The Las Vegas Cagefighters

scar988

I like this, decides the fact that there may be more shades of gray than the Dallas Cowboys haha.

huh? it's just a silver, a white, a red and a black... the grey is just shading for shadow effect.

Hmmm ... OK ... this is definitely a unique idea, and there are a few things I like and a few things I don't.

? The nameplate font is bugging me. It looks alright the way you have it now ("Player X"), but in practice, I don't think it would look as good. It's too scripty, and wouldn't look nearly as good in all caps, which almost all sports teams use. I would just switch it to a standard block font. You could get away with using the font in the wordmark and even for the "LV" monogram (although I think that might look better with the "Cagefighters" font), but change it for the nameplate

? In the primary logo, I can see why the mohawk would red, and why the gloves red, and to a certain extent why the eyes would be red. But I can't see the logic behind colouring the ear red.

? Still with the primary logo, it's really throwing me off that the fighter has eyes but no nose, mouth, or other facial features. As well, a black outline around the whole thing would really help the grey stand out on a white background.

? I really like the barbed wire tattoos on the fighter's arms, and the way you've brought those over the uniforms and even the field. Very clever.

? The away pants, if you're meaning for them to be black, then really make them black, like the helmet. I think that may be where the "shades of grey" comment came from.

I'm not feeling the identity. You have a logo that isn't on the jersey. The helmet LV is generic and defines nothing about the identity. I don't get the barbed wire on the fighter's arms. The coloring of the fighters head makes me think this is Mexican wrestling.

My suggestion for a logo (at least for the helmet) would be a boxing glove wrapped in barbed wire. Use barbed wire as a stripe down the sides of the pants, or, use an interlinked fence pattern across the entire pants. Change the font to something more grunge-like. As for the sleeves, reduce the size of the barbed wire and tighten up the pattern. It looks too loose to effectively convey toughness.

i like the updated wordmark but the dark gray nose and ears on primary make him look like a fighting mr. potato head.

also, on the pants instead of having a gray stripe flocked by barbed wire on each side, consider having just one stripe of barbed wire.

interesting concept overall.

What about the helmet suggestion?
the glove in barbed wire? not a bad idea... but not something I can produce in an hour either... so I'm kinda looking for a couple good hands to guide off of

Archived