Cougar Logo

-(dp)-

Really good stuff. Redefining the jaw was a major upgrade.

I could go either way on the eye; a cougar baring its teeth often does so with its eyes closed.

My only suggestion would be to darken the darker shade of beige just a little. You're asking that darker shade to serve many purposes here - whiskers, a nose, shadowing, and the inside of the mouth. Some of the things you're asking it do are going to require a darker color (inside of mouth, nose). Also, a darker beige would heighten the contrast between your two colors, and make areas a little better defined.

Beyond that, very good work, as usual.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the logo with a darker brown color, and two wordmarks. I thought the bottom one maybe didn't go with the logo too great, so I rounded some of the edges. I will let you guys decide which is better. Uniforms will be coming soon.

CougarLogo4.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

OMFG! This is really great! I would go with the top wordmark definitely. Damn you sure know how to use inkscape! Why the hell did you say you weren't good at shading? Your shading is freaking excellent in this, fantastic job!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Darker was a good move, PtND. The interplay of light and shadow is more pronounced.

Since you asked for my pair o' pennies, go with the rounded wordmark. Your cougar's head is more curvilinear than angular, and the angular wordmark is too severe and in stark contrast to the logo. The curves compliment your superb logo design.

Another really good job, dude.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like the design of the uniforms, but I would add more white to the home jersey, also maybe use a white helmet. I could definately see the inside of the stripe on the pants being white. Anyway, real nice job man, very nice job.

Also what's the font your using for the numbers? I like it.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

BucsBoy02 had a great suggestion adding the glare of the cougar's eye.

cougareye-sl.jpg

I thought I'd add a quick addition to his mark. I think it improves the look of the logo, as the eye socket looked a little empty. Might need to play with it a bit to get it the desired 'mean' look.

But it's my 2 cents anyways.

Great looking logo regardless.

I like the design of the uniforms, but I would add more white to the home jersey, also maybe use a white helmet. I could definitely see the inside of the stripe on the pants being white. Anyway, real nice job man, very nice job.

I'll second this call. Without any white on the dark jersey, the double brown winds up looking a little bit washed out and a little hazy. Some white, used sparingly, would sharpen it up. I was thinking something as simple as white numbers, or white outline on the numbers (either beige, outlined brown/white or outlined white/brown... or white, outlined brown/beige like the Chargers did through this past season?). Even a little white piping would better delineate the boundaries between the two shades of brown and make it pop just a little bit more. With the road jersey being white, you're freer to use the 2 shades more liberally, and to very good effect.

2007nleastchamps.png

I'll say that the canines are curved the wrong way - they look backwards to me.

Very nice work - I love how you started with the old Cougar car logo (presumably), and then made something out of it. I'm not a big fan of the colors, but to each his own.

It's where I sit.

BucsBoy02 had a great suggestion adding the glare of the cougar's eye.

cougareye-sl.jpg

I'd have to say that I like this one the best. As for the uniforms. Looking good man!! Maybe you could atempt at making this a LA Football team concept...cause they probably should have a team..as should Anahiem. But then again you can only have sooo many teams and 33 or 34 would be a pretty add number.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I agree that the teeth are angled incorrectly. Also, because this is a 3/4 profile image, the teeth graphics should match. Plus, I agree with the comment about either more white or another contrasting color. Still, one solid concept.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I actually like the addition of black to the logo. It seems to make the colors "pop" a little more. However, try using the darker shade of brown in you prior concepts as the color in the eye itself. It may make it stand out a little more.

Here is another update. I flipped the teeth back to how they were in v.2 and further darkened the brown. To the uniforms, I added more white. Personally, I like it better without the detail in the eye, so that is how I kept it. Keep the comments coming.

CougarLogos.png

CougarUniforms2.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived