Donato's Pizza

Burning River

Living in the Cleveland area, all Donato's Pizza use the "original logo:

Donatos.jpg

I was out in Avon Lake, Ohio and noticed that their "newer" store recently started using this new logo:

NewDonatos.jpg

I have to say that I like the original better. The new one is OK, but it just doesn't feel like "Donatos" to me. I'm not sure if the new "D" is supposed to represent a pizza slice or not. It sort of does, so I guess it's sort of cool. Oh well... the pizza I'm sure is still awesome.

Weird. I live in Avon Lake and wondered why we have the only Donato's that looks like a joke. This new thing blows compared to the trad. design.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The couple by me in Indianapolis still sport the old logo.

I agree...new one sucks pondwater.

There are a couple here on the Southside that have converted over. When I first saw them I wondered why the hell they would change the logo.

The new one sucks almost as much as the local government does.

The couple by me in Indianapolis still sport the old logo.

I agree...new one sucks pondwater.

There are a couple here on the Southside that have converted over. When I first saw them I wondered why the hell they would change the logo.

The new one sucks almost as much as the local government does.

True that.

I never cared about local politics until in the same month property taxes increased 300% and city/county income taxes went up 65%!

Is this pizza any good? Having just moved to Indy I have never heard of Donato's before last month.

Its not bad at all. I usually get the Chicken Smokehouse pizza, but they have a good pepperoni pizza too. Its my favorite of the big chains around here.

Ah... Donato's. One of my first gigs after moving to the West Coast was a commercial for that chain. I played a guy who was stopped by airport security... and they found a horrible looking (i.e. not Donato's) sub sandwich in my carry-on bag.

Youtube, please.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Is this pizza any good? Having just moved to Indy I have never heard of Donato's before last month.

Its not bad at all. I usually get the Chicken Smokehouse pizza, but they have a good pepperoni pizza too. Its my favorite of the big chains around here.

It's the best of the chain brands of pizzas, IMO. and the Chicken Smokehouse is really, really good on a thin crust. I usually get the classic trio, myself.

One thing I didn't say before is that the old logo is much more fitting to their menu. Like someone mentioned before, the new stores (New Albany, OH to be specific) Have a cold feeling, like a modern art gallery. The older stores are much more welcoming.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

These are still around? All the ones down here shut down. Guess it was just a local thing.

All the ones in South Jersey folded up almost overnight as well. Go figure - they weren't bad, but they weren't my favorite either. We have too many good mom & pop pizzerias that I prefer to frequent to resort to national chain pizza joints.

And my two cents will state that old motif >> new motif by a wide margin.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived