Madden 08

hrivnak

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the game. Haven't gotten to play around with it too much but it's a fun game. The uniform editor is slightly better than in the past... they have tweaked it this year... but i haven't played around with it much.

IUe6Hvh.png

some things i want to know before i shell out money on game for my ps2 and gas to get it:

A) Historical teams. Does this have most of the historical teams with logos and uniforms? Is there any that have to be unlocked via codes or cards?

B) alternate/throwback uniforms. whats the selection like on the alternate/throwback uniforms? How accurate are they? i know on Madden 07, the patriots pat the patriot uniforms they had them wearing sleeve stripes instead of the ucla stripes that they wore. i want to know if they are accurate and available.

C) Madden Cards. what tweaks or changes have they made on the madden cards from 07. or is it basically the same?

D) Create a team/stadium/uniform. What changes were made in this regard? On madden 07 i only had really 4 different jersey templates to choose from. so did they add any more jersey templates? Also, on the CAT, can i place a nfl or historical team logo on a helmet? on the game i have, the only logos it would let me put on the helmet was the generic logos. Is there any new generic logos, which ones were removed or is this pretty much the same?

E) Franchise mode. This was the only mode i really even messed with. Does that mode carry over in tact from the last game and can i still relocate teams to Alaska, Edmonton and Puerto Rico?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I preordered 08 for basic xbox the other night. Not expecting it to be too amazing since it's not next-gen, but it'll sate my needs.

I thought they weren't making Madden 08 for the first-gen xbox??

yes they are making it for the xbox, 360, psp, ps3, gc, pc and ps2.

Well, good, my Madden acquisition plan can remain as is. If '08 is any good, then next year, while we're all griping about how Madden '09 still hasn't fixed (fill in various Madden problems) and you guys are about to pee your pants waiting for '09 to go on sale, I'll pick up a copy of '08 for next to nothing.

I've done that every year it's come out and never regretted it. Skipped '06 'cause the feedback made it very apparent the game offered little over '05.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I preordered 08 for basic xbox the other night. Not expecting it to be too amazing since it's not next-gen, but it'll sate my needs.

I thought they weren't making Madden 08 for the first-gen xbox??

yes they are making it for the xbox, 360, psp, ps3, gc, pc and ps2.

Well, good, my Madden acquisition plan can remain as is. If '08 is any good, then next year, while we're all griping about how Madden '09 still hasn't fixed (fill in various Madden problems) and you guys are about to pee your pants waiting for '09 to go on sale, I'll pick up a copy of '08 for next to nothing.

I've done that every year it's come out and never regretted it. Skipped '06 'cause the feedback made it very apparent the game offered little over '05.

Yeah I made the mistake of buying 06 when I had 05.

As far as 08 goes, I will probably buy it at Xmas when the PS3 goes down in price (and if it doesn't I'll buy a 360)

D) Create a team/stadium/uniform. What changes were made in this regard? On madden 07 i only had really 4 different jersey templates to choose from. so did they add any more jersey templates? Also, on the CAT, can i place a nfl or historical team logo on a helmet? on the game i have, the only logos it would let me put on the helmet was the generic logos. Is there any new generic logos, which ones were removed or is this pretty much the same?

E) Franchise mode. This was the only mode i really even messed with. Does that mode carry over in tact from the last game and can i still relocate teams to Alaska, Edmonton and Puerto Rico?

I only had time to play around with Franchise mode for a little while, but I did sim a season and try to relocate a team. To answer your question about relocating, yes you can relocate to a large number of places around the country (and out of the US). When editing logos and uniforms I'm not entirely sure about placing older logos on the helmets. This has always been one of my pet peeves regarding Owner/Franchise mode. I have always wanted to bring the Oilers back into the league but can't entirely because of the logo on the helmet and jersey. One cool thing they added though is the ability to add a secondary logo for your team. Every logo design has a secondary logo to go with it.

Hope I was helpful.

YankeesHatSig.gif

2009 World Series Champions

I only had time to play around with Franchise mode for a little while, but I did sim a season and try to relocate a team. To answer your question about relocating, yes you can relocate to a large number of places around the country (and out of the US). When editing logos and uniforms I'm not entirely sure about placing older logos on the helmets. This has always been one of my pet peeves regarding Owner/Franchise mode. I have always wanted to bring the Oilers back into the league but can't entirely because of the logo on the helmet and jersey. One cool thing they added though is the ability to add a secondary logo for your team. Every logo design has a secondary logo to go with it.

Hope I was helpful.

Which console was this on?

Create-a-team is a bit disappointing. There are 38 logos, but half of them are alternates of other logos, so essentially there are only 19 logos (basically 19 logo sets). I don't understand that considering it looks like they improved every thing else.

Also, the Chiefs can wear red-on-red but not white-on-white. I am very confused.

i just bought the gamecube one. i'm dissapointed. the titans have the same uni sets from last year. no white on light blue or all light blue.

How can u have the jersey on the cover of the game but not in the game.

Also no white jersey gold pants for the saints.

This is all for gamecube.

Finally the charger uniforms where the bolt is supposed to be on the jerseys its just a picture of the logo, not an actual lightning bolt.

Now i dont know about other consoles, but gamecube is a dissapointment in my opinion.

Now i dont know about other consoles, but gamecube is a dissapointment in my opinion.

Well considering its basically the bastard child of the current gen consoles that are gonna be phased out eventually, that may explain a little bit of it

The 360 version is very good, IMO.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Well considering its basically the bastard child of the current gen consoles that are gonna be phased out eventually, that may explain a little bit of it

Except for the fact that John Madden and Al Michaels are nowhere to be found in the game.

LvZYtbZ.png

Except for the fact that John Madden and Al Michaels are nowhere to be found in the game.

The only place is when you "ask madden"

I think they should do the "radio announcer" unless its a marquee game(Game of the Week, Rivalry, Sunday Night, Monday Night, Playoffs)

This is what I posted on the main page about Madden...

Well, I just came home and played it for PS3...let me tell you, that backward buc logo is, unfortunately, in the game like that and that list from the link is accurate of what the teams can choose from. It's weird that you can choose the Cheifs Red on Red, but not the white on white combo. I haven't gotten the chance to see most of them yet as it's not like the older maddens where it showed you the generic guy. It just describes the uni. For instance, I play with TB. I can play with their Red/Pewter, Red/White, Throwback, White/Pewter. Where is White/White? Where are the throwback whites? The thing that pisses me off most is that EA USED to have these uniforms, but now they don't. Well, I guess we can't complain after being shafted with college jersey choices...

I am currently playing TB at Carolina. I put Caro in their blue jerseys and they have all white socks on. What's funny is, the animated players on the bench have the correct socks on. We should start a poll of messed up unis and lack of unis. Heck, just what I've seen in about 2 hours I have the backward throwback TB logo on the helmet, lack of White/White combo, and Carolina's lack of sock color. Knowing EA, there's probably a ton more. In fact, I'm not so sure there is an orange bengal jersey either. WTF EA?

There's also a link to the uniforms http://www.maddentips.com/madden08/alternate_uniforms.html (credit ColeJ)

EDIT: Also, it seems like alternates are just different options on dark jerseys. Ex. No Bears/Bucs/Chiefs/Falcons/etc White on White. All the throwbacks seem dark too. The Titans, however, seem to have all their options...like White/White White/Navy and White/Light blue...wonder if that has anything to do with the cover athlete?

KISSwall09.jpg

You know I've got to think there are people out there who have the ability to work for EA and would do so for free specifically on fixing the uniform and turf graphics. EA should go find them.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived