CPFC logo

kc51design

My advice would be to keep it simple. A well-illustrated logo like the one you've done (and it is well-illustrated) has it's place in a lot of American sports, but it looks a little bit too slick for "the beautiful game." If you look at the clubs that have redesigned their logos in the last few years - Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Middlesbrough and Chelsea to name a few - you'll see that they do look refreshed, but they also don't get too carried away. In most of these cases, they've even got less detail and fewer elements than the ones that preceded them. I definitely think you're on the right track using the old-school shield. But I don't think you would be out of line if you used the shield you're using and just slightly modified/simplified the eagle that currently sits on their crest. Perhaps you could also include the date in which the club was founded. Also, I think it might be wise to stick a little closer to the team's real colors.

Dingis,

cheers for the comments. You are perfectly right. I love new Spurs logo only because it's so simple. I'll simplify that eagle but would leave it in this shape, as Palace once had eagle in similar shape (just before the current logo).

CPFCmonaco.jpg

in this photo you can see the updated logo that I did once, but it's not a big change and it's not such a great update, so I'll try to use few of your comments and update the one I just did.

Great looking kits there, mate. Much better than the crap that Errea actually made for them this year. You might receive death threats if it was a home shirt, and colours are too similar for it to be an away shirt. But it could easily be a very popular $90 limited edition shirt.

I think the Crystal Palace needs to remain in the logo. It afterall was one of the most influential buildings of the 19th century and started a shift to using steel and glass instead of masonry.

But as far as the eagle goes, I agree with you but I really can't pinpoint a solution.

Josh,

I had that dilema to stay with the building or to take it off. Current CPFC logo is the only logo in history of the club that had a building in it, all previous logos didn't have it. Also club plays far away from where the building was, has nothing related to the building, and the name is the only thing left over that connects the club to the building. After I finish this logo, I'll show it to the CPFC board and see how supporters will accept it.

these are my suggestions...try making all of the grey/tan in the back wing blue, to give it some depth, and maybe replace all of the grey/red in the tail with blue...i think that will bring the focus of the eye toward the head/wing area as it also serves to simplify the logo - you might consider using only one shade of grey, as well - if you don't simplify to just one shade of grey, reverse them...have the lighter shade on the head and near the red in the wing use the darker shade for the body

and i really dislike the font choice for the CP, but there may be some historical relevance that i'm unaware of...

really well rendered bird, though, and i like the way you've incorporated the shield

Im not a fan of the badge design you've done, but its very well done, nonetheless.

The kits are NICE! Dont like the odd socks mind you, and HeyDingis is right, release that as a home kit and you've got problems. Releasing it as some kind of anniversary shirt, such as this seasons halved Spurs kit, would be better. Having said that, keep the main template and change the halves to stripes, and you have a winner

Turk,

that kit is only here because it has my first updated version of Palace logos, and as for kits I designed probably 20 different Palace shirts in past 3 years, so don't worry about shirt, my question is crest, I need some advices from fellow designers about the eagle...

I think it is just WAY too vertical. It needs to be compacted somehow....maybe put the Eagle in the shield and shrink the CP mark to the lower end. Or get rid of the shield and put an old school ball in the talons.

cyan, too vertical, look at tottenham logo?! I'm not chnaging concept, there is history behind the crest and the concept stays as it is, all I'm asking is some help with the eagle, the siluette, the shading...

i think the eagle is improved, but it's not quite there yet

the front "shoulder" of the wing looks like it is behind the neck...you need to bring it forward...there is also something that seems "off" a bit about the body, but i can't pin point it...maybe fixing the front wing will alleviate that problem

i also think you should make the head feathers white...itmakes it look more like an eagle to me, although maybe you're not looking for a bald eagle look

this has potential to be really outstanding...

Dingis,

cheers for the comments. You are perfectly right. I love new Spurs logo only because it's so simple. I'll simplify that eagle but would leave it in this shape, as Palace once had eagle in similar shape (just before the current logo).

CPFCmonaco.jpg

in this photo you can see the updated logo that I did once, but it's not a big change and it's not such a great update, so I'll try to use few of your comments and update the one I just did.

There's only one Andy Johnson

One Andy Johnson

Walking along

Singing a song

Walking in a Johnson wonderland.

good old sellars park.

cyan, too vertical, look at tottenham logo?! I'm not chnaging concept, there is history behind the crest and the concept stays as it is, all I'm asking is some help with the eagle, the siluette, the shading...

Yah, I said it, you wanna fight about it? ...whos that midget guy from Family Guy that saysw that? Does he have a name?

PS sorry for the C&C. I will never help you again.

PSS Crystal Palace sucks.

cyan, I don't wanna fight, why should I. You don't have to help, it's not mandatory. I don't know what caused that reaction, maybe my post sounded harsh, but I didn't intended to be rude, sorry. I'm glad you like Palace too ;)

i think the eagle is improved, but it's not quite there yet

the front "shoulder" of the wing looks like it is behind the neck...you need to bring it forward...there is also something that seems "off" a bit about the body, but i can't pin point it...maybe fixing the front wing will alleviate that problem

i also think you should make the head feathers white...itmakes it look more like an eagle to me, although maybe you're not looking for a bald eagle look

this has potential to be really outstanding...

I see what you are saying. I'll fix body tonight. The feathers on the head I had white for a while, but then the eye gets lost, and I would rather have eye stand out to get the mean look, and as you said this doesn't have to be bold eagle. If I had another color in the mix then I would definitly do the head white. I had eye red in one case, but that looked like sick eagle. Cheers for the help mate.

cheers bruschimania.

Archived