc-Andre Fleury's mask...I don't understand what the beast thingy is.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Corey Hirsch is more remembered for that awesome helmet than anything he ever did in goal.

No he didn't do much, other then take the starting job from Kirk McLean in 1996 and was named to the all rookie team. He did pretty well as a Canuck in his first couple of seasons and he was the only reason the Canucks won 2 games against Colorado in the 1996 playoffs as well. Although his numbers did go down hill after 1997, he was still a pretty good goalie.

Corey Hirsch is more remembered for that awesome helmet than anything he ever did in goal.

No he didn't do much, other then take the starting job from Kirk McLean in 1996 and was named to the all rookie team. He did pretty well as a Canuck in his first couple of seasons and he was the only reason the Canucks won 2 games against Colorado in the 1996 playoffs as well. Although his numbers did go down hill after 1997, he was still a pretty good goalie.

Wasn't he the goalie Forsberg beat with his iconic postage stamp one-handed move? At least he can say, "I'm on a stamp too!" Yeah, you're on a stamp all right...being totally raped by Foppa! :hockeysmiley:

Well technically no. The story behind that is the Swedes asked him if they could put him on the stamp as well, but he said no. So if you look at the stamp, you can see the name Forsberg on the swedish guy but on the goalie, there is just a number I think. But yes he is that goalie on the stamp, but not officially.

Well technically no. The story behind that is the Swedes asked him if they could put him on the stamp as well, but he said no. So if you look at the stamp, you can see the name Forsberg on the swedish guy but on the goalie, there is just a number I think. But yes he is that goalie on the stamp, but not officially.

I can understand why he wouldn't want to. To give up a goal like that and lose the gold medal for your country...I'd hate to have that moment preserved on a stamp.

Besides, the color of the jersey is blue. I thought Canada wore red...

swedforsberg.jpg

Two iconic Rangers masks.

johndavidsonts0.jpg

JD

richter.jpg

Richter

Dude they are iconic as you said, you didn't need to put their names. If you needed the names they would not be iconic.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

goalie-lion.jpg

gillesgratton2.jpg

This is by far the coolest mask ever. It did not quite match the unifrom, but cool non-the-less.

Gilles Gratton had the coolest mask, ever. It was so simple, yet so complex in a time where people were just accenting their masks or just using big, colourful designs based around their teams look. He took a more unique approach and it paid off. This works so well because you can tell its an animal from far away.

I may be a minority... but I absolutly love that Rangers look... I have a picture of Phil Esposito in that uni... and he looks pretty intimidating.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I totally agree with you about that uniform. In fact, the Rangers are one of the few teams that has never had a bad uniform. Even their statue of liberty uniforms (both white and blue) are beautiful updates and could easily work as primaries.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

Archived