Madden 08

hrivnak

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know about the other consoles. But I was a little disappointed that for PC they dont have the Titan uniform combination that IS ON THE FRONT OF THE GAME. I mean, theres the picture of Vince Young, in lightblue on lightblue. But its not an option, you would think that would be one of the first combo's added. Also for the Seahawks they only have Blue/White for home, not Blue/Blue, which is the only thing they wear. Which coincidently was what Shaun Alexander was wearing on the COVER LAST YEAR. You would think the combo's that the players wear on the cover would be in the game....

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I got 08 for the basic xbox, and it's a major letdown, I mean MAJOR.

They basically used the madden 2005 menu (this sloppy over-gritty mess), gave a roster update, a minor uniform update here and there. Other than that, the edition is absolutely piss poor.

The new hit stick 2.0 is barely noticeable, the "skills challenges" are more ridiculous than fulfilling. Franchise mode is okay, but the "My week" option sucks ass. I hate the way the menus are set up like it's for Backyard Football with stupid chalk arrows and crap. Madden 07 was a far more enriched title by leaps and bounds. Madden 2008 for the basic xbox was nothing more than a cheap-ended hack put out by EA to get more people to upgrade to the 360.

Which as the consumer whore that I am, I will definitely try to have both a 360 and madden 09 by next fall, when hopefully they get ALL the kinks worked out.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

for those with next-gen madden 08, here's my recommendation...

go to your sliders, and put EVERY slider at 0... for both offense AND defense, human AND cpu...

then bump the qb accuracy and wr catching sliders to 50, and rb ability to 25.

turn weapons off.

enjoy.

go to your sliders, and put EVERY slider at 0... for both offense AND defense, human AND cpu...

turn weapons off.

enjoy.

Does this really work? Because I know my D has more TDs than my O and I think most games I play are this way. I'll put up 45 points easy with 3 or 4 D TDs. I heard (don't know if it's true) that turning weapons off only turns off the icons and not the ability?!?!?!

KISSwall09.jpg

turn weapons off.

enjoy.

Does this really work? Because I know my D has more TDs than my O and I think most games I play are this way. I'll put up 45 points easy with 3 or 4 D TDs. I heard (don't know if it's true) that turning weapons off only turns off the icons and not the ability?!?!?!

i haven't noticed any insane weapons with them turned off, and my sliders...

but the problem with madden this year is the defense is psychic. they'll have their backs to the ball, looking up field, and somehow mysteriously know exactly where the pass is going, when it was released, and everything... it's ridiculous.

problem with most madden games are that everyone is superman for some reason. turning all those sliders to zero, and playing on all-pro or all-madden, and it levels things out. lets players make mistakes. it's not perfect, but it's the best sliders i've used so far.

Got it for the PSP... haven't played it much yet, but I'm pretty disappointed in it. Oh well, should've know the PSP version would be half-assed. I bought FIFA 07 a few weeks back while waiting on Madden, and I'm having much more fun with that.

Rented it for the original xBox...what a joke. Didn't try all the matchup crap because from the look of the game they clearly just pasted a few features into Madden '07, updated the rosters, and went with it. It's just no fun to play especially compared with 2K5.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Rented it for the original xBox...what a joke. Didn't try all the matchup crap because from the look of the game they clearly just pasted a few features into Madden '07, updated the rosters, and went with it. It's just no fun to play especially compared with 2K5.

I'm glad I got a 360 then. The first game I played on Madden was Titans vs Jags in the season opener and in 5 minutes quarters I was up 24-0 with over 3 minutes to go, all my point scored off of INT's. The beef I have with 08 is the turnovers and how every kickoff is a touchback, other than these 2 problems it's a pretty good game, but I was kind of let down.

8prlQWA.png

Archived