NFL 07 Sideline Hats

fkaKrock5cent

What's wrong with a simple one-colour hat with the team logo? Is that so hard?

Answer:

When the manufacturer is in control and wants an entirely new product to sell each and every year, Yes.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Answer:

When the manufacturer is in control and wants an entirely new product to sell each and every year, Yes.

That might work for around five years, as the manufacturer may have around five decent design ideas. Then you reach a point where you've gone through every decent idea you had, and you start turning out what we see above.

Not even that, what about the old Sports Specialties caps, one-color with the team name in script? Completely sufficient.

However, these athletic apparel companies want you to shell out bucks for a new cap at every redesign. Open those wallets.

It's not that they come up with a new hat every year, it's that for the last few years, they introduce a new design to be used during the 2nd half of the season. I'm with Icecap and Leeds on this one, there's no reason a simple logo or a simple script shouldn't be enough. I was good with the ones that had the pant stripes on the bill, but these things look like some kind of fashion cap, not something to be worn by players and staff.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Answer:

That might work for around five years, as the manufacturer may have around five decent design ideas. Then you reach a point where you've gone through every decent idea you had, and you start turning out what we see above.

That wouldn't have to happen if people didn't buy those butt-ugly hats. Seriously, who spends money on those? I really liked the old Nike NFL fitted hats from the late 90s. Primary color, appropriate sized logo--that's it. I wish those would have stayed forever. From what I see from Reebok, they must think the average NFL consumer is about the same as the average NASCAR consumer.

Answer:

That wouldn't have to happen if people didn't buy those butt-ugly hats. Seriously, who spends money on those? I really liked the old Nike NFL fitted hats from the late 90s. Primary color, appropriate sized logo--that's it. I wish those would have stayed forever. From what I see from Reebok, they must think the average NFL consumer is about the same as the average NASCAR consumer.

Walk around at any NFL game and you'll see plenty of people wearing these hats. That's why Reebok keeps pumping them out. There are enough NFL fans that double as NASCAR fans, so I'm sure those folks like that style of hats because they look like something out of NASCAR. Plus, there are enough people out there that buy anything worn on an NFL sideline, regardless of what it looks like. I keep waiting for Reebok/New Era, etc. to market piles of manure to be bought by the average sucker.

Personally, I think those caps are awful (just like the other years' oddly striped caps), and I would never wear one.

Could be worse. They could've gone with the hip-hop hat, where the bills are straight and there are a million logos placed every-which-way.

You're right, and there are tons of MLB examples for the one you just mentioned. I wouldn't wear one of those, either.

The 2007 Player Sideline hats are pretty ugly, but I will be one of those guys wearing one, just so I can have the new Seahawks hat....Okay, I will buy it, might stick with last years hat during football season.

Till then sporting the Mariners BP hat and the Sam Houston State hat.

~~the dmr~~

Walk around at any NFL game and you'll see plenty of people wearing these hats. That's why Reebok keeps pumping them out. There are enough NFL fans that double as NASCAR fans, so I'm sure those folks like that style of hats because they look like something out of NASCAR. Plus, there are enough people out there that buy anything worn on an NFL sideline, regardless of what it looks like. I keep waiting for Reebok/New Era, etc. to market piles of manure to be bought by the average sucker.

Personally, I think those caps are awful (just like the other years' oddly striped caps), and I would never wear one.

Personally, I'm a NFL fan and a NASCAR fan (though they place at #3 and #4 in my list of favourite sports) and I wouldn't be caught dead in those swooshy nightmares.

Luckily they (usually) make a "coaches" version that IS just a plain colour with the team logo on the front that you can buy and still have an "official" hat. At least they have always in the past. I have about 3 Bills hats that look essentially the same, all official, and all from different years. (with minor differences, like one being cotton or wool, fitted or stretch-fit, all blue or blue with red button and vent hole stitching, etc.)

And, incidentally, if you are so inclined, they make NASCAR hats that are a simple one colour with the driver number on the front, and sometimes the sponsor name on the back, so you can be a classy looking fan of a sometimes garish sport.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Personally, I'm a NFL fan and a NASCAR fan (though they place at #3 and #4 in my list of favourite sports) and I wouldn't be caught dead in those swooshy nightmares.

Luckily they (usually) make a "coaches" version that IS just a plain colour with the team logo on the front that you can buy and still have an "official" hat. At least they have always in the past. I have about 3 Bills hats that look essentially the same, all official, and all from different years. (with minor differences, like one being cotton or wool, fitted or stretch-fit, all blue or blue with red button and vent hole stitching, etc.)

And, incidentally, if you are so inclined, they make NASCAR hats that are a simple one colour with the driver number on the front, and sometimes the sponsor name on the back, so you can be a classy looking fan of a sometimes garish sport.

I CAN'T WAIT for the matching Zubaz pants.

I CAN'T WAIT for the matching Zubaz pants.

...and matching Starter jacket.

Archived