Tv show settings

slapshot

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If memory serves me, the 1950s sitcom "Mr. Peepers" was set in a midwestern community named Jefferson City... though I can't recall if they actually said it was Jefferson City, MISSOURI.

Brian in Boston

Having grown up in Jefferson City, Missouri, I know of no connection between the town and that show. Jefferson City's biggest claim to show biz fame to date is that part of Planes, Trains & Automobiles was filmed there.  By the way, the guy who played Mr. Peepers (Wally Cox - yes, I said "peepers" and "cox" in the same sentence), later went on to become the voice of Underdog.

There was a sitcom on CBS called "The Two Of Us" that ran in the mid 1980's, and I fondly remember one of the characters mentioning that the were going to be in Nyack for the weekend.

Another TV show that was in the mid 1980's that was on American TV was an CBC export called "Hanging In" (You might rememer that show, Chris). It took place in the Toronto area, as did "King Of Kensington", which ran on TV in the USA for awhiole in the late 1970's.

I'm too young to remember the shows, but I know of them, and see them on our versions of your retro TV channels.

Actually the King of Kensington, Al Waxman, died not too long ago.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Struggling to find shows not yet mentioned...

The Simpsons are in Springfield, USA  (although Matt Groening as stated it's loosely based upon Oregon).

I Love Lucy's final few seasons were in California I believe, but not in a city, on a farm.

Full House was in San Francisco, CA

Oh yeah, Unsolved Mysteries, and America's Most Wanted is in Detroit, MI   :D  :D

---

Chris Creamer

There was a very short montel williams tv series, i forget the name, was set in Bayonne, NJ (or Bayview, NJ, they called it, legal stuff i guess)

I was in one of the episodes, but is had so few ratings, i think i may have been the only one who watched it...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Simpsons are in Springfield, USA (although Matt Groening as stated it's loosely based upon Oregon).

I Love Lucy's final few seasons were in California I believe, but not in a city, on a farm.

Oh yeah, Unsolved Mysteries, and America's Most Wanted is in Detroit, MI :D:D

Coach's lats two seasons were in Orlando, but the rest of the series was based in Minnesota at Minnesota State University.

I Love Lucy's final seasons were actually in Connecticut on a farm. They did a season or half of season in Calfiornia when Ricky was doing a movie, full of many classic episodes.

On the Behind teh Laughter Episode of tehSimposons tehy sall small town Kentucky Family.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Simpsons are in Springfield, USA  (although Matt Groening as stated it's loosely based upon Oregon).

Oh yeah, Unsolved Mysteries, and America's Most Wanted is in Detroit, MI   :D  :D

Coach's lats two seasons were in Orlando, but the rest of the series was based in Minnesota at Minnesota State University.

I Love Lucy's final seasons were actually in Connecticut on a farm. They did a season or half of season in Calfiornia when Ricky was doing a movie, full of many classic episodes.

On the Behind teh Laughter Episode of tehSimposons tehy sall small town Kentucky Family.

Yes but in the repeats of that episode they say Missouri...   they just keep playing the game with you  :D

---

Chris Creamer

Archived