Tv show settings

slapshot

Coach's lats two seasons were in Orlando, but the rest of the series was based in Minnesota at Minnesota State University.

At the time there was no such thing as Minnesota State University, it was made up, but now there is, 2 or 3 of them actually.. Minnesota State U-Mankato, Moorhead, and I think Bemidji is too, they may have decided against it, dont remember.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The state Springfield in the Simpsons is in is left intentionally ambiguous. Like Lisa once said,

"It is a mystery, yes, but if you just follow the clues, I think you'll figure it out".

I always suspected it was somewhere just east of the Mississippi. Somewhere with a full range of weather, higher hills/mountains, and near international waters. Michigan or Ohio perhaps? It seems close enough to drive to New York, and Branson (and Bronson), Mo., the int. water could be the Great Lakes, so you also have the beach right there.

And, West Springfield is 3 times the size of Texas. So it seems there that it would be maybe just east of the Mississippi.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The state Springfield in the Simpsons is in is left intentionally ambiguous. Like Lisa once said,

"It is a mystery, yes, but if you just follow the clues, I think you'll figure it out".

I always suspected it was somewhere just east of the Mississippi. Somewhere with a full range of weather, higher hills/mountains, and near international waters. Michigan or Ohio perhaps? It seems close enough to drive to New York, and Branson (and Bronson), Mo., the int. water could be the Great Lakes, so you also have the beach right there.

And, West Springfield is 3 times the size of Texas. So it seems there that it would be maybe just east of the Mississippi.

Yet if you look at a map, Springfield KY is about 30 miles from it's rival, Shelbyville KY...

I will stand by that till the day I die.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It's definitely something Mid-Western or Southern. The church is definitely not Catholic - no crucifix, and those seem to be regions where Christian denominations flourish over Catholics.

But how would you explain the beach or international waters? Those both seem like they are in Springfield or border it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

"Coach" was also in Minnesota until he got the pro job and he coached the Minnesota Screaming Eagles.

*edit - The above was already mentioned.

Christina Applegate had a show that was set in Buffalo, NY.

And Everybody Loves Raymond is Long Island, correct?

Anyone know where King of Queens is set?

Or how about Green Acres

IUe6Hvh.png

"Benson" was not set in Hartford or Sacramento or Oregon ... the city and state were never mentioned, and they went out of the way to avoid specifying what state it was.

For example, whenever the governor was at a podium with the state seal on the front, there was always something (a plant, a reporter, etc.) blocking the right side of the seal, so all you could see was Seal of the State of ...

CK3ZP8E.jpg

You said big cities didn't count, and you excluded Atlanta. Have there been shows set in Atlanta before? I can't recall any.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

At the time there was no such thing as Minnesota State University, it was made up, but now there is, 2 or 3 of them actually.. Minnesota State U-Mankato, Moorhead, and I think Bemidji is too, they may have decided against it, dont remember.

So far, Bemidji is still Bemidji State.  I didn't realize Moorhead had changed, but their website backs that up.  Mankato was the first, of course.

The other "Minnesota State Universities":

Metropolitan State U (St. Paul)

Southwest Minnesota State U (Marshall) (didn't this used to be just "Southwest State"?)

St. Cloud State U

Winona State U

I wonder if any of those will change over to the MSU,x names.  It'll be very interesting if SCSU changes to MSU,SC.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You said big cities didn't count, and you excluded Atlanta. Have there been shows set in Atlanta before? I can't recall any.

Forgot "Matlock", didn't ya? :D

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Was Matlock in Atlanta?

Designing WOmen, Matlock.. ok, any shows for males under 60 set in Atlanta?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

theres an episode of the cosby show in Wilmington, DE

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived