New York Knicks concept

Dave Ship

Here's my idea for the Knickerbockers of New York.

Quick fact:

- kept their current color scheme, logo and wordmark;

- different font for number and name;

- modernization of their current look to give a more aggressive and dynamic look;

- because of the lack of an alternate one (didn't see'em in the NY Knicks page of Chris Creamer's site) I decide to add a street hoody and a cap to complete the concept;

- secondary logo moved as first.

knickslayoutyf0.png

actually hat boy,i think you meant to say jersey instead of shorts...but s'all good

i like what you did here, but the wordmarks look very pixelated, like you did the words on paint and the jersey on a vector program. but other than that, it looks good. also, i like the way you incorporated the blue on the home jerseys.

actually hat boy,i think you meant to say jersey instead of shorts...but s'all good

i like what you did here, but the word marks look very pixelated, like you did the words on paint and the jersey on a vector program. but other than that, it looks good. also, i like the way you incorporated the blue on the home jerseys.

nope it is assumed to be on the shorts 3 times...both sides and the front right leg. i think one or the other should be gotten rid of.

I think the home jersey has a helluva lot of potential with that Knicks mark...and some of the unique elements of the jersey i like..but it just doesnt seem like everything meshes well.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I think the home jersey has a helluva lot of potential with that Knicks mark...and some of the unique elements of the jersey i like..but it just doesnt seem like everything meshes well.

Hi nyy3351, could you tell me what can I do to improve it? Thanks a lot.

Well i think reworking the sidepanels on the shorts to match the sides on the jersey could help alot..Also if it may be possible to limit the amount of black you use on the road, as you did on the home set.

And Finally either put the NYK logo on the sides of the shorts or the front, but not both..

i like what you did here, but the wordmarks look very pixelated, like you did the words on paint and the jersey on a vector program.

That's intended to be a seams effect.

I think this seams effect is a negative for the look. It would be better to project clean graphics for the logos and worry less about making it look realistic. The hat graphic looks fantastic.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I agree... doesn't seem like everything meshes well. The shorts need to match the side of the jerseys, the text on the front of the jerseys should match style wise, the numbers dont exactly match either to me, nor do the names on the back of the jerseys (which should be, IMO, only blue on the home and only white on the road). And you did kind of go a little overkill with the subway token logo.

All that said, I am interested to see where you take the side paneling on the jerseys.... its not too radical, which I like.

As for the cap... as long as it comes in a 6 5/8 or 6 3/4 I'm all for it. Otherwise, it sucks. :D

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

While nicely presented, i'm not sure this satisfies the Knicks greatest issue in my eyes, the unnecessary addition of black to the away jerseys- especially considering its nowhere to be found on the homes.

This looks like a slightly stylized version of the current uniforms, which are a disaster.

I would get rid of the black completely. Maybe for once de-emphasize the orange. I just don't think the knicks current look (and play,) is anything to remember. I'd go completely new.

I do like the Knicks word mark on the uniform though. Maybe try a New York treatment like that.

nice..now just a couple things in my mind what would make it perfect:

-Plain Nameplates; white on blue/blue on white

-Give the NEW YORK a slight arch (like KNICKS, but maybe not quite as strong)

-Finally, for the Road sidepanels..subsititute orange for the black, and white for the orange

With that, i think this would be a real winner

*Also, might not hurt to try a standard block font?

Archived