Newcastle lycans fantasy concept

nitroseed

Well.. I went through a deliberation about what team I wanted to use for my MLF proposal. I started out using the Colorado Goldrush concept I did a long time ago, then decided to change after noticing the San Jose Gold Miners already existed. So, I went with a recolorized and relocated British Columbia Griffins concept that I also did previously... But, I finally decided I wanted a reason to do a new logo. So, I came up with my newest logo for the Newcastle Lycans.

Lycans, in case you don't know, is another name for werewolves... or at least creatures similar to them. Ever hear of lycanthropy? Anyways, this is my logo for it. There's no wordmark or uniforms yet, just a logo. Hopefully, those will be forthcoming. Hope you enjoy! As always, feedback is welcome.

lycans.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well ther is really a team called the Werewolves of London--so why not--I like how the logo looks shaded like it's night--hopefully that also will work on the helmets.

The main thing I like is that the logo isn't too bland, nor is it gory for the sake of being gory.  Well done balance.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Chalk up another beauty for Nitro!!!! Now, if you could just make a concept for Vampires (maybe even call it the Death Dealers :P ) and you could start one of the leagues hottest new rivalries....call it the Underworld Cup!!!! Anyway, I love it, as I do everything you have priviledged us with.

~UJ

SOOOO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD NEED TO COLABERATE THEIR MONITORS its not black its dark blue, if you cant tell the difference colaberate your monitor or download COLOReal. nice work nitro, i just watched underworld last night and that was a kick ass movie, this is a kick ass logo

SOOOO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD NEED TO COLABERATE THEIR MONITORS its not black its dark blue, if you cant tell the difference colaberate your monitor or download COLOReal. nice work nitro, i just watched underworld last night and that was a kick ass movie, this is a kick ass logo

Like I said--I like the dark look.

And the night sky is also a dark blue usually--but we can't adjust our eyes that way--some people will always see dark blue as black no matter what.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

You know how a lot of times I'll have a little advice or something?  And then I stretch it into 8 paragraphs?

not this time.

GOI-GEOUS.......simply GOI-gous.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Whoa, somebody needs their ritalin.  Relax. You've got 63 posts under your belt, you don't get to act like this until you hit 200, kapice?

This is nice, nice work, Nitro.  Kudos.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

if you're gonna freak about it, at least spell it correctly :P

CALIBRATE

i ain't collaborating with anybody.

Lycans, in case you don't know, is another name for werewolves... or at least creatures similar to them. Ever hear of lycanthropy? Anyways, this is my logo for it. There's no wordmark or uniforms yet, just a logo. Hopefully, those will be forthcoming. Hope you enjoy! As always, feedback is welcome.

lycans.gif

sweet, you've even got one of the signs of lycanthropy on that wolf....a unibrow (which i also posess)!

as per usual, you're work is heads and tails above the rest!

Ver nice work, Nitro!

What pantones did you use?

I think maybe I need to collab..uh, calidra...uh, cabulate...uh, adjust my monitor too....

PANTONE 296 - Deep midnight blue

PANTONE 431 - Gunmetal

...and of course, Process White. :)

It is, actually, a very deep grayish-blue. I wanted it dark enough to achieve the night time effect, but I didn't want to use black. I'm trying to eliminate it from all my designs if at all possible.

Thanks for all the great compliments, guys. Glad you enjoy my work!

Archived