Madden 08

hrivnak

Also, you can tell that games are not designed for two people in the same room to play each other. The play calling screen shows what play you're picking instead of having the screen of a bunch of choices.

So there's no way to bluff your calls now? Man, Madden gets worse and worse every year.

You can bluff plays. It was in last year's Madden, and in this year's NCAA, so I assume it will still be in this year's Madden.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three years later, Madden's reality and player animation can't hold a candle to NFL 2K5. Neither can the NCAA series (just played NCAA '07) over the weekend.

I usually play 2K5 and have completely updated the Saints to 2007 standard, creating the players I couldn't acquire in trades or free agency (like Reggie). It's kind of funny to hear the announcers call Reggie Bush "number 25" or Marques Colston "number 12" but hey, what can you do? If the player already existed though on another team, like Drew Brees, they'll of course use his name.

If only there was a way to download completely updated rosters to 2K5...kind of sucks to be playing teams with personnel from two or three years ago.

If you've never played 2K5, you can get a used copy dirt cheap. Check it out and you'll see why EA Sports should be ashamed of the crap they call Madden.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Three years later, Madden's reality and player animation can't hold a candle to NFL 2K5. Neither can the NCAA series (just played NCAA '07) over the weekend.

I usually play 2K5 and have completely updated the Saints to 2007 standard, creating the players I couldn't acquire in trades or free agency (like Reggie). It's kind of funny to hear the announcers call Reggie Bush "number 25" or Marques Colston "number 12" but hey, what can you do? If the player already existed though on another team, like Drew Brees, they'll of course use his name.

I dunno how you can do that with the announcers - not the generic-player-number thing, but after playing as much as I'd imagine you do...well, I turned off the Winning Eleven commentary after about 30 hours in the first game I played and just stopped it afterwards (for the next 100+ hours...), I go crazy with announcers after a while. I'd just rather listen to the sound FX and my own music to be honest.

and NCAA '08 feels really good so far, I just got my 360 back from Red Ring o' Death repairs over the weekend and dropped that in quickly. the features are cool, the graphics are pretty damn good, but I haven't had enough time in the game to tell how the gameplay is, though I've heard from almost everyone who's played it that it's a TON better than '07.

harperdc.gif

I get a laugh out of the announcers, especially when they come up with brilliant observations. Like over the weekend, playing NCAA '07, down 20-12 with a minute left and starting on my own 15, the announcer says, "Well, this is a big possession here." Ya think?

I realized that my rants about Madden should come with a caveat - I'm playing on Xbox, not a 360 or other advanced gaming system. So I'm sure Madden on 360 is a lot better than it was on Xbox. Isn't it? :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Well hold on now, I know this has become a "bash the living crap outta EA thred". But, I'm kind of excited for the branching technology which meens that you can get out of an animation faster. (so, you can use the hit/truck stick easier)

OK, continue bashing ea if you must................................

Well hold on now, I know this has become a "bash the living crap outta EA thred". But, I'm kind of excited for the branching technology which meens that you can get out of an animation faster. (so, you can use the hit/truck stick easier)

You didn't know??? Everytime someone makes a thread about Madden ANYWHERE on the internet, the 2k8 fans come in and start bashing. That's common stuff. :P

If people want to buy Madden, then let them do it. More power to em. If people wanna buy the 2k series, then they can go right ahead and do that too. Everybody has a prerogative.

Me personally? I liked the 2k series, but I liked Madden more, though I will admit Madden getting exclusive rights was bad because now they've gotten lazier. Still a fun game to play, however.

You didn't know??? Everytime someone makes a thread about Madden ANYWHERE on the internet, the 2k8 fans come in and start bashing. That's common stuff. :P

If people want to buy Madden, then let them do it. More power to em. If people wanna buy the 2k series, then they can go right ahead and do that too. Everybody has a prerogative.

Me personally? I liked the 2k series, but I liked Madden more, though I will admit Madden getting exclusive rights was bad because now they've gotten lazier. Still a fun game to play, however.

So true about the bashing.

Personally i can't wait for Madden to come out, it will be my first game that I wanted fro PS3. But it's getting delivered to my house on the 18th I think, which gives me 2 or 3 days to play it before school.

I preordered 08 for basic xbox the other night. Not expecting it to be too amazing since it's not next-gen, but it'll sate my needs.

I had NFL2k the last time it was out, 2k5 or whatever it was. It was definitely fun, had some cool things like the pre-game, and post game highlights were badass. The gameplay seemed somewhat stiff, and the run game got annoying after awhile. Just being a coach was wearisome, as you had to assemble practices and schedules and all that. It got old when all I wanted to do was play the damn game.

Granted EA seems to skip over a lot of detail. They get uniforms sort of right, but its inconsistent. There's seemingly always a big trade that happens the week after they set the madden rosters in stone, and there's some gameplay flaws that they sort of work on from year to year.

But from what I hear, this is the best madden game since Madden 2004. I can't wait to get my hands on it later this week.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

eeeeeh, the madden screens have Randy Moss wearing #18, he hasn't wore that for the Patriots at all

Doesn't Dante Stallworth wear that number?

Anyway, I made the mistake of preoredering it and choosing the "Free" standard shipping(4-5 days), but I can't wait that long, so now I'm going to Gamestop at midnight to get it, and I'll sell the other copy to a friend.

You think all these stores will have extra copies or am I S.O.L. for having not pre-ordered it? Well, I did actually preorder it but having a copy waiting for me in Greeley, CO does very little for me since I moved here to Ocala, Florida.

IUe6Hvh.png

eeeeeh, the madden screens have Randy Moss wearing #18, he hasn't wore that for the Patriots at all

your're right, didn't notice a back shot, figured they would use Moss

You think all these stores will have extra copies or am I S.O.L. for having not pre-ordered it? Well, I did actually preorder it but having a copy waiting for me in Greeley, CO does very little for me since I moved here to Ocala, Florida.

I'm sure there will be plenty of copies, they want to have the huge first week sales

Yeah, I'm a little nervous because I barely got a copy of NCAA Football 08 without having preordered it. I could wait if my copy of NCAA didn't get scratched to hell during the moving process, but I really want to play some football on the 360.

IUe6Hvh.png

Anyway, I made the mistake of preoredering it and choosing the "Free" standard shipping(4-5 days), but I can't wait that long, so now I'm going to Gamestop at midnight to get it, and I'll sell the other copy to a friend.

You can't wait FOUR days!? Wow...talk about impatient. I think life is better with delayed gratification...but then again that's just me.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I preordered 08 for basic xbox the other night. Not expecting it to be too amazing since it's not next-gen, but it'll sate my needs.

I thought they weren't making Madden 08 for the first-gen xbox??

yes they are making it for the xbox, 360, psp, ps3, gc, pc and ps2. anything missing?

and thank god they are making it for gamecube because that's all i have.

come to think of it i think that is the only they game they still make for gamecube

luckily it doesnt sell out on gamecube, so 2 morrow i'll just head to best buy, and get it.

1 week till school starts here. so looks like i wont get much sun these next few days

Archived