Colorado Rapids

roxfan00

Arsenal? Doubtful.

The colors are closer to Aston Villa and West Ham. Not the same shade as the redcurrant Arsenal used last year, which isn't probably iconic enough to "rip off," anyway. Very few people when thinking about the Gunners reach for "claret shirts" right away, and those football fanatics who do would instantly recognize the substitution of light blue for gold as an accent color.

If he wanted to ape Arsenal, he would adopt their signature look - red shirt, white sleeves and shorts.

if they wore their white shorts, then it would clash with kc's shorts.

I still think that's kind of a dumb tradition about soccer. I'm like "As long as you can tell the two teams apart from the stands or on TV, then it's alright.

BUT, they've been doing that since forever. Who am I as an American to object? :P

That being said, Colorado still managed to look good. I really like their set, and I do agree that they're THE best looking team in MLS (besides Houston...only because I have an insatiable infatuation with orange.)

Arsenal? Doubtful.

The colors are closer to Aston Villa and West Ham. Not the same shade as the redcurrant Arsenal used last year, which isn't probably iconic enough to "rip off," anyway. Very few people when thinking about the Gunners reach for "claret shirts" right away, and those football fanatics who do would instantly recognize the substitution of light blue for gold as an accent color.

If he wanted to ape Arsenal, he would adopt their signature look - red shirt, white sleeves and shorts.

I was talking more along the lines of these kits from a few years back.

untitled-3.jpg

Sure the shades aren't the exact same. But to any soccer fan, who doesn't have as deep an interest in uniforms, kits and designs as us, the resemblance is there.

I knew that you were referring to the redcurrant, but I really don't think that "any soccer fan" automatically associates that look with Arsenal.

Okay not anny fan, but you know what I was implying. Burgundy shirt, white shorts, and burgundy socks.

If you look at the picture, of Henry and then this one Pic. Minus the stripes, they are very similar.

I warrant that they're similar. Very similar, even.

But you claimed it was "maybe a cheap attempt to rip off Arsonal". That just doesn't make sense, since most people wouldn't look at a claret shirt and white shorts and think "Ah, that's Arsenal."

I warrant that they're similar. Very similar, even.

But you claimed it was "maybe a cheap attempt to rip off Arsonal". That just doesn't make sense, since most people wouldn't look at a claret shirt and white shorts and think "Ah, that's Arsenal."

Okay I understand what you mean. So how about I say they are inspired by a former Arsonal kit?

Archived