Memorial Billboard

fiasco!

My company holds creative contests every other month. This month's is kinda odd. We have to create a memorial design for someone that hasn't died yet, but will probably go soon. Our national creative director picked Billy Graham, most likely because of the clout he carries in the Southeast.

I wanted to go with a look that was similar to the black marble etched memorials, like the Vietnam Vets Memorial, and the Civil Rights Memorial in Montgomery, AL, but listing his awards and accomplishments in an understated way (yes, I know the actual text of it won't be visible from the road, but the idea is there). The quote I found is pretty apropos.

Like it? Don't like it?

BillyGrahamMemorial.jpg

Stellar as always, sir. Part of me wants to see the clouds on the board with some glowing stuff around the text. Makes me think of Heaven and :censored:.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

THe Vietnam Veterans and Civil Rights Memorials are both black granite, not marble. I like the idea here, but it just strikes me as not being the absolute best solution for some reason. I like the dark on dark background, but maybe the quote needs a different typeface or something to really set it apart besides making it bigger and whiter.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think the grey text needs to use the whole background. It looks a little wierd having it break for the big quote.

I also agree with Andrew in that another font is required for the quote to help it stand out.

I like the look,. but I just simply cant get over the fact it is Billy Graham. I'm not a fan

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived