Univ of Nebraska-Omaha to join MIAA

KCScout76

UNO Mavericks to join in 2008-09

June 22, 2007

MIAA CEO Council ratifies decision to add Nebraska-Omaha

Mavericks to join the conference in 2008-09 academic year

SAN DIEGO, Calif. -- The Chief Executive Officer's Council of the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association ratified the action to accept the University of Nebraska at Omaha as a member of the conference, effective for the 2008-09 academic year.

The affirmation from the CEO Council of the action earlier in the month by the MIAA's Institutional Representatives occurred Friday (June 22) during its meeting at the NCAA Division II Presidents and Chancellors Summit in San Diego.

Details on scheduling and sports sponsorship, as well as comments from MIAA officials, will be released next week.

(on a personal note: I attended Missouri Western State Univ.-St. Joseph, MO who is a current member of the Mid-America Intercollegiate Association = MIAA)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Pretty cool, I almost went to Northwest Missouri State, but I like Central Missouri more, I went to their football camp twice, and my former high school head coach coaches there now. Plus they have the best mascot for the state of Missouri, the Mules!

One of my best friends is going to play at Missouri Western as well. So I have some ties in the MIAA football world.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

This sounds like a good fit, what with the demise of the North Central Conference.

Alas, I wish the entire NCC went Division I. But it wasn't to be. And now we're going to have a huge Northern Sun conference.

I thought UNO was looking to go up to DI-AA

Good for them if they're not. I'm getting really bugged by all these D-II schools going I-AA the past few years. Pretty soon, there's only going to be about 30 schools in Division II.

Good for them if they're not. I'm getting really bugged by all these D-II schools going I-AA the past few years. Pretty soon, there's only going to be about 30 schools in Division II.

A big reason for that, though, is scholarships. From what I understand, Division II allows fewer scholarships than it did before. Going to a higher scholarship bracket is a big draw for those going to I-AA.

Also, many of the current Division II schools were NAIA not that long ago.

And let's face it -- wanting to move up, to get better, is only natural, especially with successful programs.

Archived