Tampa Bay Devil Rays Concept

HeyDingis

Hello everyone. This is my first attempt at a baseball concept, so forgive me if there is any amount of ettiquette that I'm missing. I do not mean to offend. I'm still working on a sleeve logo, so all I've got at the moment is the Hat mark and the wordmark. Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

RaysUnis.jpg

It's not great now, but don't give up. I can see you already have some good ideas. They just need much tweaking.

Thanks. As I take a step back from it, I think I'm pretty pleased with the away uniform. I don't think I'll make too many changes to it. I think I've got a lot of room for improvement with the Rays wordmark. It's just not working - the typeface looks too 90's, and I think I can incorporate the sun a little better than I did. Also, that off-white home uniform color looks much different now that I'm on a normal monitor as compared to when I was working on my laptop.

HeyDingis?! From COF? I post on there quite regular, under a different name.

This guy has some SUPERB football shirt designs.....

You two are both on COF? I am on there too as Drew22.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

It's not great now, but don't give up. I can see you already have some good ideas. They just need much tweaking.

Thanks. As I take a step back from it, I think I'm pretty pleased with the away uniform. I don't think I'll make too many changes to it. I think I've got a lot of room for improvement with the Rays wordmark. It's just not working - the typeface looks too 90's, and I think I can incorporate the sun a little better than I did. Also, that off-white home uniform color looks much different now that I'm on a normal monitor as compared to when I was working on my laptop.

HeyDingis?! From COF? I post on there quite regular, under a different name.

This guy has some SUPERB football shirt designs.....

Im on there as BornNaughty.....

Im gonna say sorry to HeyD now though ive posted on here without commenting on this concept!!

The away uniform rocks, I love it. The 'Rays' logo sitting on that cream jersey though....looks like its almost hovering off the jersey, not in a good 'cool 3d way' either. Just like its sitting there, a bit awkward like. Maybe have a white uniform and see how it looks on that?

sigen.jpg

HA. Excellent. I am indeed on COF. I don't post too many football shirt designs these. I don't feel like the majority of the people on the COF forum give very constructive feedback. Thanks for the compliment, though. Turkleton, what's your COF username?

AH, hey BornNaughty. I guess we think alike. I didn't see that you'd answered my question before I'd even asked it. Thanks for the feedback as well. If you've got some work on here, I'd love to see it. PM me a link or something.

HA. Excellent. I am indeed on COF. I don't post too many football shirt designs these. I don't feel like the majority of the people on the COF forum give very constructive feedback. Thanks for the compliment, though. Turkleton, what's your COF username?

AH, hey BornNaughty. I guess we think alike. I didn't see that you'd answered my question before I'd even asked it. Thanks for the feedback as well. If you've got some work on here, I'd love to see it. PM me a link or something.

I agree with you about COF. I get the impression that the forum over there is over-run with kids, u know? This forum seems more 'grown up', if u will. Lol....my concepts....i'll just not mention the 1st few I did because they were the 1st US sports concepts I had done, and were therefore, rubbish. But since then ive done a kind of series on here....look out for 'Random Team Re-design....', theres 6 of them on here I think. Just working on number 7 ^_^

sigen.jpg

Looks OK. I'm not a big fan of the cream color home unis. Also, I'm not too sure that the sunrise effect used in the lettering screams "MLB" to me (of course you can argue that the Devil Rays haven't really ever been a true MLB team).

gYH2mW9.png

Looks OK. I'm not a big fan of the cream color home unis. Also, I'm not too sure that the sunrise effect used in the lettering screams "MLB" to me (of course you can argue that the Devil Rays haven't really ever been a true MLB team).

I think you're spot on with both assessments. In the next round, I've already dropped the sunrise (and the wordmark entirely), and I've made the cream color much less intense. Hopefully I'll be satisfied enough with them to post them soon.

Archived