ebay soccer jersey SCORE!

spyboy1

Yes, one of the worst football shirts of all time has finally found it's way to my collection. I've wanted one of these abominations for years and years now and recently got this one off of ebay.

It had a starting bid of $4.99 and a buy it now of $12.50. $12.50!

I'll give you $12.50 just for holding onto to it for the last 15 years instead of trying to lowball you and get it for $9 and risk losing it.

Now, without any further ado, I give you the 1991-93 Arsenal away strip!

Arsenalkit.png

AresnalAway1991.jpgarsenal-1.jpg

I mean just LOOK at that thing! It really captures the times of dye sublimation gone berserk in the early 90's. It's a regular inhabitant of the "Worst Jerseys of All Time" lists adn a classic reminder of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

Why on Earth did the sponsors ever go along with these things when the patterns were so busy you couldn't see their logos?

Man, am I happy! :woot:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

That is undoubtedly one of the most awesome monstrocities in history. Let this is a joyous day for you. May there be more hideously ugly jerseys in your future.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

oh christ, I think my eyes are going two different directions after seeing that thing. too bad it had to be an Arsenal shirt, eh?

I still want one of the '01-02 home jerseys, if only because that was the first season I watched the EPL and adopted the Gunners.

harperdc.gif

Mother of pearl, I own the sublimation spectacles of the 1995 WLAF and the 1996-7 Baltimore Bandits, and even I wouldn't touch that thing. Guys gotta have his limits. Congratulations, though, on owning something you'll be able to post and say "Thread over!" any time the "ugliest jersey of all time" discussion pops up around here.

Now, if you can get your hands on a 1980 Tucson Toros...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Mother of pearl, I own the sublimation spectacles of the 1995 WLAF and the 1996-7 Baltimore Bandits, and even I wouldn't touch that thing. Guys gotta have his limits. Congratulations, though, on owning something you'll be able to post and say "Thread over!" any time the "ugliest jersey of all time" discussion pops up around here.

May I see a pic please?

857% Awesome. I'm rather jealous, honest. ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

So, are you gonna wear that, or just have it in your possession?

Oh hell yea, I'm going to wear it! I was thrilled to find out it's tagged as an XXL, meaning it's probably more like an XL, which means it will fit with no problems.

I was in England just before and just after they wore that style. A couple years later here in Minneapolis I saw someone wearing it at a concert and complimented them on it and they told me they got it at a thrift shop in town no less for 50¢! Fifty freakin' cents! And without having to buy a plane ticket to the UK as well. I've been on the prowl for one since, which has to be over 10 years.

I'm still jealous of Anders Limpar and his long sleeved version. Lucky bastard. That just means there's more of that pattern for others to have to look at!

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Awesome. I've kept an eye out for the Norwich shirt of the same era, which also ends up on those "worst ever" lists. Of course, I'm looking for something to fit me, so I'll probably never get it. :P

_39154167_eadie_norwich200.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Awesome. I've kept an eye out for the Norwich shirt of the same era, which also ends up on those "worst ever" lists. Of course, I'm looking for something to fit me, so I'll probably never get it. :P

_39154167_eadie_norwich200.jpg

Ha ha! I keep seeing that one referred to as the "bird poo" jersey. :D

If I finally got mine, here's hoping yours is just around the corner, sized appropriately of course...

HansonsSig.jpg

May I see a pic please?

80tcmatorosjjohnson.jpg

Butt. Ugly.

That being said, I'd love to see some ugly 1996 L.A. Galaxy throwbacks at Beckham games (just to taunt his ass).

Archived