NBA Ref Bet on Games

jkrdevil

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How on earth does anyone read the New York Post on a daily basis? It was almost like reading a blog but I knew it should be a legit story...

Anyway...it troubles me that these kind of stories no longer shock me.

How on earth does anyone read the New York Post on a daily basis? It was almost like reading a blog but I knew it should be a legit story...

I don't read the Post just saw the link at a different site.

You mean there's more to the New York Post than Page Six? Let's just say, me reading the entire Post is like Tank reading the New York Times :D

This is (if it's true) just as bad, if not worse than Pete Rose betting on baseball. Refs can affect the game one way or another. Pete Rose could only try to lose the game because that's easier to do.

I saw, I came, I left.

Oh i wasn't saying YOU only read it or anything...I just never had really read an article in the Post and the writing just seemed very unprofessional for some reason to me.

Oh i wasn't saying YOU only read it or anything...I just never had really read an article in the Post and the writing just seemed very unprofessional for some reason to me.

I'm sorry you have not had the pleasure of reading one of New Yorks finest papers until now. :D

Im from New York and I hate the New York Post...It belong in the same catigory as The Star and National Inquirer. Whe the Daily News and NY Time are talking about The war or a murder in the city as their main story. The Post is covering A-Rod with a stripper or Brangelina adopting a child. Their priorities are never in order.

Anyway I really would like to know which referee did it and how much did he or maybe she effected certain game they were officating. Such as making bad calls or not making calls at all.

I'm sorry you have not had the pleasure of reading one of New Yorks finest papers until now. :D

ah ...but it's nothing compared to the London newspapers.... especially the Daily Mirror ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

NBA refs are crooked??? I am SO shocked. :P

But seriously, this could be really bad if there ends up being some sort of connection to the mob or something...

But seriously, this could be really bad if there ends up being some sort of connection to the mob or something...

Well If that's the case, the NBA will (SERIOUSLY) fall to about 101st in the pecking order of the sports world(just behind roach racing, caber tossing and the proposed "Running of the cows").

Deadspin's take on this.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Well If that's the case, the NBA will (SERIOUSLY) fall to about 101st in the pecking order of the sports world(just behind roach racing, caber tossing and the proposed "Running of the cows").

Deadspin's take on this.

..... If the NBA is 101st, then I'm afraid to hear where the NHL is on the list? Perhaps, just behind growing grass watching?

I saw, I came, I left.

Deadspin's take on this.

..... If the NBA is 101st, then I'm afraid to hear where the NHL is on the list? Perhaps, just behind growing grass watching?

If this has any effect on the NHL's place in the pecking order, it should actually improve it, albeit only by one spot as the NBA falls below it. In other words, the NHL will soon be 99th instead of 100th. :P

Another very minor beneficiary of this mess is Michael Vick. While it doesn't do anything to get him out of legal trouble, it does at least divert a lot of sports media attention away from him.

CCSLC signature.png

Donaghy was good at fixing games too...in one game between the Knicks and the Heat, with the Knicks a 4.5 point favorite, the Knicks had 38 FTs in the game, while Miami only had 8, the Knicks won by 6...there's a perfect example right there.

I agree that this does hurt the integrity and credibility of the NBA, but..............

This is a league where players routinely "mail in" games, especially in the Regular Season.

This is a league where the Regular Season up to February could best be described as "Exhibition that Counts".

I think the league has bigger problems in the credibility and integrity department than one ref fixing games.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who the hell in their right mind would bet with the person that could decide the game?

The Mafia

He bet on game and lost money so to pay back the mob he fixed games, that's what it sounds like

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Just what the NBA needs a game fixing scandal. Oh well at least it gives credence to what a lot of people have suspected for years.

Yup when I first heard it I yelled I KNEW IT.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I agree that this does hurt the integrity and credibility of the NBA, but..............

This is a league where players routinely "mail in" games, especially in the Regular Season.

This is a league where the Regular Season up to February could best be described as "Exhibition that Counts".

I think the league has bigger problems in the credibility and integrity department than one ref fixing games.

I respectfully disagree. While yes, it is troublesome that every player isn't giving 100% for 82 games, that simply cannot undermine the legitimacy of a sport more than an official fixing the outcome of the game.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived