Weird observations by Vicfurth

vicfurth

I have a couple of observations that I don't know if they've been mentioned before. They concern similarities between design markets that you, the reader, may not put together...

#1) Golden State Warriors and the Silver Surfer (from the "Rise of the Silver Surfer" movie)

GS_447.gif

silver-surfer-large.jpg

#2) Houston Texans script and Taco Bell

HOU_574.gif

493px-Taco_Bell_logo.svg.png

While the Taco Bell logo isn't as similar, there are still some close areas. So, anyone else have any similarities that bug them? Feel free to post.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I always thought the Wariors logo looked like the Rocketeer.

189839~The-Rocketeer-Posters.jpg

Rocketeer's a good call. What always bugged me about the GS Warrior is that his headpiece looks like it's coming apart at the very top... whazzupwitdat?

And avery... sorry, I am not seeing the similarities you're going for. The Seahawks' wordmark has rounded elements on the 2 round letters, while the Falcons' wordmark expressly does NOT use curves for the many (normally) curved letters in the team nickname ("C", "O", "S"), to the point of it being compromised from a design standpoint - nearly half the letters are typically curved in written/printed English, yet here it's all straight lines and sharp angles. Also, compare the placement of the serifs on the common letters "A" and "S" - they're nowhere close to one another. Even the letter "T" in both city names looks different in the 2 fonts being compared. Just sayin', is all...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think the odd serif and the city name placement in relation to the team name is similar enough.

I think those two, as well as a few others (bengals and cardinals I think, maybe more) were all designed by the same place. I am pretty sure I learned that from here.

MegatronSig2.jpg

It has been a few years now and I think that no one in any league is in more need for a logo revamp than the Golden State Warriors. Bring it back to Yellow and Blue, throw in some white and redo your logo. Hell go back to the state logo. No one has any idea what that Warrior is... It was intriguing when I was 8, but now it just looks ridiculous. Bring me the trolley cars!

The Seahawks, Texans, Falcons, Bengals and Cardinals were all designed by Mark Verlander, which is why the wordmarks are all very, very similar in layout.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

How 'bout these:

SEA_998.gif

ATL_304.gif

Almost every letter is different.

He wasn't posting about the font, but how they were laid out, duh!

I was? Er, I mean, YEAH! Of course I was.

:D

Yeah, if you put these two in black and white, and blurred your eyes, you couldn't tell the difference.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

How 'bout these:

SEA_998.gif

ATL_304.gif

Almost every letter is different.

He wasn't posting about the font, but how they were laid out, duh!

I was? Er, I mean, YEAH! Of course I was.

:D

Yeah, if you put these two in black and white, and blurred your eyes, you couldn't tell the difference.

Completely closing your eyes makes them look exactly the same!

Archived