I need help from the Masters.

ZapRowsdower8

I am looking for a throwback Penguins jersey from the cup years. We all know the problems from ordering an ebay jersey and the shoddy production that is put into many of them. I came across some that look pretty good, but I decided it would be best to run them past the masters first.

I searched for "1991 Pittsburgh Penguins jersey" and found this Tom Barrasso jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pittsburgh-Penguins-To...1QQcmdZViewItem

Were fight straps used back then?

Any help pointing out the flaws in this would be great appreciated. Thank you CCSLCers!

That jersey looks good to me after checking NHL Uniforms, although I'm not super knowledgeable about early 90s jerseys. Three things I noticed, was how worn the letters/numbers look. The look like they have been around the block once or twice. It also looks to me like the first A is taller than all the other letters. I could just be me, and if it is off, you could get it coverd with a new nameplate for about $20. Finally, you can't see a hem tag on the lower right hem, which raises questions to me. I would ask to see a pic of that. And FYI that link isnt working for me anyway. I dont know if others are experiencing the same thing.

SEAsig.png

That jersey looks good to me after checking NHL Uniforms, although I'm not super knowledgeable about early 90s jerseys. Three things I noticed, was how worn the letters/numbers look. The look like they have been around the block once or twice. It also looks to me like the first A is taller than all the other letters. I could just be me, and if it is off, you could get it coverd with a new nameplate for about $20. Finally, you can't see a hem tag on the lower right hem, which raises questions to me. I would ask to see a pic of that. And FYI that link isnt working for me anyway. I dont know if others are experiencing the same thing.

Link isn't working, but yes, teams did use fight straps in 1991.

the sleeve numbers should be more squat and wider but other than that it's nice. I've stumbled on this one myself and

being as picky as I am I didn't bid on it because of that slight mistake. 99% of the people out there would never know,

unless someone from this board happens to see you in it.

here's a Mario jersey from that era Penguins 1991 for comparison

Archived