Cities with multiple ugly uniforms

gmat

I was just curious what people thought about which cities have multiple ugly uniforms. For example I will start with the obvious; Buffalo, they have the Sabres and Bills, but is there any other cities that anybody can think of that has multiple ugly uniforms for their pro sports franchises?

And please somebody from Philly don?t say all New York teams are ugly.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

I obviously agree with Buffalo, but how about some of these poorly dressed cities...

Atlanta...you have the Hawks' new update which looks just like every other NBA team... you have the Braves' awful alt jerseys... you have the Falcons and their unnecessary piping...and the Thrashers with their lopsided set.

Dallas...the Cowboys can't make up their mind as to what blue and what silver to use.... The Rangers are okay.... the Stars (if rumors are true) are downgrading going to a black jersey, and the Mavs...well...at least they don't wear that silver alt.

And finally....

Washington. The only really good set of the 4 teams is the Redskins, and they mess it up by wearing the monochrome white. The Nats and Caps are too cluttered, and the Wizards....let's not even go there.

On the flip side, the best dressed are....

Pittsburgh...even with that red Pirates alt

St. Louis

Detroit

Boston

espnsig.gif

The Best:

Chicago

Toronto

Seattle

St. Louis

Denver

Kansas City

Boston

Minnesota

I have to disagree about Denver. I would consider them one of the cities with the most all around ugly uniforms:

The Rockies with their black vest

The Avs are just ugly

The Broncos are actually ok, but not nice

The Nuggets with that shinny material just ruins it.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

The Best:

Chicago

Toronto

Seattle

St. Louis

Denver

Kansas City

Boston

Minnesota

Chicago? Definitely!

Toronto? Not really. Jays aren't that good.

Seattle? The Hawks are OK.

St. Louis? I guess.

Denver? While I like all the teams, the Unis are not very good.

KC? Not particularly. The Royals?

Boston? You Bet.

Minnesota? Noo. Timberwolves and Vikings. Yuck!

IMO, Denver is #1 (the Nuggests are the only tolerable set of the four and even they aren't that great) followed by Minnesota (while the other three suck, I actually like the Vikings uniforms).

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

IMO...

#1 Buffalo

#2 Tampa Bay (while the Bucs look great, I think the Rays have a drab, dull, uninspired, poorly-designed set, and the Lightning (at least last season) are an embarrassment to the league with their get-up (and based on what we've seen, it isn't getting much better.)

#3 Minnesota

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

IMO...

#1 Buffalo

#2 Tampa Bay (while the Bucs look great, I think the Rays have a drab, dull, uninspired, poorly-designed set, and the Lightning (at least last season) are an embarrassment to the league with their get-up (and based on what we've seen, it isn't getting much better.)

#3 Minnesota

As a Buffalo fan, I would disagree if the Sabres didn't unveil their new uniform with that logo. But you are correct, the current Bills' look is way to busy and colorful. But I must say that the Bills did a great job with their throwback uniforms...

5D3E2D44B3A74A32BAB60CB0EEAF1BB9.jpg

Yes. If the Sabres were still the angry goats, and the Bills either never changed or went with the throwbacks, Buffalo wouldn't be on the list. It's tough to make this list with only two teams, but gosh darnnit Buffalo did it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Like BBTV said, Buffalo makes this list with only 2 teams, which is incredible. And sadly, Buffalo would be off this list if the last 15 years never happened in terms of new uniforms. They could've stuck with the original Sabres logo and colors and stripes and been among the upper third of NHL uniforms, and the Jim Kelly Era Bills uniforms, while unspectacular, would've been just fine. At best, the city can only get partial credit for having the best throwback look of any city, but the everyday gear os just wretched.

Toronto belongs here, for the mess they made of the Jays, and the gratuitous tweaking of the Leafs' look ("TML", silver accents, keeping the Ballard Leaf foor far too long).

The only thing keeping Atlanta off my list is how superb the Braves' everyday uniform is. I :censored: hate the Braves; I always have, I always will... but I've gotta give credit where it's due. The Braves look great (despite the blood red atrocities they throw out with the megaforced "A/tomahawk" monogram).

Similarly, the only thing keeping Washington, DC, afloat is the Redskins. The Nationals look is a mess, the Wizards have great colors but one of the most forced logo packages in all of sports, and the Capitals went from a great update (blue sweaters with the eagle in profile)... to an awful update (BLACK?!?! with the Capitol)... to an awful update of their most memorable look (red/white/blue with the stars). :puke:

Denver could also avoid our scorn if they'd ditch the Rockies' black vests/black undershirts combo. Also, allowing the Nuggets to settle on one :censored: look and keeping it would do wonders. While I can't say the Broncos' current look is an improvement over the days of the Orange Crush, and I despise the legions of lemmings that tried to pirate their design, I do have to admit I don't mind the Broncos' uniforms as much as I first did.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think I'd have to agree with Atlanta. While the BRaves regular uniforms are awesome, the Sunday red is terrible. The Thrashers alternate blues are jaw-droppingly bad, the Hawks still can't gte it right, and the Falcons need to go back to simple.

And not to be a homer, but Chicago aces all four major sports.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Like BBTV said, Buffalo makes this list with only 2 teams, which is incredible. And sadly, Buffalo would be off this list if the last 15 years never happened in terms of new uniforms. They could've stuck with the original Sabres logo and colors and stripes and been among the upper third of NHL uniforms, and the Jim Kelly Era Bills uniforms, while unspectacular, would've been just fine. At best, the city can only get partial credit for having the best throwback look of any city, but the everyday gear os just wretched.

Toronto belongs here, for the mess they made of the Jays, and the gratuitous tweaking of the Leafs' look ("TML", silver accents, keeping the Ballard Leaf foor far too long).

The only thing keeping Atlanta off my list is how superb the Braves' everyday uniform is. I :censored: hate the Braves; I always have, I always will... but I've gotta give credit where it's due. The Braves look great (despite the blood red atrocities they throw out with the megaforced "A/tomahawk" monogram).

Similarly, the only thing keeping Washington, DC, afloat is the Redskins. The Nationals look is a mess, the Wizards have great colors but one of the most forced logo packages in all of sports, and the Capitals went from a great update (blue sweaters with the eagle in profile)... to an awful update (BLACK?!?! with the Capitol)... to an awful update of their most memorable look (red/white/blue with the stars). :puke:

Denver could also avoid our scorn if they'd ditch the Rockies' black vests/black undershirts combo. Also, allowing the Nuggets to settle on one :censored: look and keeping it would do wonders. While I can't say the Broncos' current look is an improvement over the days of the Orange Crush, and I despise the legions of lemmings that tried to pirate their design, I do have to admit I don't mind the Broncos' uniforms as much as I first did.

The Caps jersey is fine except for the shoulder patch which looks like a butterfly getting crotched by the US Capital building. The Nationals have the most boxy borying uniforms ever and the redskins are plain too...They make it so they wind up wearing their white on red pants every game...zzzzzzzzz.

Yes. If the Sabres were still the angry goats, and the Bills either never changed or went with the throwbacks, Buffalo wouldn't be on the list. It's tough to make this list with only two teams, but gosh darnnit Buffalo did it.

That's actually not all, their non-big 4 teams logos aren't that great eighter. You be the judge.

NLL (Bandits)

BuffaloBandits.JPG

ABA (Silverbacks)

BuffaloSilverbacksLogo.PNG

Well the thread is for uniforms not logos, but you're probably correct.

Washington is the worst, and I'm including the Redskins as bad.

Atlanta is pretty bad, but the Braves' white and grey are so good that even the awful red shirts can't sully the whole package.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm from Buffalo and I've never even heard of the Silverbacks. Bandits are fine, they win, and so do the AAA Bisons, many championships.

... and that is relevant to the discussion how???

New York is half horrible, half good.

The good:

Rangers, Yankees, Knicks, Giants

The bad:

Islanders Alt (And especially if their next jerseys are the ones we have seen), Mets (the black ruins them), Nets red (ok maybe thats NJ) and Jets are crap.

Archived