My site update

cyandlux

Shoot...I dont know what you mean. It looks good on my side. This is what I fear.

Where is "view image"?

Should be fine....maybe its your settings. Is there a way to "lock" the resolution size of an entire site in Dreamweaver so it doesnt excede what Im seeing?

Shoot...I dont know what you mean. It looks good on my side. This is what I fear.

Where is "view image"?

Should be fine....maybe its your settings. Is there a way to "lock" the resolution size of an entire site in Dreamweaver so it doesnt excede what Im seeing?

This is happening because the browser is scaling the image to appear fully inside the viewable area. Your imagemap probably fits perfectly inside your viewable area, but at a height of 842 pixels it exceeds mine and thus it scales. If you're using Firefox, shrink your browser window and you'll see it happen.

Where is "view image"?

This is happening because the browser is scaling the image to appear fully inside the viewable area. Your imagemap probably fits perfectly inside your viewable area, but at a height of 842 pixels it exceeds mine and thus it scales. If you're using Firefox, shrink your browser window and you'll see it happen.

How do I stop that from happening in Dreamweaver? It doesnt happen in any of my browsers, it stays the right size and gets cut off when I resize the window.

Where is "view image"?

How do I stop that from happening in Dreamweaver? It doesnt happen in any of my browsers, it stays the right size and gets cut off when I resize the window.

I don't use use Dreamweaver so I can't speak to specifics for that program. However, I will suggest that you trash the imagemap totally and re-think the whole thing. Imagemaps went out of style around 1997 (actually, I don't think they were ever really in style). You should look into setting that as a background and then laying out your elements on top of that with CSS and divs to achieve the look you're going for.

Having done web development professionally since 1995 I can tell you this...if you're going to do a fixed width design *always* make it for the lowest common resolution (used to be 640x480 but today would be 800x600). With your current image you're even exceeding 1024x768.

I suspect you're running in 1600x1200 which is why it looks OK to you.

I run 20" widescreen monitors in 1680x1050. So when you factor in taskbar, window, and the browser toolbars you can easily see how an image with a height of 842 would scale for me. And it does it in both Firefox 2 and IE7.

Archived