Michael Vick Demolition Night

swilson160

http://www.goldenbaseball.com/LongBeach/Ar...5&SecID=306

The Golden Baseball League's Long Beach Armada of Los Angeles of California of the United States of North America Including Barrow, Alaska (yes, that's their official name--read the first line of the press release if you don't believe me) are having Michael Vick Animal Awareness night, where, according to the press release:

Reminiscent of the infamous Disco Demolition over 25 years ago (without the attendant stampede and chaos), the Armada will destroy all Michael Vick jerseys in protest to the inhumane treatment of animals.

Anyone got a Ookie jersey they want to get rid of?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure do. There is no way that I'm wearing that jersey ever again, too bad it's in California though. And I love the official team name. Do they put LBAoLAoCotUSoNAIBA on the scoreboard..

I sure do. There is no way that I'm wearing that jersey ever again, too bad it's in California though. And I love the official team name. Do they put LBAoLAoCotUSoNAIBA on the scoreboard..

I guess they did it in May; like the Angels, they just go by Long Beach Armada except for in official documents. Too bad, though; I'd buy a jersey that said all that on it in a nanosecond.

Well, at least they give a donation to C.A.T. (Whatever the hell that is), in your name and let you into the game for free. Otherwise there would be absolutely no way i'd burn a $75 jersey no matter what the dude did.

Even with that, I doubt it destroy my Vick jersey.

I honestly believe he is guilty as charged. and it disgusts me down to the pits of my soul. he should get the same punishment as he handed out to those helpless dogs. id like to cut his hands off and hang him upside down, or maybe slam his body against the ground untill he stops breathing. unfortunatly, he'll probably end up with probation and be playing football before the end of the season.

as silly as it sounds, i can somewhat understand the motive for murdering a human-being, but a helpless animal?? anyways, how much money does this guy need to make? i guess tens of millions of dollars to play football is not enough for this guy. 30-40K per dog fight helps pay the bills?? wtf!

as a pitbull owner (and not by choice, actually) I can tell you these are great , loyal, protective creatures that make fantastic pets. Ive raised my dog from the time he was a pup, and never exposed him to fighting or 'pit training' or any of that nonsense. consequently he has NEVER shown aggresion twards people, with the exception of them first being confrontational with me. hes a neighborhood favorite. and im better for having him.

that being said, they do demand more attention and respect than your average dog no doubt, and defanatly not a breed for everyone. but scumbags like michael vick give a horendous reputation to the breed that in most cases does not deserve it.

Pitbulls are not even on the top 10 list of dogs that aggressivly bite humans. dalmations lead in that catagory. diffrence being, if a pit bites you - hes probably taking said bodypart with him where as a dalmation bite may require a few stitches. IMO this, along with overbreeding and pit fighting create irrational fear for the dogs similar to that of sharks or bears.

its really a shame.

HOORAY FOR DUE PROCESS!!!

Seriously, if you're gonna publically drag someone's name in public, make sure you do the same after the trial is over, guilty or acquitted.

Seriously, if you're gonna publically drag someone's name in public, make sure you do the same after the trial is over, guilty or acquitted.

just replace vicks name with any of the countless amount of dog fighters and animal abusers in this country. he just takes the thing to a higher level.

anyways, Im very sure nothing will 'offically' stick to him bc hes got the money to make this thing go away. the evidence is overwhelming, and I suspect he is indeed guilty as charged.

Nonsense. This has nothing to do with due process - that applies only to the state.

Individual citizens and unaffiliated private companies have the right to draw whatever conclusions they like and act accordingly. In this case, they may decide that his known and admitted connection to the enterprise warrants such derision.

Personally, I think this event is crass and exploitative, diminishing the very serious issues at stake. It is distasteful at a minimum. But it still has nothing to do with due process.

I'm just saying, if Vick somehow is proven innocent, I wonder who's going to be the first group of folks to get sued for deffamation (sp) of character?

I'd be all for this if it was done AFTER the trial & Vick is PROVEN GUILTY. But until then, I see this as wrong & not for animal rights, but for attention & a quick buck.

Then again, this is the type of crowd that will convict Bonds based on allegations in a book. Just sayin'.

Even if Vick is not convicted, he will still have an association with the dogfighting, because he owns the property.

That connection alone is enough to cover people. Not that I like these events, but the companies promoting them have more than enough proof of his involvement to justify what they're saying.

Are you really linking this with Barry Bonds? Why?

Well, they changed it:

The Long Beach Armada announced today that they will not hold a bonfire of Michael Vick jerseys during the Michael Vick Animal Awareness Day on Sunday, July 29, 2007 at 2:05p.m. due to logistic issues at Blair Field. Fans are still invited to turn in their Michael Vick t-shirts and jerseys for free tickets to the game and may then use those jerseys as pooper scoopers or wee-wee pads.

Each fan with a paid ticket to the game is also allowed to bring a dog to the game free of charge and sit in the specially designated dog section. Fans are asked to bring a pet toy, treat, or supplies for Community Action Team and Operation Santa Paws, a local animal awareness charity. Any fan who donates to Operation Santa Paws will receive a free ticket to a future Armada home game. Operation Santa Paws bins will be set up for games this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

My wife takes phone calls for a large Internet sporting goods company - and they got the word Tuesday - "we are not selling any more Michael Vick items, even if somebody asks."

Exactly. I mean, give the guy a chance before the public convicts him.

Archived