My logo

AndrewPF

I'm making a logo for myself, and have a rough sketch, and many ideas but i have no skills with inkscape or anything whatsoever. In the logo I use my initials (AF) and try to combine them into one thing. I'd like to make it look really good but I have no idea how. I'll post it and if anyone would like to take a look at it and point me in the right direction as far as making it 3d and putting outlines, I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking that it would be cool to have in 3-d with a silver outline. Here it is:

rect2244.png

I'm not sure how to help that much, other than get used to your tools. Practice, practice, practice. The more familiar your become with them, the better the results. I've spent way too much time on making crap, and I'm still such a noob.

Here's a quick AF I did up:

afuc2.png

It's not the best, but hopefully it gives you some ideas.

For making it 3d, it's just multiple layers and adjusting their shape to give it depth impression. As for outlines, I'm not sure how to do it in Inkscape exactly, because I use Illustrator, but you seem to already have thin black outlines. For Illy, I just make a layer behind the shape and increase stroke size till I see fit.

Archived