Seattle Seahawks logo

chestnutz

First I'd like to say sorry if people know this already...

So I volunteer at this camp/school like thing for city school kids. I volunteer with the 4th grade class, and this summer they're learning about Native Americans. So they each were assigned to groups and given a region to study Indians in that region that lived there. One of the groups was Northwest, and one of the symbols for the big tribes there was this (it's called a raven)...

http://www.wickedsunshine.com/Projects/Nor...ght-207x120.gif

(here's another)

http://www.beadsbybarbara.com/images/bbbMakahRavenPreT.jpg

I saw that, saw it was associated with the Northwest (where Seattle is), and immediately thought of that logo.

Has extreme similarities to this logo, no?

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=995

EDIT: Now looking at the comments for those logos, I realize that I was right haha. Oh well....

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Seahawks logo was based off of a hawk, not a Raven. :)

But yea, Indian/Native after is everywhere in the Northwest. Just look at Vancouver. The Canucks orca is indian art (and hopefully soon to be gone), the Grizzlies when they made their debut had the native art around to collar.

There's too much of it around here!!! :)

Yes the orginal logo was inspired by the native american totom poles. The originals Seahawks colors of Royal Blue, Green, and Silver represented the colors of the northwest region. Blue for the sky, rivers, and streams, Green for the forests, and Silver for the mountians. Sure miss those colors.....................

What would be interesting to see is what the 1946 Miami Seahawks of the NFL logo was.

The Chillawack Bruins have a great NWC secondary logo, that I am just waiting to see on a jersey.

Bruin-StoLo-Image.jpg

You also have the Seattle Thunderbirds logo

fp_logo.jpg

An older WHL Seattle Hockey Team was also called the Totems

totemslogo.gif

Like Revolver said, this art is everywhere, and I like it.

2000Patch.jpg

What would be interesting to see is what the 1946 Miami Seahawks of the NFL logo was.

From a shirt for sale by Ebbets Fields Flannels:

MIAMI.jpg

Interesting. However, I thought I remembered that the Miami Seahawks had the same green and silver/gray color scheme as the original Baltimore Colts (who the Seahawks became). SSUR has them as orange and white. This looks like red (maybe red-orange) and columbia/sky blue....

Pantone?

It is what it is.

Unfortunately, his NFL page doesn't list the Seahawks.

Oops, I neglected to mention in response to myart's original post--"What would be interesting to see is what the 1946 Miami Seahawks of the NFL logo was." was that the Miami Seahawks were actually in the AAFC in 1946, not the NFL. Pantone does have them listed in SSUR under that league's page as orange and white, not in the NFL.

Sorry for the confusion....

It is what it is.

Archived