New padres look- this is disgusting!

cward

What's up with the Padres new look?  Yes, their logo was in need of some polishing, but why this?  It appears as if they would rather be called the San Diego Wavepools.  And those sand colored road unis!  Blah!  Anyone else feel this way, or have any insight as to the new look?

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Yeah that was my thoughts exactly when I saw the logo, the must think that Preist go surfing or something. Its a dumb logo they should have brought back teh swinging friar.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I wouldn't be surprised if the Friar does surf. I mean, he can do everything else! :cool:

yeah, i mean he's played Hockey........swung a TURKEY LEG....the man does everything. I want to see him SURF!

and he looked pretty damn good trick or treating too...  :D

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I for one like the logo, and I bet it sells well. I also really like the sand colored uniforms. It's unique without being distracting. The only thing that I don't dig about their new uniforms is the lettering on the aways. I would have loved to see "San Diego" in a script similar to their home jerseys.

Think the new SD 3rd/BP jerseys have the friar (swinging, not surfing, btw). Surfing Friar would be like the A's elephant in shades on their alts - he could be surfing into home plate.

perhaps they should have used smilies to denote the sarcasm.

As a San Diegan and a Padre fan I'm completely unmoved in any direction by the new look.  I think they were in dire need of some sort of improvement since their identity, albeit a rather miniscule one just slowly dwindled away with the removal of the orange and then the pinstripes.  This new look is better than what they had because at least it's a look and not just random navy blue and white nothingness.  Although it's better, I don't necessarily see the relevance between the team name and the scheme.  The PADRES should have a more old spanish look as opposed to a sandy surf look y'know?  They had it right  in the beginning when they were brown.  The Padres being navy, blue and sand makes about as much sense as the Mariners being brown, orange and burgandy.  What do you think?

go back to brown??? let's just go back to black and white TV while we are at it!!  :D

But seriously, I like the Pads new look!!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Count me in as one who like the new SD look.

The move from brown to navy was silly, and going with what was basically a navy/white scheme was just too vanilla.

I like the two-tone blues, and I really like the addition of brown without being brown.  The tan is a distinctive addition, especially in place of the standard road grays.

Disgusting? No, these aren't disgusting.  The Atlanta Thrasher thirds? Those are disgusting.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

yeah i know, but still they are old school, and none of the new school, old school logos look good

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived