High School Concept: Phase 1

GeauxColonels

you asked for a font suggestion...i've been using berthold city bold a lot lately (in fact, I can't seem to pick anything else...) - it's one of my favorite serifed fonts

as for pose...do both a head and a full-body/action (or remove the head from the full body version)...it gives the school options

lastly - i've seen that leaping tiger over the auburn alt used so many times by small colleges and high schools (and it's always poor quality) that i thought it was clip-art

jldesigns404eo.png

I think almost any full body tiger logo I've seen is too busy to be a good logo. Go with a 3/4 face profile.

http://www.tallinntigers.ee/

a sweet full bodiy tiger from a rugby club in estonia. the types pretty sht tho.

Hummmm! this tiger (cat) looks familiar to me... Maybe it's because I live in Southern Ontario...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I think almost any full body tiger logo I've seen is too busy to be a good logo. Go with a 3/4 face profile.

a sweet full bodiy tiger from a rugby club in estonia. the types pretty sht tho.

Hummmm! this tiger (cat) looks familiar to me... Maybe it's because I live in Southern Ontario...

Very well could be. I think it maybe ripped off from some team that has a hyphen in its name.

Very well could be. I think it maybe ripped off from some team that has a hyphen in its name.

You're just Hamming it up a ton

Dammit, I can't work an ill word in there

It's where I sit.

LSU Sucks.

That is all.

LOL. Good to see that some people still have the hatred for the old rivals. I actually got my MBA from LSU after getting a bachlor's from Nicholls State. But since I had several uncles that went to Tulane and one that played football there, I can't hate on the Wave.

gYH2mW9.png

LSU Sucks.

That is all.

I heartily agree, but he's talking about Thibodaux High School, if my hunch is correct*

I would say they suck, but Gueydan's lost 67 out of their last 68 games, IMO, so I've got no leg to stand on. :P

*I get to this conclusion since among the schools in the southern part of the state, St. Martinville, Marksville, Westgate (which is thrown out also because it's too new of a high school to have someone get their Bachelors and Masters degrees already.) and Jeanerette all use the same colours as the Louisiana Ag. Institute, and the only other school nicknamed the Tigers that uses Old (Vegas) Gold is Hahnville, which is 40 miles from Thibodaux, which is the location of his Alma Mater, Nicholls St.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

LSU Sucks.

That is all.

I heartily agree, but he's talking about Hahnville High School, if my hunch about the mascot and colours are correct, since St. Martinville uses the same colours as the Farm School in Baton Rouge uses.

I would say they suck, but Gueydan's lost 67 out of their last 68 games, IIRC, so I've got no leg to stand on. :P

Wow...VERY perceptive. But I think he was saying LSU sucks because I posted 2 LSU logos in my list of "inspirational" logos.

So, do you follow HS football in LA much?

gYH2mW9.png

Wow...VERY perceptive. But I think he was saying LSU sucks because I posted 2 LSU logos in my list of "inspirational" logos.

Snap, you got to my post before I edited it. Was my first guess (Hahnville) correct?

I'd say LSU sucks because I hate LSU with the fury of 12,000 suns, and because I'm an alum of UL, I'm contractually obligated to do so.

As for Louisiana HS football, well, I used to follow it a lot more, but when you teach at a Class C school, it's hard to get into. :P However, I'm pretty familiar as to how the folks in the Acadiana area will do from year to year, because, frankly, nothing ever changes. The Lafayette public schools will take turns being good, New Iberia will suck as usual, Notre Dame in Crowley will steamroll their way to the Superdome, then promptly lose, and Gueydan will lose 9-10 games this season.

I haven't followed how the districts will be changed with St. Thomas More going up to 5-A (They were a power in 4-A), but by the looks of their district, they may make the playoffs as a lower seed since they play in a district with Barbe, Sulphur, Comeaux, and Acadiana.

Yeah, that's all I got. ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Snap, you got to my post before I edited it. Was my first guess (Hahnville) correct?

I'd say LSU sucks because I hate LSU with the fury of 12,000 suns, and because I'm an alum of UL, I'm contractually obligated to do so.

As for Louisiana HS football, well, I used to follow it a lot more, but when you teach at a Class C school, it's hard to get into. :P However, I'm pretty familiar as to how the folks in the Acadiana area will do from year to year, because, frankly, nothing ever changes. The Lafayette public schools will take turns being good, New Iberia will suck as usual, Notre Dame in Crowley will steamroll their way to the Superdome, then promptly lose, and Gueydan will lose 9-10 games this season.

I haven't followed how the districts will be changed with St. Thomas More going up to 5-A (They were a power in 4-A), but by the looks of their district, they may make the playoffs as a lower seed since they play in a district with Barbe, Sulphur, Comeaux, and Acadiana.

Yeah, that's all I got. ;)

Hahnville was correct. Thibodaux uses the yellow gold whereas Hahnville uses the Vegas or Old Gold.

gYH2mW9.png

OK, here are the first images I have done. I settled on a font and created a basic "H" lettermark for use on headgear and uniforms. Currently, the football team uses a "Motion H" based on Wisconsin's "W" as seen below:

ParishFootballAwards-Rousse.jpg

Which was slightly modified this season with a slashing tiger paw:

6h452mf.jpg

Anyway, my "update" is based on the current "H"

SmallH.png

There are several variations of the purple and gold H's.

Please, any feedback, c/c would be appreciated. I know that it's very basic, but I think it works well.

gYH2mW9.png

so the whole thread of a tiger logo is gone, and your going with a plain H instead?

No, not at all. This was just the first thing I worked on. I DEFINITELY will have a tiger logo to use too in conjunction with some sort of "H".

And personally, I don't mind static logos sometime. To me, logos don't always have to look like they're moving to work....just more of the recently created ones do that.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived