Mets vs Natonals in the Rain

NJTank

Here is my pics from today's Mets Nats game in the rain.

http://flickr.com/photos/njtank/sets/72157601088767554/

Comments?

Check out the Citi Field pics lots of progress

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm interested in knowing why this game was a final after 5 innings...while the June 28th Orioles/Yankees game was suspended in the 8th inning and was resumed a month later.

That doesn't make ANY sense to me. Typical MLB with their New York bias. Total crap.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Nice photos. I never remember to bring my camera to the M's games, and I wish I did.

I also wished I went to the 14-10 barnburner today. Too bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm interested in knowing why this game was a final after 5 innings...while the June 28th Orioles/Yankees game was suspended in the 8th inning and was resumed a month later.

That doesn't make ANY sense to me. Typical MLB with their New York bias. Total crap.

Home Team was leading

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Home Team was leading

Yes, but the home team was leading after 7 innings on the 28th...

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Actually that was the umpires doing, it up to the umps when a game is halted, and the Yankees rallied and took the lead before the game was stopped for good.

Had the Orioles gotten the Yanks out in the 8th or the game was halted before the Yankees scored the Orioles would have won.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

The Orioles/Yankees game was called after the Yankees had tied or taken the lead in the top of the eighth inning and before the Orioles had a chance to tie or take the lead in that inning.

This rule has been in effect since 1979. Prior to then, the game would revert to the last completed inning, which in the O's/Yankees game, would result in a 6-4 Orioles victory.

LvZYtbZ.png

So you're one of those guys like me who get to Shea really early to take lots of Citifield construction photos from every and all vantage points, eh?

Don't you have get there really early just to get a parking spot? Might as well take pictures while you are there.

So you're one of those guys like me who get to Shea really early to take lots of Citifield construction photos from every and all vantage points, eh?

Don't you have get there really early just to get a parking spot? Might as well take pictures while you are there.

Yes and no. For the stadium lots, yes. You can still find satellite parking even after the first pitch though...not that it's preferable.

But yes, when I drive, I get there about 2.5 hrs before first pitch. When I take the train, I get there about 75-90 minutes early.

Here's just five of the shots I took the last time I was @ Shea (7/14 vs. Cincy):

8.jpg

14.jpg

26.jpg

1.jpg

24.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

its funny, Nationals Park looks alot more done but doesnt have a name yet. i guess the Lerners are just waiting for the right naming rights offer, honestly i'd like them to name it after someone prominent in District Baseball.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Nice pics Tank.

I went to the Reds/Cubs game on Friday, there was an hour(maybe a little more) rain delay and it rained the entire game. I thought they would call it but they never did. It was raining almost the entire game, I was hoping it would wash the Cubs fans away(about half the stadium). I had a poncho but I didn't stay dry because I ripped it almost in half when I tried to put it back on.

its funny, Nationals Park looks alot more done but doesnt have a name yet. i guess the Lerners are just waiting for the right naming rights offer, honestly i'd like them to name it after someone prominent in District Baseball.

Bush Stadium? :D

The Orioles/Yankees game was called after the Yankees had tied or taken the lead in the top of the eighth inning and before the Orioles had a chance to tie or take the lead in that inning.

Which was basically complete bull---- because it was absolutely pouring so much that you couldn't even see. Just sayin... <_<

teamsnew2.png

Anthony Williams Field. With a bowtie logo -- it's be terrific.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived