Fantasy NHL team concept

allyb96

As some people here may know, the only concepts I've made since I'm a member of this forum were concepts for already existing NHL teams. But this time, I wanted to do something completely original, the logos, the numbers, etc.

So here's my concept of a team called the California Sharks. I know it seems like I just used California instead of San Jose, but that's not the idea. I was alway facinated by sharks since my childhood and I know that most of the sharks attacks on humans in the world were reported in California so the choice of the location of this team was not difficult. So, there is no link to the SJ Sharks.

I made the logos myself with MS Paint and The Gimp, and the numbers too.

The font was found on www.dafont.com, same think for the scripts.

Please be easy on me this is my first original concept.

So here it is :

CaliforniaSharks_Home.jpg

CAL_NumberLetters_home.jpg

CaliforniaSharks_Road.jpg

CAL_NumberLetters_away.jpg

AllyB96

Quest for the 25th : HABS ALL THE WAY !

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

What I wanted to say is that this is NOT a concept of the SJ Sharks, but a fantasy team I created with no intentions of inventing a new look for the SJ Sharks. As far as I know, a FANTASY team can be called what ever the creater want it to be.

If you want it so much you can also take this concept as SJ Sharks one, I don't care, it's still a concept.

So that being said, do you have some constructive comments to give me ?

AllyB96

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

What I wanted to say is that this is NOT a concept of the SJ Sharks, but a fantasy team I created with no intentions of inventing a new look for the SJ Sharks. As far as I know, a FANTASY team can be called what ever the creater want it to be.

If you want it so much you can also take this concept as SJ Sharks one, I don't care, it's still a concept.

So that being said, do you have some constructive comments to give me ?

Constructively, I'd say that the name font doesn't necessarily have to match the number font. Other than that, I did enjoy the cleverness of the shoulder patch.

Salut Ally,

C'est un siboire de beau concept ca.

J'aimes bien les lettres, est-ce une police que tu as modifié?

Juste un conseil, peut-etre faire les bas avec des lignes courbées pour aller avec l'uniforme.

Laches pas, beau concept!

==========================================

On hell of a good concept.

I like the letters, is it a font that you modified?

One thing thought, I would have made curvy stripes on the socks to match the uniform.

keep'em coming!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I really like this concept. The logos are great, especially for the first that you created. I like the striping and colors, I'm not sure about the name font, though. I like rockingoalie1's suggestion of only using the top detailing on some letters.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The font used for the names was Minangkabau, found on www.dafont.com, so it wasn't modified.

I wanted something original but maybe I could touch some of the letters to make the font a bit less complicated and more easy to read, that's a great idea.

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

I'm actually into some modifications on my concept. I'll re-do some of the letters to make the font more easy to read and also I changed the striping on the socks to stay in the ' wavy ' style of the jersey. I'll post as soon as it's finished.

Thanks for the comments !

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

I finally made the changes I wanted to do. First I changed the name font. I think the new is definitely better. I also took this one from dafont.com. Plus, I modified the striping of the socks to fit the ' wavy ' style of the concept. It gives this :

CaliforniaSharks_Home-1.jpg

CAL_NumberLetters_home-1.jpg

CaliforniaSharks_Road-1.jpg

CAL_NumberLetters_away-1.jpg

Please tell me if it's an good upgrade and if you think I should modify other thinks !

Thanks !

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

I really like this. I'd take the fish-hooks off the 4, though. As it stands, that 4 could be on a concept for a team called Devils, Demons, something like that. Other than that, the number are very nice and an even better idea. I like how the fish-hooks follow certain curves on the numbers. Really nice.

Perhaps you would consider putting the double-outline on the crest logo, similar to the numbers. It would help the whole thing match a little bit more, in my opinion.

The only thing I really don't like is the script logo you've had. The distressed look doesn't really fit with the sleekness of the rest of the set. You can do much better.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I really like this. I'd take the fish-hooks off the 4, though. As it stands, that 4 could be on a concept for a team called Devils, Demons, something like that. Other than that, the number are very nice and an even better idea. I like how the fish-hooks follow certain curves on the numbers. Really nice.

I don't mind it on the "4" nearly as much as I do on the captain's/alternate's designations. It looks like you're trying too hard. Just make the "C" and "A" match the player name font, and you'll be fine. But right now, I see devil horns where they don't need to be.

But actually, I'd keep the "4" as is, to keep it from looking too much like the font the Phoenix Coyotes used when they first left Canada. Which is another reason to fix the "3" and make it look less like a backwards "E"; the source of the font is fairly apparent despite your modifications.

The only thing I really don't like is the script logo you've had. The distressed look doesn't really fit with the sleekness of the rest of the set.

Agreed here. Everything else is very sharp and high-contrast; distressing the logo looks very out of place, like a vintage logo for a ringer T-shirt from a fabricated history. I'd reconsider that.

That aside, I really like this. Good all the way around!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived