Los Angleles Clippers

Conrad.

I had seen the "unused" Clippers logo posted here a while ago, that featured the wave and spikes above it, so i decided to combine it with the Clips current, flawless wordmark as well as pull from the old San Diego and Buffalo teams for some color ideas that were unique to the current nba, with the red-blue trend going everywhere. So this is what i came up with:

LacLogoSheet.png

and some jersey ideas pulling from the hawks new "modern" look, yet keeping the neck triangle, wordmarks, and numbers from the current Clippers jersey set. My only issue with these is the logo on the back, i think it needs to be on the shorts somewhere, but i can't figure it out...

LAC08h-template.png

LAC08a-template.png

LAC08s-template.png

Any C&C would be appreciated...i'd like to perfect this as much as possible. Thanks for takin' a look.

HOLY CRAP!

That is awesome!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The wave looks a bit off...u see where the white parts are? Theres 2 seperate white parts at the top, I might be inclined to do just one. Take the dividing zig zag out basically.

I like the uniforms though, blue ones my favourite. Although the colours shout NYK...to me anyway

Good job though, its a solid concept really

sigen.jpg

Brilliant!

I love how you went through history to capture each detail.

The colors from the early teams. Parts of their current identity mixed with a "unused" logo. Then you added a modern twist to it with the jerseys.

I love it.

Now, the logo commentary:

The primary IMO is the best. With the Ball, the wave, the spikes kinda look like the sun, and the wordmark. Great work.

The secondary, it's the secondary you'd expect to see. However, is it just me or do I see LA on it?

Tertiary, much like their current secondary, makes a great tertiary.

Overall, great work man!

Well done. Very nice. The colors work very well together.

Except the Alt. I have a natural bias against alts, but, the mostly orange doesn't work for me. The other two are very nice. Classy, simple, yet clearly modern. That, for me is the mark of a good jersey.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I kinda like it. The wave looks a little like a collage with the elements sitting on top of each other rather than meshing together. The primary logo looks sharp. I say this is an improvement over their current set.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I really like where this one is going.

Just a couple thoughts here and there...

1. I'm really digging the primary, except for the wave... it's nice as is, but I'd like to see a less simplified, cartoony wave if possible just as a means for comparison. Not a photorealistic wave obviously, but something a little less geometric. This also carries over into the secondary, obviously.

2. I'm liking the jerseys you put together - well, except for the third jersey. The orange is a bit too overpowering for me. Maybe if there was more blue included it could counter that, but I'm not sure. But the only criticism on the two primary uniforms is the size of the secondary logo on the back... just drop it down in size a bit.

3. Tertiary logo is gangsterific. Keep that badboy.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Colors remind me of the Knicks a little, but I think it looks original enough to be a great concept. I would agree that the wave looks off, but this is certainly better than what they have now, excellent job!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I think this concept has got lot of potential. But in the primary logo the wave looks too much geometric. You should make it rounded. However that sun effect is simply brilliant.

I like the way you use the old colors which really identify the franchise.

The uniform is cool because of the lines that run all way down from the jersey to the shorts. You should use a different template, though.

Here's one of my old concept.

If you somehow incorporated a ship this would be better, but as it stands this is miles better than what they presently wear.

Well said patsox! I have always thought of a clipper as like a boat/ship but with this you have blown past what they currently have!! Great Job.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Please, let's not wreck c0nr4d's thread with patsox's insults. I understand where your coming from Josh, but I don't think it's fair to the person who started the thread to have it invaded with insults towards patsox. Save the insults for his own thread :D

This is an excellent concept. Great color use, solid uniform, and the logos are fantastic.

A couple of tweaks I'd ask to see were I your client:

1. I'd like to see the foam on the wave be a bit more organic, less angular. Seafoam is kind of round and ripply, not jagged. Plus, a more organic aspect to the foam will make the wave more strongly resemble the shape of the C in your tertiary logo, which would be a good thing.

2. On the secondary, I'd like to see the wave better integrated into the ball. For one thing, the black seam of the ball should probably not continue across the bottom of the wave. Or at least the blue bits of the wave should merge into the blue of the bottom of the ball with no interrupting black line.

Otherwise, excellent concept. Given that this is an oceanside city with no lakes to speak of and one NBA team named "Lakers," I have no problem with the other NBA team being named after a ship but having a wave, not a ship, in its logo. At least in LA, a team need not be so literal about its name.

20082614447.png

I'm torn. On one hand, I love the return of the San Diego Clippers' colors, especially since the Cavaliers abandoned them. And having any logo is better than the recycled Lakers' ripoff the Clippers have been using for far too long. But the jersey is based on retaining the dreadful script "Clippers" wordmark. Not only does it look nothing like the wordmark in the logo they currently use (and for that matter, looks nothing like ANY wordmark they've ever had, which is odd), but it's just terribly done. The script looks unpolished, and the outlining is unspeakably bad, most notably around the "C" and the "l" at the beginning. It's always looked totally bush league, which is never good when you've been the 2nd banana in a city like LA for so long, playing in the shadow of a league icon. And while the wave is a step in the right direction, a ship would solidify the nickname in the public conscience. Most people have no idea why the team was named the Clippers in the first place, and using a wave to represent the team won't do anything to clarify things. It isn't an amorphous term like Sixers or Lakers; it's an actual object. Hell, put a ship riding the wave, and leave the wave as a prominent part of your design... but the ship should be there somewhere.

Not a bad start...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived