Rasmussen Taken From Race

Adam

The Tour de France is killing itself with the doping, they better stop trying to sully Lance Armstrong otherwise the Tour should never be held again because that means everyone is cheating.

However heres a question If everyone is cheating, does that make it not cheating?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Tour de France is killing itself with the doping, they better stop trying to sully Lance Armstrong otherwise the Tour should never be held again because that means everyone is cheating.

However heres a question If everyone is cheating, does that make it not cheating?

.... see what happens when one student gets a hold of the answer book? ^_^

It's a damn shame what the Tour de France has become. The German media had decided to completely stop covering the race. We often hear about these 'doping' tests during the Tour but not in any other race and they do random testing throughout the year. I'm sure the number of dopers are far more than who got caught in the Tour de France.

I saw, I came, I left.

I've made a similar point about baseball for some time...

Cycling is now officially irrelevant.

FYP.

Anyway, folks in the US only cared about it because of Lance Armstrong.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think if given the authority, the TdF organizers would institute the death penalty for first time offenders. I've never seen anything so wacked out in sports in my life. After last year, I promised myself I wasn't going to watch this year, but sure enough, I got caught up in the first two stages since they were being held in England and I really like the scenery in France with the cathedrals and castles and the creative roadside displays the fans make. The next thing you know...I'm following the competition all over again this year.

And the whole thing goes straight to hell once more.

Astana pulled out, Confidis pulled out when they had a rider fail a test and now Robobank isn't sure if they will continue as of tonight. If they go, and even if they stay without the man who's been wearing yellow for 10 days, whoever wins will be getting a hollow victory to some degree at best.

On top of all that, with the Landis case still unresolved and the evidence in his defense he's been presenting for the last year, I'm not sure I trust the testers either.

It's such a disaster. Everyone's guilty until proven innocent, the people doing the testing cannot be trusted 100%, the competitors cannot be trusted.

I never understood the entire Operation Puerto case. They gathered all their evidence, barred Ullrich, Basso, etc. and forced Vinokourov from the tour last year, then months and months later cleared everyone, and I mean everyone including this year's golden boy and new yellow jersey wearer Alberto Contador, only to have Basso confess he was guilty later on! WTF!

Once more I'm telling myself I'm not going to invest any more time in this, and this time I think it's for real.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Unfortunately, the Tour De France is dead to the American sports fan. We weren't going to pay much attention this year anyway after Floyd Landis wouldn't be "defending" his 2006 victory* (doping scandal notwithstanding) leaving no hope for a ninth straight American champ. But this stuff is really the nail in the coffin.

I understand I'm going to be branded a terrorist, traitor, and completely unpatriotic for this...but come on now, I'm honestly supposed to believe, since damn near EVERYONE else has been either caught or suspected of doping, that Lance Armstrong is the only clean athlete in the history of the sport? That's absolute crap. People are "trying to sully" Lance for no reason other than he doped like everyone else. There are just as many people, hell, there are probably MORE people have alleged Lance Armstrong was doping that have made allegations about Barry Bonds (No this is not a racial issue, just using Bonds because there have been books about both). A guy goes from life threatening testicular cancer to become the most dominant cyclist in recent history without ANY chemical enhancement? Sorry, I'm not buying it. I like Lance Armstrong, I give money to his foundation, I support his humanitarian efforts. He is doing great things, but I think he cheated. I'm as convinced of his guilt as I am of Bonds' guilt.

I would still think cheating is cheating, but you're gonna hear the athletes pulling out the "leveling the playing field" card. The fact everyone is doing it makes it commonplace, but it never makes it okay.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

This is how they need to get rid of the doping problem. Just kidnap reasonably fit random joes off the street and hand them a bike and a plane ticket to france. Then we get to see real people compete and the shadow of doping is gone. When the winner says "I never expected I'd win the TDF!" they're really telling the truth...

The problem with Rasmussen that the OP's article did not state is that he is married to a Mexican national and has cycled under the Mexican Federation. I heard that from a writer who was on KNBR-AM in San Fran this past Tuesday. Since there is basically not a Mexican Cycling Federation, it made it easier for him to possibly dope as the was no national testing. Thankfully, Rabobank, as well as Le Tour, want to constantly test. The UCI, international cycling federation for road racing and velodromes, want random testing, while Le Tour wants stronger, mandatory testing. I agree with Le Tour and they should separate if the last vestage of international cycling importance (outside of Paris-Roubaix) is to remain somewhat relavent. Rasmussen missed his last two UCI test (May 6 and June 28), yet UCI let him ride in Le Tour.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/shows...POEN20070020436

You've got it exactly right, Jigga. The reason Lance Armstrong has been able to avoid the scrutiny he has is because the public likes him -- he's a great guy and he's the kind of guy you want to cheer for given what he's gone up against. We know that Bonds has his reputation for being an :censored:, and not the kind of guy you want to cheer for. Whether he's done it or not, you've hit the nail right on the head, the same arguments that can be made against Bonds can be made against Armstrong. Right down to the fact that Armstrong is somehow associated with a guy who's been known to distributing and prescribing doping agents to athletes. Like Bonds there's a book telling of how he took them and how he covered it up. Yet, people like Lance Armstrong, so they continue to deny it. If people are going to crucify Bonds... then be fair and crucify Armstrong, too.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived