Madden 08

hrivnak

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought it last year for the PSP, and it had FRANCHISE, but not owner. My opinion is this: If EA can make FIFA 07 for the PSP and, aside from graphics, it be almost identical to the PS2 counterpart, then they can do the same for the Madden.

That being said, I've already pre-ordered my copy for the PSP, and it will be at my doorstep the morning of August 16th :D

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard any big features for this years game. If the they expect people to pay 50 or more dollars they better get something besides new rosters. In last years game on PS2 it froze in between plays the better have worked out all the bugs. How does it work that 2K sports can put out a game with past NFL players on it and get away without the exclusive license.

moss_moon.gif

I just can't bring myself to spend the money on this year's version. I've seen preview videos, read interviews, looked at screenshots, and I just don't see much of an improvement at all. Yes, they've now included Create-a-Team/Stadium. Big deal. That feature was introduced years ago, mysteriously disappearing, and now re-emerging as a "new feature" that's supposed to excite us.

Until these guys make huge strides in this videogame franchise, I'm not wasting my cash anymore.

I just can't bring myself to spend the money on this year's version.

Until these guys make huge strides in this videogame franchise, I'm not wasting my cash anymore.

Amen. If a couple million people demonstrate the same common sense, we'll see some changes. As long as the sheep line up and plunk down the $$, they'll crank the same crap out forever.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I just can't bring myself to spend the money on this year's version.

Amen. If a couple million people demonstrate the same common sense, we'll see some changes. As long as the sheep line up and plunk down the $$, they'll crank the same crap out forever.

Sadly, you've got xxxthousand games reserved, people waiting for the midnight release, and no NFL competition. Should I just make my check out for $65 to EA and ask them for the disk that has an updated roster? You wait. Rumble is supposed to be back for the controllers. They will pump up rumble features as stadium pulse again in NCAA and Madden '09 and that'll be another "new" feature while it will lack things like Rams with gold pants or 60 fps.

KISSwall09.jpg

Considering that systems are now online, it feels really cheap that people can't just download a $20 or whatever patch for updated rosters and uniforms. EA seldom makes groundbreaking changes to the game that would necessitate a new $65 investment. It doesn't seem right to have to buy a completely new version of the game when you could as easily update your existing copy over the Internet.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Agreed, but they had no problem charging for ONE alternate uni last year. You're paying for a jersey that an inferior system has for free. I think that it's hilarious that you can not choose the light blue Titan uni, but you can wear an Oiler uni...that will never again see the light of day.

Also, you can tell that games are not designed for two people in the same room to play each other. The play calling screen shows what play you're picking instead of having the screen of a bunch of choices.

KISSwall09.jpg

Also, you can tell that games are not designed for two people in the same room to play each other. The play calling screen shows what play you're picking instead of having the screen of a bunch of choices.

So there's no way to bluff your calls now? Man, Madden gets worse and worse every year.

All that being said, anybody know about the PSP version? I still can't find any info detailing that version. I want to know whether or not I should invest in an Xbox 360 or just stick with my PSP...

I played the 360, PS3, & PSP versions of 07 last year, and, surprisingly, I liked the PSP version the best. It's like EA put all its resources into the PS2, XBox, & other consoles, but they half-ass the next-gen version. To me, the versions on the PS2 & XBox (and the PSP) will always have the best versions until EA stops BSing & stops making the 360 & PS3 versions as cash grabs.

That being said, EA's being mum about the PSP version, which tiffs me cuz that's the one I bought. :P

I am pretty sure Madden and NCAA will have the same play calling screens. but in NCAA, all you have to do is hold down X(A,I think, for you 360 guys) and continue cycling through the plays. then just let go. I did like the classic play calling screen much better though.

at 30 fps. NCAA for the PS3 is still a smooth game. I don't get any hiccups like I did on my PS2, when all 22 guys are shown on the screen. I did read someone(believe an EA guy) was saying the PS3 might actually be 60 fps like the 360, not sure how good of a source it is though

you PSP owners, how do you like it? I have thinking about getting on when the slimmed down models come out later this year(sony taking out of Nintendo's gameboy playbook, slim it down, throw some new colors on it and call it new.) I like that it will connect to my PS3 and some of its other features. think itd be a good investment?

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I bought NCAA '08 last week, though I haven't played it yet - I went back to my parent's house on Wednesday, and my 360 just returned from being repaired on Thursday, so I'll fire it up on Sunday when I get back. Looking forward to seeing how good my Ducks are, and considering buying a mem card with the rosters updated. gah, the PS3 guys have it easy - put the file on a thumb drive and transfer over....I hope MS does this on their next console, because even though it can, technically, I hate that they don't allow such stuff to transfer over re: save files. Boo hiss.

and Madden, apparently, has returned back 'up to snuff' so it seems after struggling the last two years. Coincidentally, All-Pro Football 2k8 marks the first competition for 'pro' football (not counting arcadey stuff) since NFL 2K5...

harperdc.gif

Archived