Who's Now?

nwtrailtrekker

• 2 weeks later...

So I have the TV on ESPN because nothing else is on, and this "Who's Now" segment comes on....has Erin Andrews been doing this all along?

Granted, seeing her in person is mucho better, but if she's on there, I might have to watch. She's not half bad, for a Florida girl.....

Why is Michael Smith on the panel? He too football bias. If your gonna do this Who's Now crap, do it right. Have an unbias panel who know about sports in general, Not celebs who dont know what they're talking about or people who are bias to one sport. Perfect Example. Smith made every reason Tiger was more no than LaDaniean but he pick Tomlinson. Why? "because football is the top sport", correct me if im wrong, didnt Tiger accomplish more in his sport. Isnt Tiger more a celebrity.

They don't need an unbiased "Who's Now" panel, they need an unbiased Programming for Real People Panel. If you asked me and any other ninety-nine random ESPN viewers, my guess is that 70% of us would say that "Who's Now" is stupid, and just plain boring TV. I will switch the channel if I'm watching SportsCenter and that segment comes on. It's just one drawn out "Who's your favorite athlete" poll. They could have accomplished the same thing with a SportsNation poll. Then we'd at least get the state-by-state breakdown.

Plus, if you watch SC everyday, it gets awfully repetitive. They're basically showing the same "bio videos" from the first round over and over again.

And why the hell do I care if Adam Sandler likes Shaq better then Dale Earnhart? Seriously.

I watched this segment the other night, and want to know if it's at all possible for a news program to "Jump the Shark". Because if it is, SportsCenter has.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I watched this segment the other night, and want to know if it's at all possible for a news program to "Jump the Shark". Because if it is, SportsCenter has.

To me, it jumped a long time ago, longer than you want to know. And why bother to vote? It'll be Tom Brady winning it easily, because it's already been predetermined by ESPN executives.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

In the only "Who's Now" segment I watched, someone actually used "number of ESPYs won" in their argument for LaDaniean Tomlinson. Using one stupid ESPN idea to promote another stupid ESPN idea. I wonder how many times LT was the answer to a question on "Stump the Schwab"?

:rolleyes:

"Who's Now?", they asked. "Who cares?", I asked to myself.

Seriously, this is SportsCenter reaching a new low. I thought that the Steve Phillips Press Conferences & the monthlong crowning of the 2005-06 USC Trojans as the greatest CFB team of all time (only to lose the Rose Bowl) was bad.

This, however, is rock-bottom.

If they need filler during the slow months, they need to come up with another "50 states in 50 days" segment. That was some pretty interesting sporting events they went to.....

Yes. In fact, if anyone was paying attention, they even visited this hole in the wall. Too bad a hurricane got in the way of the Gueydan Duck Festival's 15 minutes of fame, as a Duck Festival organizer lamented to me... :rolleyes:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Sportscenter has jumped the shark and the ocean the shark was in. Who's Now? Dumbest :censored: ing thing they've ever done...until the next one. And rest assured kids there will be a next one and it will make Who's Now look like quality programming.

Who's Now? Who gives a :censored:?

ESPN: Exceptionally Stupid Programming Network.

BB52Big.jpg

Sportscenter has jumped the shark and the ocean the shark was in. Who's Now? Dumbest :censored: ing thing they've ever done...until the next one. And rest assured kids there will be a next one and it will make Who's Now look like quality programming.

Who's Now? Who gives a :censored:?

ESPN: Exceptionally Stupid Programming Network.

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

1) If y'all think it's the dumbest thing ever why are you watching?

2) If you're not watching it, how do you know it's the dumbest thing ever?

Just asking.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Just asking.

1 - I change the channel whenever it comes on.

2 - I've never been to Antarctica, but I know it's there

This is my first visit to this thread - I saw jigga post and wanted to see who he had skewered :-)

It's where I sit.

Just asking.

Not to poke a hole in your infallible logic or anything but...

It's a "tournament" that decides "who's more now." In short, it's a contest to decide who is the most popular athlete among ESPN viewers. Truth be told it's probably a research tool to give ESPN programming execs an idea of how to break down their coverage of specific sports and athletes.

Does a person really need to watch every episode to determine that it's a pretty stupid idea? A "match-up" between Jeff Gordon and LeBron James was all I needed to see. That aside, let's consider the fact we are stating subjective opinions on the topic.

It's all subjective so there's no real way to prove that "Who's Now?" is stupid, brilliant, or anything in between. To answer your question, since it's a matter of opinion, we don't "know" that "Who's Now?" is the dumbest thing ever. We merely think it's the dumbest thing ever. Some of us may have watched numerous episodes to reach that opinion. Some may have watched one episode. Some may have simply heard the description of the program. In any case I think the majority agrees that "Who's Know? is not a high water mark in ESPN programming.

Hope that helps.

BB52Big.jpg

"Who's Now?", they asked. "Who cares?", I asked to myself.

Seriously, this is SportsCenter reaching a new low. I thought that the Steve Phillips Press Conferences & the monthlong crowning of the 2005-06 USC Trojans as the greatest CFB team of all time (only to lose the Rose Bowl) was bad.

This, however, is rock-bottom.

Yes, rock-bottom. Worse than ESPN Hollywood, worse than Cold Pizza, worse than Around the Horn, worse than Sean Salisbury, worse than any cringe-inducing former jock trying to be an "analyst", worse than any EOE, worse than Chris Berman, worse than their insistence on pushing Arena football down our throats, worse than Stuart Scott doing ANYTHING, yes, "Who's Now" is that bad. Really, really bad.

Wow, I just realized I really do not like ESPN. At all.

I agree with whoever said they should do 50 states in 50 days again. I enjoyed watching all the stuff more than this Who's Now. It's total crap and obviously filler material.

This was Tiger's thing to win from the beginning, I say he wins 55%-45%.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived