U.S. Soccer

MrAsterisk

I've had an idea for my take on a new U.S. Soccer crest for a few months now, and finally decided to put it to photons. I was hard-pressed to do something "fresh" with all the other excellent USA concepts floating around, and I think that's been achieved.

CrestAlone.jpg

I started with a circlular shape inspired by the Seal of the President of the United States. Then, atop the crest, a bald eagle, America's widely recognizable national symbol. Along with the presidential seal, Lazio's crest was a large source of inspiration.

Kits are in the works.

C&C please!

I really like the direction you're gong in. I would consider adding some stars to the seal portion of the crest to complete the flag motif (I know a lot of people don't like stars in the crest, but I think it works--especially since stars are such a prominent part of the American flag).

I would also consider putting the eagle's head in profile just to give it a bit more definition.

Nice work.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Interesting idea, but it's not there yet.

1. The stripes are solid, but without the stars, it doesn't look American. I don't know that I can explain it any better, but I'd rather see all the flag's major elements used.

2. The eagle looks disproportional. Maybe that's because we don't see the talons, but the wings look entirely too long.

3. When eagles spread their wings, I believe they're usually angled slightly toward their heads. The shape of the wings looks off in addition to the length.

4. The face of the eagle is really hard to make out.

5. Is there a way to make the eagle look "tougher"? As presently depicted, the eagle comes off as not very forceful, and wispy. A little more definition in the body would make it look stronger.

Keep this going; it's off to a decent start.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived