Please help get rid of the Sabres new logo!

daschuck77

Besides, most people were waiting for the vintage jerseys to be sold and if I am not mistaken the NHL did not distinguish the sales between the vintage and the slug uniform.

If so, this raises some interesting questions. Surely the team knows the ratio of modern jerseys/throwback jerseys sold, even if they won't disclose it.

Many of us suspect that the Brewers are looking closely at merchandise sales, to see if the retro uniforms should become the primary. If so, that's all we as fans can ask for. Give us a real choice, and let us vote with our wallets.

I can tell you as someone with very close ties to this, the new uniforms have blown away the vintage ones in sales. It's not even close.

Only because the team isn't giving the fans a real choice. Despite the fact that the vintage jerseys are (were?) listed as the official alternates, the team doesn't sell them proportionally.

Take the NY Rangers for example. They sell their Liberty alternates in the same quantities as they do their home and road jerseys. It's as easy to get a Liberty alternate as it is to get a blue home or white road sweater. Likewise this is the case for most NHL teams with alternate sweaters.

Not so with the Rangers. Despite the fact that the Sabres list the throwbacks as official alternates, Reebok still only sells them as part of the NHL Vintage line. Therefore, the vintage Sabres jerseys are produced and sold in significantly less numbers then the regular Sabres home and road BuffaSlug jerseys. Therefore more Slug jerseys are sold, simply because it's easier to get them. The team refuses to have the throwbacks produced and sold in the same quantities that other teams produce and sell their alternates.

So basically the Slug out-sells the throwbacks because of availability, not because Sabres fans prefer the Slug. In fact I would bet that if given a fair choice Sabres fans would choose the throwbacks over the Slug sweaters, which is probably why the team refuses to have the throwbacks produced and sold in the same quantities as the two slug sweaters.

Completely incorrect. Every jersey the Sabres sold at HSBC Arena was customer ordered. The team was unable to stock anything due to such high demand, so everything produced for the store was requested individually.

Again, it wasn't close. The new uniforms moved dwarfed the number of alternates.

Your theory is wrong.

No, it isn't, not from what I've heard and seen, and your "explanation" didn't help your cause. Yes, all the Sabres jerseys sold at HSBC were customer ordered, but customers only had two choices to choose from, slug home navy or slug road white. They weren't given the option to order the vintage third sweater.

I can confirm this as well. On January 11 the Maple Leaf Fans of Western, a UWO club I joined, went on a road trip to HSBC Arena to watch the Leafs take on the Sabres. I asked one of the attendants in one of the pro shoppes why they weren't selling any retro stuff, and he told me even though the Sabres were planning on wearing the retro sweaters as official alternates, the team had no plans to sell retro Sabres gear outside off CCM's NHL Vintage Line. So it seems the Sabres attempted to avoid a Chargers powder blue situation. By limiting the availability of the retro gear the Sabres were guaranteeing high BuffaSlug sales, as anyone who wanted a Sabres sweater, cap, t-shirt, etc.... had to get one featuring the slug.

My experience at HSBC has since been confirmed. Any hockey shoppe I go into, I rarely find a retro Sabres sweater. You can find the alternate of almost any team along with that team's primary home and road sweaters. Yet you can't find a retro Sabres jersey, despite the fact that they're listed as official alternates. You can find plenty of slug sweaters, but good luck finding a retro Sabres sweater. Why? Because even though they officially list them as alternates, the Sabres want to limit the amount produced. They know if given a fair choice, the throwbacks will outsell the slugs by a wide margin.

But compared to the angry devil goat. (Black and red ??? WTF?!?)

IMO the devil goat and the slug are tied. Design wise the devil goat blows the slug away, as it actually resembles a buffalo. The slug though is at least in the classic Sabres colours (sort of) so the slug wins in terms of colour scheme.

And compared to the other old logo with a buffalo and some sabres in a circle. (Classic but stupid if you look at it objectively.)

The slug is... sadly... the best logo they've ever had.

I disagree. The original logo is brilliant. The team's name is the Buffalo Sabres. The logo featured a buffalo jumping over two sabres. It was able to spell out the team's name without using words. On top of that the images were used so they meshed well together. If used today I would prefer an updated version like the one js designed, but even the original version blows the slug out of the water.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The limited availability of the vintage third is because obviously they won't be available for sale in an RBK Edge style format and in 2008-2009 Larry Quinn's game plan was to bring back the vintage in a darker blue because of what he called inconsistencies in the Royal Blue fabric stock of the vintage. They are trying to sell out this old batch before they retool the alternates in an Edge friendly format.

If you didn't notice, it was real annoying to watch the Sabres play with the royal blue vintage jersey and the current navy blue pants and helmets...It was kind of bushleague if you ask me and indicative that they scrambled to put it together in a hurry to qwell the fans over the initial outrage. A 10-0 start certainly cooled the backlash as well along with the president's trophy...Lucky Larry.

Do you think fans really have got used to the logo enough to put that on a stanley cup banner?...I'm anxious to see what they raise for their president's trophy...I think over exposure to that piece of crap will make fans grow weary...Only time will tell for this whole thing.

Besides, most people were waiting for the vintage jerseys to be sold and if I am not mistaken the NHL did not distinguish the sales between the vintage and the slug uniform.

If so, this raises some interesting questions. Surely the team knows the ratio of modern jerseys/throwback jerseys sold, even if they won't disclose it.

Many of us suspect that the Brewers are looking closely at merchandise sales, to see if the retro uniforms should become the primary. If so, that's all we as fans can ask for. Give us a real choice, and let us vote with our wallets.

I can tell you as someone with very close ties to this, the new uniforms have blown away the vintage ones in sales. It's not even close.

Only because the team isn't giving the fans a real choice. Despite the fact that the vintage jerseys are (were?) listed as the official alternates, the team doesn't sell them proportionally.

Take the NY Rangers for example. They sell their Liberty alternates in the same quantities as they do their home and road jerseys. It's as easy to get a Liberty alternate as it is to get a blue home or white road sweater. Likewise this is the case for most NHL teams with alternate sweaters.

Not so with the Rangers. Despite the fact that the Sabres list the throwbacks as official alternates, Reebok still only sells them as part of the NHL Vintage line. Therefore, the vintage Sabres jerseys are produced and sold in significantly less numbers then the regular Sabres home and road BuffaSlug jerseys. Therefore more Slug jerseys are sold, simply because it's easier to get them. The team refuses to have the throwbacks produced and sold in the same quantities that other teams produce and sell their alternates.

So basically the Slug out-sells the throwbacks because of availability, not because Sabres fans prefer the Slug. In fact I would bet that if given a fair choice Sabres fans would choose the throwbacks over the Slug sweaters, which is probably why the team refuses to have the throwbacks produced and sold in the same quantities as the two slug sweaters.

Completely incorrect. Every jersey the Sabres sold at HSBC Arena was customer ordered. The team was unable to stock anything due to such high demand, so everything produced for the store was requested individually.

Again, it wasn't close. The new uniforms moved dwarfed the number of alternates.

Your theory is wrong.

No, it isn't, not from what I've heard and seen, and your "explanation" didn't help your cause. Yes, all the Sabres jerseys sold at HSBC were customer ordered, but customers only had two choices to choose from, slug home navy or slug road white. They weren't given the option to order the vintage third sweater.

I can confirm this as well. On January 11 the Maple Leaf Fans of Western, a UWO club I joined, went on a road trip to HSBC Arena to watch the Leafs take on the Sabres. I asked one of the attendants in one of the pro shoppes why they weren't selling any retro stuff, and he told me even though the Sabres were planning on wearing the retro sweaters as official alternates, the team had no plans to sell retro Sabres gear outside off CCM's NHL Vintage Line. So it seems the Sabres attempted to avoid a Chargers powder blue situation. By limiting the availability of the retro gear the Sabres were guaranteeing high BuffaSlug sales, as anyone who wanted a Sabres sweater, cap, t-shirt, etc.... had to get one featuring the slug.

My experience at HSBC has since been confirmed. Any hockey shoppe I go into, I rarely find a retro Sabres sweater. You can find the alternate of almost any team along with that team's primary home and road sweaters. Yet you can't find a retro Sabres jersey, despite the fact that they're listed as official alternates. You can find plenty of slug sweaters, but good luck finding a retro Sabres sweater. Why? Because even though they officially list them as alternates, the Sabres want to limit the amount produced. They know if given a fair choice, the throwbacks will outsell the slugs by a wide margin.

I don't know what "hockey shoppes" you are going to, but you don't seem to be going to the right ones. You speaking of an isolated incident doesn't back anything up. The Sabres Store has been selling the alternate jerseys (not vintage, as noted by the location of the CCM logo on the back) since they were available from CCM, including offering lettered ones by request. They even stock lettered alternates now, and they had a decent supply the last time I was there. There were hats, t-shirts, just about everything available with the old logo on it that were available from companies with licenses. They weren't holding anything back.

The lack of availability early in the season of the alternates coincided with the lack of availability of the new gear as well. CCM doesn't just ship whatever they feel like to the Sabres Store, the team does order what's needed, and demand for the new gear was higher than that of the old logo. Why would they stock more of one jersey when another is in more demand? CCM can only produce so many goods at a time. If they could make as many as they wanted, there never would have been problems with production. In a sense, they did limit production, because they needed more of the jerseys with the golden buffalo on it. It wasn't a huge conspiracy, they just needed the goods that would allow them to complete the orders placed by customers.

Not to sound like an ass, because everyone's opinion counts here, but I'm not wrong, so don't try to dispute me here.

You don't like the new logo. We get it. You don't have to spam every message board on the internet with your problems. It's a gold buffalo. Not anything else.

The limited availability of the vintage third is because obviously they won't be available for sale in an RBK Edge style format and in 2008-2009 Larry Quinn's game plan was to bring back the vintage in a darker blue because of what he called inconsistencies in the Royal Blue fabric stock of the vintage. They are trying to sell out this old batch before they retool the alternates in an Edge friendly format.

If you didn't notice, it was real annoying to watch the Sabres play with the royal blue vintage jersey and the current navy blue pants and helmets...It was kind of bushleague if you ask me and indicative that they scrambled to put it together in a hurry to qwell the fans over the initial outrage. A 10-0 start certainly cooled the backlash as well along with the president's trophy...Lucky Larry.

Do you think fans really have got used to the logo enough to put that on a stanley cup banner?...I'm anxious to see what they raise for their president's trophy...I think over exposure to that piece of crap will make fans grow weary...Only time will tell for this whole thing.

The new jerseys are darker than they should be. The alternates should be darker than they are. If you compare the Sabres' Pantone colors with the actual jerseys, the jerseys are too dark. Due to late changes in the design, this couldn't be fixed. CCM also could not get the Royal Blue correct, as it should've been darker (compare a 90's replica from before the first switch and a current alternate and you'll see a difference). There shouldn't have been as much of a difference between the two jerseys. There is a possibility this might be altered. Had the logo not been leaked, and production rushed to move up the unveiling two weeks, this may have not been an issue.

Again, these your opinions, and you're using your opinions as an argument. Of course the "outrage" about the new logo was gone once the season got underway. People overreact to stupid things, and in the big picture, the logo doesn't matter if the team is winning. All of a sudden, the two captains are gone, and this is a big deal again? Have your fun bitching and moaning until October rolls around, then no one's gonna care.

The new jerseys are darker than they should be. The alternates should be darker than they are. If you compare the Sabres' Pantone colors with the actual jerseys, the jerseys are too dark. Due to late changes in the design, this couldn't be fixed. CCM also could not get the Royal Blue correct, as it should've been darker (compare a 90's replica from before the first switch and a current alternate and you'll see a difference). There shouldn't have been as much of a difference between the two jerseys. There is a possibility this might be altered. Had the logo not been leaked, and production rushed to move up the unveiling two weeks, this may have not been an issue.

Again, these your opinions, and you're using your opinions as an argument. Of course the "outrage" about the new logo was gone once the season got underway. People overreact to stupid things, and in the big picture, the logo doesn't matter if the team is winning. All of a sudden, the two captains are gone, and this is a big deal again? Have your fun bitching and moaning until October rolls around, then no one's gonna care.

Those don't sound mcuh like facts either...were you dug in the RBK sweat shops or something? I read that over a couple of times and think if it was the Sabres plan all along like they tell the fans, then the Sabres would have had the royal blue vintage pants and helmets to wear as a complete look. The Sabres should have outfitted the team with authentic matching pants for the alternate if they were going to wear them all along for those 15 games. It reminds me back in 1994 when all the Bills did was cheaply slap a standing white buffalo on the helmet during the NFL's mandatory throwback initiative.

Dude, I gave it a whole year, some lemmings got used to it, a pile of teenagers fell in love with it, and others still hate it. I still hate it but would not brand you a loser, a$#hole, Slugaphile or anything like that because first and formost your a Sabres hockey fan.

I like what John Slabyk created 4 years ago and was always hoping that a native Western New Yorker's designs would find their way on a jersey.

It's funny because I was working on the site while the post season was still in progress and I put it up a full day before Drury and Briere split with no idea of them leaving July 1st. I figured one of them would go, not both of them. I think it's much more than an opinion that the Buffalo Sabres front office was not truthful in handling the logo and personnel issues. And its not opinion that the fans had no say in the whole process and that is what if anything I would like to see 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 years, or when Haley's comet comes back or whenever they change the logo again.

Larry Quinn was better at building the arena and not good at keeping good players in it. I would rather spend my merchandise money elsewhere...and still root for the team, and still put my ass in a HSBC seat. It doesn't make anyone else more or less of a fan if they agree or not.

You don't like the new logo. We get it. You don't have to spam every message board on the internet with your problems.

Not to sound like an ass ( :rolleyes: ), but what's your problem?

Spamming every message board on the internet? This is the only message board I've ever posted my opinions regarding the new Sabres logo. So either you're talking out of your ass, or you have me confused with someone else.

My problems? Please. I'm not one of those constant whiners who posts his problems in the lounge, expecting an internet forum to solve my personal issues. Get over it dude, I don't agree with you when it comes to the new Sabres logo. Deal with it. You're going to post your opinions on the matter every time a BuffaSlug thread pops up, and I'll continue to do likewise. What on G-d's green Earth makes you feel that out of both of our opinions, yours somehow matters more?

I don't like the new Sabres logo, and I guarantee you, I'm not the only one.

It's a gold buffalo. Not anything else.

Of course that's what it's suppose to be, but it fails in that regard. It's to abstract, it's lacking legs, and the forward momentum of the logo would flip the thing over head first. It fails miserably as a buffalo. Even if we give it the benefit of the doubt, it's still a crappy logo. The name of the team is the Buffalo Sabres. I'm not saying the logo can't use a buffalo, but at least make the effort to incorporate sabres into the mark. Heck, I would be happy if they found a way to integrate the slug into the traditional "circle/crossed sabres" logo.

Those don't sound mcuh like facts either...were you dug in the RBK sweat shops or something? I read that over a couple of times and think if it was the Sabres plan all along like they tell the fans, then the Sabres would have had the royal blue vintage pants and helmets to wear as a complete look. The Sabres should have outfitted the team with authentic matching pants for the alternate if they were going to wear them all along for those 15 games. It reminds me back in 1994 when all the Bills did was cheaply slap a standing white buffalo on the helmet during the NFL's mandatory throwback initiative.

Dude, I gave it a whole year, some lemmings got used to it, a pile of teenagers fell in love with it, and others still hate it. I still hate it but would not brand you a loser, a$#hole, Slugaphile or anything like that because first and formost your a Sabres hockey fan.

I like what John Slabyk created 4 years ago and was always hoping that a native Western New Yorker's designs would find their way on a jersey.

It's funny because I was working on the site while the post season was still in progress and I put it up a full day before Drury and Briere split with no idea of them leaving July 1st. I figured one of them would go, not both of them. I think it's much more than an opinion that the Buffalo Sabres front office was not truthful in handling the logo and personnel issues. And its not opinion that the fans had no say in the whole process and that is what if anything I would like to see 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 years, or when Haley's comet comes back or whenever they change the logo again.

Larry Quinn was better at building the arena and not good at keeping good players in it. I would rather spend my merchandise money elsewhere...and still root for the team, and still put my ass in a HSBC seat. It doesn't make anyone else more or less of a fan if they agree or not.

The team doesn't have to be truthful. It's a private firm, and the logo change was internal process. Fans did have a say, they're the ones who initiated the change to begin with. The team isn't required to hold official polls or let fans vote, but they used input from fans as a guide. They eventually decided to go with a new look instead of an update, which I feel was the right move. (I think you'd be upset to see the one that was scrapped at the last minute, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it.)

What it really comes down to is that it's a business, and more than likely, in a few years, the Sabres will change something up again. It may not be a wholesale change, but they might phase stuff out like Columbus did with their original logo. Change is inevitable, but in this case, it isn't necessary.

But as a caller to WGR's Whiner Line put it so perfectly when the whole logo outcry happened last year, "No one's gonna care about the logo when the team is 72-0-10." On ice results are most important.

But as a caller to WGR's Whiner Line put it so perfectly when the whole logo outcry happened last year, "No one's gonna care about the logo when the team is 72-0-10." On ice results are most important.

So if you think it's a waste of time to discuss the positives and negatives of a sports team's latest uniform and/or logo design, why are you here?

Oh, BTW, how'd that "72-0-10/Sabres are a lock to win the Cup" thing go?

Reality check, the Sabres are making money off of the new logo, they will not chage their identity because a small group of fans want them to. Sorry to break it to you, but it's the truth.

i would change it...

make more money that way!

:P

This post has been edited by zer0dotcom on some time in the future

FBI_Bar.jpg

women_lover.gif

I don't know... guess I haven't been trying to buy a throwback Sabres jersey to know just how hard it is, but like I said to STL, if the Cubs come out with a cubbaslug and I don't like it, I'm not buying it. If I'm a Sabres fan and the choice, as you suggest, is wait for a "vintage" Sabres jersey to come available or buy the readily available buffaslug, I wait.

I just don't believe that hundreds of Buffalo fans are snapping up buffaslug just because the vintage jerseys aren't available. I think we all might be in denial a bit that the slug is a hit... unless we find out that the reason for the increase in sales is because of vintage alts, as some have suggested.

I think we have to give the Sabres fans some credit -- not necessarily for taste (although I am not as anti-slug as some), but at least for not buying something just because it's new and available.

Fans tend to identify the team with its current primary, not its alt-retro. Therefore, most are going to buy the primary. It's worn for more games, the logo is on all the promotional items, on TV, etc. I think, forgetting about looks, the alt is at an automatic disadvantage for all teams--particularly an alt that diverts alot from the primary. I think the Brewers fans LOVE the ball in glove, but I suspect that the primaries are selling more. I guess I don't knwo that though.

I don't think this sends the message that the Buffalo fans like the slug more than the original. I think it sends the message that most fans are not that concerned with such things and buy merchandise to show support for the team, regardless. I suspect, that if you asked the fans that had the merchandise, that most would prefer the classic logo, but just want to support the team (and therefore do not hate the slug as much as we do). But I don't think it is a hit. Obviously, though, I cannot back any of this up.

Therefore, I think that the big sales does not mean that they should keep the slug because people like it. I think it means they do not have run out and change because people don't care about logos that much.

The Canucks retro logo outsells their primary by about 8 to 1. It's so popular that they're changing the team colours back to blue and green. On the current look: I thought it was funny when I was in a sports store a few weeks back and I was asking about the current Canucks uniforms being discounted heavily and the sales guys said they wanted to get rid of them badly. I asked about the vintage jerseys being on sale and they told me "there's no way we're going to discount those"

DEATH TO REEBOK

The team doesn't have to be truthful. It's a private firm, and the logo change was internal process. Fans did have a say, they're the ones who initiated the change to begin with. The team isn't required to hold official polls or let fans vote, but they used input from fans as a guide. They eventually decided to go with a new look instead of an update, which I feel was the right move. (I think you'd be upset to see the one that was scrapped at the last minute, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it.)

What it really comes down to is that it's a business, and more than likely, in a few years, the Sabres will change something up again. It may not be a wholesale change, but they might phase stuff out like Columbus did with their original logo. Change is inevitable, but in this case, it isn't necessary.

It's marketing and economics...Their revenue from merchandise sales flatlined. It's all following trends...rarely can you see teams like Detroit and Montreal with real staying selling power with their identities.

Hey...I get it. Angry horned yellow penises are in.

You should be at liberty to discuss the last minute scrapped logo...or email it to info@SabresNotSlugs.com, it would remain completely confidential if it slipping out would cost you your job. I sincerely promise you that.

Please find the liberty..otherwise you're being very un-dude. All I ever wanted to see was one other of the 80 or so ideas they claimed to have floated around during this whole process.

It's marketing and economics...Their revenue from merchandised redlined. It's all following trends...rarely can you see teams like Detroit and Montreal with real staying selling power with their identities.

You should be at liberty to discuss the last minute scrapped logo...or email it to info@SabresNotSlugs.com, it would remain completely confidential if it slipping out would cost you your job. I sincerely promise you that.

Please find the liberty..otherwise you're being very un-dude. All I ever wanted to see was one other of the 80 or so ideas they claimed to have floated around during this whole process.

I'm not sure which of these designs was scrapped at the last minute, but I would assume it would be one of these. All of these were designs were considered when the Sabres went about picking their new mark. How the slug beat out of these is a mystery in and of itself, but hey, here are some of the ideas they almost went with:

31ac86ca.gif

Concept-2.gif

Concept-3.gif

I'm unsure if those were finalists in the process, but they are actual designs submitted.

So yes, the traditional route was pursued. And you'll be happy to know DASCHUCK77, that they were designed by a native WNY'er.

I'm unsure if those were finalists in the process, but they are actual designs submitted.

So yes, the traditional route was pursued. And you'll be happy to know DASCHUCK77, that they were designed by a native WNY'er.

Who was a fan of Zorro by the looks of the slashing on the poor bison...The poor thing looks molested.

I'll admit that the slug looks marginally better than this wounded vintage wannabe. Some of them are quite similar to some of Slabyks concepts as well...

But look below...In my opinion, it is still a far cry from where Slabyk had it right all along.

I think Slabyk may have come cheaper than 200k too...

It's marketing and economics...Their revenue from merchandised redlined. It's all following trends...rarely can you see teams like Detroit and Montreal with real staying selling power with their identities.

I'm not sure which of these designs was scrapped at the last minute, but I would assume it would be one of these. All of these were designs were considered when the Sabres went about picking their new mark. How the slug beat out of these is a mystery in and of itself, but hey, here are some of the ideas they almost went with:

31ac86ca.gif

Concept-2.gif

Concept-3.gif

It wasn't any of those, but probably a later version. The farthest I'll go is that there were no swords whatsoever in the main crest. I really won't say anything else.

The one they went with was the right choice, IMO.

It wasn't any of those, but probably a later version. The farthest I'll go is that there were no swords whatsoever in the main crest. I really won't say anything else.

I'm tired of people yelling at other people for protecting their sources and whatnot, so don't think that's what I'm trying to do. If you've got a solid reason like that, no problem.

But I'm curious why you "won't say anything else." The more knowledge the better, especially when it's after the fact.

But if you've got a good reason, that's cool.

31ac86ca.gif

Concept-2.gif

Concept-3.gif

Maybe it was closer to one of these....

Concept-4.gif

Sketches1.jpg

Of all the ones the team actually considered, maybe (and that's a very sad possibility).

Still, Slabyk's update of the original mark, a recolour of the third jersey crossed sabres mark, or simply the original mark itself, all blow the slug away, IMO.

Who was a fan of Zorro by the looks of the slashing on the poor bison...The poor thing looks molested.

I'll admit that the slug looks marginally better than this wounded vintage wannabe. Some of them are quite similar to some of Slabyks concepts as well...

But look below...In my opinion, it is still a far cry from where Slabyk had it right all along.

I have from the begining and still do think what they have is an excellent logo. Personally, those that were just shown are not that strong to me. If given the option between that and the current logo, I'd take it in a second.

I am a big fan of Slabyks logos as well, and had they gone the vintage route, those would be the ones I'd like.

To me they had a winner either way.

But the owners I'm assuming wanted a fresh start. Its happened many times and you're lucky they still allowed sales of the original blue and gold. There are some teams in the other leagues that you can't find retro stuff because the owners of the teams simply don't allow it.

Of all the ones the team actually considered, maybe (and that's a very sad possibility).

Still, Slabyk's update of the original mark, a recolour of the third jersey crossed sabres mark, or simply the original mark itself, all blow the slug away, IMO.

I would reluctantly agree the slug was the best of what was around if that was all that was available...with that said, I'm off to sleep but not before I pretend my dog is Larry Quinn's pet banana slug and kick her.

**Attention PETA: It was only a figure of speech...**

Later guys.

you mean the charging cotton ball? sorry, but I think Slabyk's are weak. I've never seen the allure of what

makes people like them so much. They're too busy with multiple outlines, unneccesary shading and the bison are not rendered very well. Too stubby and puffy. At least the ones shown are thought out and when you actually look at the charging bisons the lines flow back and the angles and curves have purpose. It's actually designed and not just drawn. The zorro slash you refer to indicates the distinction between the mane and the body, I don't get why it's wounded? The first one looks like a very slight update to the original crest, which is what alot of people first cried for when the Slug was leaked.

Basically you're never going to like anything else but Slabyk designs, however like I mentioned earlier in the thread, they're never going to use them, so you can stop beating the horse, it's dead. Would you at least take my advice and remove J.Patton from your website? they had nothing to do with designing the slug. When all the yelling is over I do support your effort to get rid of the slug and find a better logo. We can just agree to disagree. I want the old original logo as is and you want Slabyks.

Archived