David Ortiz Sued

WJMorris3

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070723/od_nm/...dsox_lawsuit_dc

NEW YORK - A sports memorabilia company is suing Boston Red Sox star David Ortiz -- claiming the popular slugger does not sign enough autographs.

Steiner Sports Marketing is seeking at least $1 million in damages from the 31-year-old Dominican, in a lawsuit filed on Friday in New York state court.

The lawsuit charged that Ortiz consistently fell short of the autograph quota to which he agreed and that he lent his autograph to competing companies.

Ortiz also failed to appear at signing sessions or at corporate meet-and-greet events, as his contract requires, the lawsuit said.

According to the suit, Ortiz entered into an exclusive contract with Steiner in 2004 to provide 8,000 autographed memorabilia for sale and to participate in up to four two-hour-long autograph sessions.

Representatives for Ortiz and the Red Sox were not immediately available for comment.

Well now, that's the first I've ever seen a lawsuit like this...

LvZYtbZ.png

Agreed, I don't recall ever hearing about a pro athlete being sued over their public appearances. If it's in the contract that he signed and agreed to, then he's got to put up. I don't think a million dollars means much to him, he makes a lot of money, but it will be interesting to see how this one develops

So, I can't ask an Ortiz autograph for free, isn't it?

Let's ebay a cheap autograph of Johnny Damon when he was wearing red socks... :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived