Vick indicted

hrivnak

Buried in all the Vick hoopla is that Falcons DT Jonathan Babineaux was charged with killing his girlfriend's dog around the end of last season. Apparently, he was pissed off at his girlfriend, so he took it out on the dog. It's interesting that this story got almost no press, while Vick's is all over the place. Granted, they are different, but it just shows how the media only cares about the "stars" of the league.

You can't compare those stories. Both are horrible but Vick has allegedly been deeply involved in the systematic killing and maiming of dogs over a 5-year period. At the same time, you're probably right that if they'd each done the same thing, the coverage would be broader with Vick. But that's no surprise, is it?

What's happening to my team?

Why, is something up with the Spurbury Troopers? :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buried in all the Vick hoopla is that Falcons DT Jonathan Babineaux was charged with killing his girlfriend's dog around the end of last season. Apparently, he was pissed off at his girlfriend, so he took it out on the dog. It's interesting that this story got almost no press, while Vick's is all over the place. Granted, they are different, but it just shows how the media only cares about the "stars" of the league.

What's happening to my team?

The Vick apologist act is getting old. The fact of the matter is that there's strong evidence the man committed one of the most vile crimes a human being could commit? And as a fan of the team he plays for all you care about is how it's going to effect the 2007-2008 season? What feelings of disgust, betrayal? The fact that you spent years emotionally investing in Michael Vick to be "The Man" who takes the Falcons to the top, now only to find out he's a disgrace to mankind?

And you only care about how of this will effect the Falcons in the upcoming season? You don't seem to give a rat's a$$ that Mike Vick more then likely tortured defenceless animals for :censored:s and giggles.

On top of all of that you then try to say "hey someone else did something kind of the same, and no one cares, why's everyone picking on Mike?"

You know why everyone's picking on Mike? Because Vick is one of the NFL's primary "faces." He's the kind of guy that people who have no emotional investment in the two teams playing will tune in to see him play. He's the kind of guy that people buy his jersey, even if they aren't Falcons fans. He's someone the NFL put trust in to carry not only the brand of his team, but the brand of the league.

Then we find out that he's a dog fighter/torturer/killer? Not only is that despicable onto itself, but it's a slap in the face of the NFL and Atlanta Falcons who trusted him to carry their respective brands. It's also a slap in the face of every fan and talking head who praised and defended him through his NCAA and NFL carrier. It's a slap in the face of every Falcons fan young or old who believed he was the man to take the team to the promised land.

What Jonathan Babineaux did was heinous, no doubt. I don't think any sane human being would say otherwise. But when you compare his crime to Vick's, when you compare who Jonathan Babineaux is to Michael Vick is, it should be a no-brainier why Vick is getting all the attention.

By all accounts Babineaux lost his cool for a moment and took it out on his girlfriend's dog. In due time I hope he gets what he deserves. Michael Vick, however, was engaged in the systematic fighting, torture, and killing of dogs. If allowed to walk Vick will just keep on fighting, torturing, and killing dogs. It isn't like he did it just once, he did it as a hobby. That's the big difference here.

Louis Gosset Jr. (yes the actor) brought up a good point on Mike and Mike in the Morning the other day...

It could be that to Vick, growing up, being successful, having reached a certain level of success, was to be the Big Daddy at dog fighting or other illegal gambling activities. THis may be what he grew up with, and what he saw and what he grew up thinking being a success was. How one is raised does have a long lasting effect, and this may be such a situation.

It sucks that just a couple years ago we were looking to Michael to be a good influence on his little brother...

Looks like we were all barking up the wrong tree (no pun intended..... ok, maybe it was a little intended)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Vick apologist act is getting old. The fact of the matter is that there's strong evidence the man committed one of the most vile crimes a human being could commit? And as a fan of the team he plays for all you care about is how it's going to effect the 2007-2008 season? What feelings of disgust, betrayal? The fact that you spent years emotionally investing in Michael Vick to be "The Man" who takes the Falcons to the top, now only to find out he's a disgrace to mankind?

And you only care about how of this will effect the Falcons in the upcoming season? You don't seem to give a rat's a$$ that Mike Vick more then likely tortured defenceless animals for :censored:s and giggles.

On top of all of that you then try to say "hey someone else did something kind of the same, and no one cares, why's everyone picking on Mike?"

You know why everyone's picking on Mike? Because Vick is one of the NFL's primary "faces." He's the kind of guy that people who have no emotional investment in the two teams playing will tune in to see him play. He's the kind of guy that people buy his jersey, even if they aren't Falcons fans. He's someone the NFL put trust in to carry not only the brand of his team, but the brand of the league.

Then we find out that he's a dog fighter/torturer/killer? Not only is that despicable onto itself, but it's a slap in the face of the NFL and Atlanta Falcons who trusted him to carry their respective brands. It's also a slap in the face of every fan and talking head who praised and defended him through his NCAA and NFL carrier. It's a slap in the face of every Falcons fan young or old who believed he was the man to take the team to the promised land.

What Jonathan Babineaux did was heinous, no doubt. I don't think any sane human being would say otherwise. But when you compare his crime to Vick's, when you compare who Jonathan Babineaux is to Michael Vick is, it should be a no-brainier why Vick is getting all the attention.

By all accounts Babineaux lost his cool for a moment and took it out on his girlfriend's dog. In due time I hope he gets what he deserves. Michael Vick, however, was engaged in the systematic fighting, torture, and killing of dogs. If allowed to walk Vick will just keep on fighting, torturing, and killing dogs. It isn't like he did it just once, he did it as a hobby. That's the big difference here.

Wow, way to read too much into my post. Go back and read my posts again. I'm not apologizing for Vick at all... in the beginning, I thought it was a media witch hunt. Apparently, based on the indictment, this is not the case. Read where I wanted him to have a leave of absence. I want him off my team. I couldn't care less if he ever takes a snap for the Falcons again, unless he's found COMPLETELY innocent, which probably won't be the case. Listen to me carefully: I WANT JOEY HARRINGTON TO START. I don't care if we go 2-14.

As a fan, he's a distraction to the team. As a human being, I find his actions (if true, and more than likely the are) despicable.

I'm just pointing out how PETA and their ilk get involved in a case when it's the NFL/Falcons poster boy, and they couldn't care less about a backup DT.

At this point, I probably hate Vick more than you do. He betrayed me as a fan, and as somebody who initially defended him when everybody else was jumping on the ban Vick bandwagon. Now that the facts have come out, I don't apologize for him at all.

I started to read the article, but got sick and skipped past it.

Jesus Christ. Free college, drafted with the first pick, an appearance on the cover of a video game, and you still need to drown and electrocute dogs (allegedly).

F you, Michael Vick.

I wish an anchor would just say something like that live on Sportscenter...It would be worth getting fired.

I had a feeling that Mike Vick was more like Marcus Vick than we all thought.

I feel bad for the Atlanta Falcons organization and their fans. They invested so much into developing him as a cornerstone of their franchise, and he's left them out to dry. It reminds me of the Ricky Williams situation with the Dolphins, but this is worse. Much worse. Even if he does come back like Ricky did, all the trust in the world is lost.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Ricky and the Dolphins!?!

406085492_ce3df22c1c.jpg

After trading their draft for Ricky, the Saints traded him for a #1 and a #3 that became a #1 when he rushed for over 1500 yards in his first year as a Dolphin. Those two #1's became Donte Stallworth (gone) and Johnathan Sullivan (gone). :cursing:

After trading their draft for Ricky, the Saints traded him for a #1 and a #3 that became a #1 when he rushed for over 1500 yards in his first year as a Dolphin. Those two #1's became Donte Stallworth (gone) and Johnathan Sullivan (gone). :cursing:

Yes, Thank you, Mike Ditka...... :evil::cursing:

We now take you from this threadjack back to your regular programming....

It is what it is.

406085492_ce3df22c1c.jpg

boy thats some genius :censored: the saints pulled then. thats almost as good as trading two 1sts to seattle for joey galloway. one of which turned out to be shaun alexander, who was light years ahead of galloway and the other crap we drafted. :mad:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Yeah, the Falcons were seeking the maximum suspension that a club could give (4 games) until Goodell did the block. Don't think he's got too much time for a hobby, seeing as how he's got a court date Thursday, and is seemingly going to have to put all of his resources into defending himself in this case.

But yeah, this basically means that MV7's finished playing football for the time being. Good, that means the Falcons can get ready to start focusing on football, Vick can focus on his case, but surely there's going to be some groups of folks who still want to drag this issue onto the organization of the Falcons, especially at training camp when the dude won't even be there. If you wanna protest, go to the courthouse and protest there. Get your facetime away from our camp.

I started to read the article, but got sick and skipped past it.

Jesus Christ. Free college, drafted with the first pick, an appearance on the cover of a video game, and you still need to drown and electrocute dogs (allegedly).

F you, Michael Vick.

I wish an anchor would just say something like that live on Sportscenter...It would be worth getting fired.

I agree 100% if what I've heard is true, god I can't even explain how it makes me feel. :cursing:

If found guilty Michael Vick's punishment should be to be treated in the same way he treated those dogs. The whole sha - bang! See how he likes a taste of his own medicine. Animals have just as much right as we do, and anyone who does things of these natures should not be cut any slack!

Maybe Vick can organize a game against the Guards

Only hopefully that giant guy (who's now a wrestler lol) plays for the guards.

untitled-6.jpg

You know, it gets to the point you have to say, "No, really, I'm not making this up." On the first day of training camp, an aircraft circled the field for an hour during practice. It was towing a banner reading "NEW TEAM NAME? DOGKILLERS?"

No, really. See pic #11 in this gallery.

:blink:

Great start to the JH13 era. My fear as a Saints fan is that all this controversy will create a backs-against-the-wall, us-against-the-world mentality a la last year's post-Katrina Saints. I can only hope it has the opposite effect and causes the Falcons to stumble through a sub-par season.

Well the Saints were garbage immediately after Katrina. Hopefully we can skip that part of the process. :D

But yeah, it's ludicrous to say that the Falcons are gonna be garbage this year just because Vick's gonna be gone. Petrino's gonna have bulletin board material-galore going into this year. This team's definitely gonna be motivated to prove themselves, and the uneducated & unprepared are going to be shocked, IMO.

And its even more ludicrous to call the entire team Dog Killers. Such a shame.

You know, it gets to the point you have to say, "No, really, I'm not making this up." On the first day of training camp, an aircraft circled the field for an hour during practice. It was towing a banner reading "NEW TEAM NAME? DOGKILLERS?"

No, really. See pic #11 in this gallery.

:blink:

Great start to the JH13 era. My fear as a Saints fan is that all this controversy will create a backs-against-the-wall, us-against-the-world mentality a la last year's post-Katrina Saints. I can only hope it has the opposite effect and causes the Falcons to stumble through a sub-par season.

The difference is that Drew Brees is a good quarterback, while Joey Harrington is, well Joey Harrington.

Archived