Central high school logo concepts

hockeyzealot

While I realize there is a pre-existing thread for this subject, I thought I'd start this one up since the original has become pretty stagnant...not to mention I wanted to make sure I got UMLegend's attention.

That being said here are two concepts, for Central High School.

First...the Central Condors

condor.gif

centralcondors.gif

It still needs tweaking, but its a start. The second image is a very quick and sloppy attempt at text in a design...it gets the general idea across.

The second design concept is for the Central High School Shoprats. To be honest I think this could work really well. Granted its not a finished design...but it has alot of personality...which I like

shoprat.gif

I also have the sketches scaned in for the Centurians designs...hopefully those will be in by the end of the week.

Feed back is always apreciated.

the condors logo is great, except in the first one- when u first glance it looks like there is a beak pointed right, but inside of that is a condor head pointed left, so i really dont know which one is the bird head, they should be pointed in the same direction

i love the shop rats

signature.gif

As promissed here are the two Centurians logos that I've also been working on. I borrowed pretty heavily from the Senators for the primary logo...although I should point out that the helmet is historicaly accurate (at least based on the museum replicas I've seen). The secondary logo is supposed to be a roman shield with the olive wreath around it. Granted, not all that original...but very sharp...definately my favorite of the two.

Primary:

centurian.gif

Secondary:

shield.gif

Once again...feed back is really apreciated.

THe first one looks.. a little amturish... work on it a bit, clean it up, it has the look of great idea, you just need to spruce it up

The Secondary is awesome. Nice work.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

THe first one looks.. a little amturish... work on it a bit, clean it up, it has the look of great idea, you just need to spruce it up

The Secondary is awesome. Nice work.

Completely agree, down to the word.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Yes, and i think i can elaborate on sy and JQK.

The eye shadow should be more...uh, dynamic? Spice it up, get unconvential.

The nose shadow doesnt really make anything in the negitive space, its just kinda floating.

The outside black on the cape is a bit thin.

I dont want to sound TOO over critical, because by the shoprats one, its obvious you have talent.

Id imagine the logo was thrown up quickly, and your edit will be spectacular.

Maybe try a few colors near the skin tone around the face for shading.

I like the second as is, nice and simple.

Good work!, Cant wait for more.

hockeyzealot

What great work!  I like the shoprat - I have a friend who is a shop teacher.  I'd like to show this to him, if you don't mind.

I really like the Centurions.  My fantasy Baseball team, from this board, will be the Kansas City Centurions.  I've been working on some logos myself.  Great work.

The condors are also very good.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Okay, it was a snow day, so the meeting is probably not on for tonight. I will be doing it soon though. Let's get some wordmarks with the logos zealot. Especially for the Shoprats.  By the way, I have an edited version of the Rat logo with the body in white and the red more of a true red.  Like the Red Wings I guess.  It looks sweet.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

UMLegend...sorry I didn't respond earlier...I had given up hope on seeing you on this forum again.  I will see what I can do to make a wordmark for the Shop Rats concept...although I'd be more than happy to see what others might come up with...Syphi I'm looking in your direction on this one.  

Also I'll try and touch up the Centurions design as well.

I threw together this quickie wordmark...

Central%20Shop%20Rats%20Wordmark.gif

Central Shop Rats Wordmark

It's a little heavy on the black, but that's what you get at short notice (not that I know it'd change if I had more time... agonized over the colouring for a good 15 mins... this is as good as it got).

If I have time tomorrow I might convert my Los Angeles Cavalry fantasy concept (made for a Webdav Challenge a while back, it's on my site) into a Central Stallions logo... otherwise good luck umlegend... I hope you've been able to get a slick looking proposal together.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Sy I would make all letters on the word Shoprats look like the S with the outline.  That would differentiate it from the word Central.  Try a truer red and drop the gray.  Central has rivals that are Red and Gray (the Northern Vikings).  I would love to see the Stallions logo as well SY.

I am still working on the presentation.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

The grey in the ShopRats logo was my bad, I couldn't remember if Central was Grey and Red or White and Red...I just remember that they had a rival whose colors were almost identical and that it was important to keep that in mind.  I've done my own wordmark and slightly tweaked the 'Rats logo, I'll try and get that posted shortly.

Archived