First Ever Jersey Concept

daynio

Does this work or no?

minnistatelogo3.png

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

No because you took a guy's nice concept and made a messy load of all the stuff he made.

Ok man I did that in like 5 minutes using paint...can you not tell??? If you have seen any of my concepts before you KNOW I would do a better job then this. I was wondering about the IDEA not the logo!

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

Josh: I didn't read the comment to be critiquing the "execution", I'm pretty sure it was the concept itself, and while I may be a little bit more diplomatic (... years of managing people and serving "feedback sandwiches" in performance reviews will do that to you...) I would agree that you were throwing just a few too many elemnts in there...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if you keep the moon and the trees filled in you have it right on the nose. People who care will be able to notice the "MW" without that hole in the tree to make it obvious. Great work man!

Josh, I see where your headed with adding the circle, but I think it might be too much.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Yeah I kinda noticed that it would be really hard to see the MW if you looked at it from far away.

It was just a oh lets try this moment that didn't really work out lol.

As for all of your other logos. I really liked the one with the wholes not filled in and with the moon!!! To me that was the best one. But you just have soo many AMAZING logos here that its hard to pick. Any of them would suit the team perfectly!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Wow...I think this is what the concepts board is all about. Feedback and evolution of design. I must say I like the moon and star, but it is kinda silly not to have them reflected in the water. Because you have the trees, and it is the light of the moon that is making the trees show in the water, and a full moon is certainly brighter than 2 trees, but putting them in the water reflection is wayyy to busy. So after all that...drop the moon. but you could leave the star. As for filling in the trees. It doesn't work. To much tinkering is bad. Leave it be...show it to your wife, girlfriend or mother. (not wife and girlfriend at the same time though :D ) While they will think what we do is silly...they often offer good objective advice.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I am not much more than a simple lurker on this board. I have to chirp in and say that the logo you created with the state shape and the trees is fantastic. I like the version with the moon and the "holes" in the trees." I never thought it looked awkward with them, I imagined the "holes" to be smaller trees more in foreground. I don't know about the wave lines on the lake, but they don't detract. Great work!

Love the shoulder patch logo, state outline WITH THE MOON!!!

Note to self: I just noticed that the trees in the Patch form the letter "M" - probably for Minnesota. All these years and it hit me like a Linebacker Blindside Blitz!!

PT_PN040_450.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

daynio, for someone that submitted their first-ever concept here, what an awesome job.

Given I'm a fan of the team, I would definitely buy one of the jerseys you made. The earliest concepts I like most,

but the newer ones are nice as well. Those patches are definitely innovative and different, especially the state outline one.

I agree that the Wild alternate jersey which will be their home jersey for at least next season has a nice logo as the crest,

but I don't want this to be permanently the primary logo. I don't know why, but that's basically how I feel.

I would love to see what the primary logo (the bear-looking one) looks like as the crest on your home and away concepts.

Also, I am wondering if you could make a black version of the actual Minnesota North Stars home jersey?

I always wished the team used it before they changed their logo and jerseys for the 1991-1992 season.

So this one is my personal favorite...do u guys think i should keep tinkering with it to make some more improvements or what?

minnistatelogo4.png

thanks for all the great advice so far guys

Well I agree with you in saying this is your best one. Now the next step IMO is like StPatty33. I am sure that everyone remembers when he did the avs concept and then got them embroidered. Now you also have to be willing to do what he did. Maybe talk to him and get some advice. The reason I am saying this is because this logo HAS to be on a jersey for the wild!!! It's too nice not to be!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Dude...you have set the bar very very high for your self. I am really looking forward to seeing more of your work. (bow)

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

If you guys want another selling point on why this logo is freekin' sweet and should be used, the star, intentional or not, spans across the state in a manner where it covers the hotbeds of minnesota high school hockey from Roseau and Warroad on the left point, the star being directly over the Iron Range cities like Eveleth and Grand Rapids, and finishing over the Duluth area. Some of the best have come from these cities and since the wild love heritage this would be perfect.

newsig.png

Sig By Viper

Dude, you did it!

That logo/jersey set is amazing!

If you actually went ahead and embroidered that I'd friggin buy one!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived