5950 Jersey batting Practice hats

bigcoyotes

Before New Era started to make the 3930 batting Practice hats the MLB players wore a 5950 jersey cap. Does anyone know why they went away and if they still sell any? My dad and I each have a Giants one. Mine has he SF logo and his has the G logo. I want to by another one but don't know where to find one or even if New Era still makes them. Any information at all is helpful.

Thanks in advance,

BigCoyotes

Unfortunately, they dont make them for the MLB any more. They found that many of the players were complaining about how uncomfortable and hot the BP caps were, basically doing the opposite of what was intended. They still use them for the MiLB though because the material is cheaper. You can still find the old mesh MLB hats online, but it's very difficult. I bought an Orioles mesh BP cap about six months ago, not because I like the Orioles that much, but because it was the only one in any team that I could find after a good few months of looking.

Do the 5950 BP hats that the minors use have a slighty lower crown than normal 5950s? I have been contimiplating buying a MiLB BP hat online but don't want to if they sit as high up as the normal game hats.

I have a Brewers one that I bought back when they still used them. I love it! I wished they stuck with that.

Yeah, I still have my Astros BP hat and I love it too. Mine also sits lower than the regular 5950 caps. I always found my hat comfortable, but I guess the players felt differently...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well i started this topic a year ago and still have not found any information. I have looked and I have only found minor league baseball teams and two MLB teams at hatland.com (both hats don't fit my head). I bought a green Fresno Grizzles cap for $10 and it is exactly like the MLB version. The batting Practice hats for the minor leage is the original 3930 now so finding the jersey 5950 is getting harder. I have seen MLB jersey style hats but none of them are New Era 5950. Is there any way to contact New Era besides e-mail, to get more information about the 5950 jersey hats?

Archived