Practice jerseys that look better than a team's game jerseys

Jezus_Ghoti

I admit that I am a minimalist when it comes to sports uniforms, but I really like the look of what the Titans are wearing for their training camp. I actually wish that they wore these uniforms for their games (with shoulder numbers added, of course). If they kept the light blue pants and match them up with the white jerseys, I would be in heaven.

11_947909.jpg07_29086.jpg09_914133.jpg10_733803.jpg

Does anyone else have examples of teams that look better in their practice jerseys than what they actually wear for the games they play?

i almost posted this myself, as soon as i saw them. those are new practice jerseys... they broke them out for the first time on the second day of camp, i think.

gorgeous.

i saw it, and immediately the idea of oiler-blue primaries popped back into my head... nothing would make me happier.

i almost posted this myself, as soon as i saw them. those are new practice jerseys... they broke them out for the first time on the second day of camp, i think.

gorgeous.

i saw it, and immediately the idea of oiler-blue primaries popped back into my head... nothing would make me happier.

nothing would make me sicker, but this is just a bitter former Oilers fan's opinion.

I actually posted something about this same subject in a thread about the Chargers jerseys awhile ago. I also think some teams actually look better in practice style, making me wish their full sets looked more simplified.

some examples:

giants.jpg

redskins.jpg

This makes me really like the idea of the Chiefs with black pants:

chiefs.jpg

This just feels like a breath of fresh air:

bills.jpg

bengals.jpg

a 1000x better that what they got now.

I could never get over how many different stripes the Bills have working in the center of their helmet...I think they need to stop with the train wreck of colors on their uniforms...particularly the away jerseys.

I actually posted something about this same subject in a thread about the Chargers jerseys awhile ago. I also think some teams actually look better in practice style, making me wish their full sets looked more simplified.

This makes me really like the idea of the Chiefs with black pants:

chiefs.jpg

Good god, is that a Raiders logo on those shorts!?

More on topic, I wished the Chiefs would pull out their QB practice jersey (yellow with red numbers) as an alt.

Um, no, that's the NFL Equipment logo.

I knew the majority of people here would love it if every team everywhere had jerseys that were as plain as possible. And now I've got proof.

As for the original posting, I think I like the contrasting shoulder the light blue, and I still think the light blue jerseys go best with the dark blue pants.

some examples:

giants.jpg

What is so different about this jersey from their regular jersey other than it does not have ny under the neck?

Um, no, that's the NFL Equipment logo.

I knew the majority of people here would love it if every team everywhere had jerseys that were as plain as possible. And now I've got proof.

As for the original posting, I think I like the contrasting shoulder the light blue, and I still think the light blue jerseys go best with the dark blue pants.

I guess I'm just a middle of the road kind of guy. I hate uniforms that have way too much going on (i.e. bengals, falcons, vikings), but I also hate uniforms that are just too plain (i.e. penn state, alabama).

My favorite uniforms have some nice colors, reasonable striping, and a logo. I'm thinking of teams like the Patriots, Cowboys, Steelers, & Chargers.

Nothing too crazy, but not as simple as many of the practice jerseys referred to above. Just one mans opinion.......

Meh. Showing my "new generation" mindset I beg to differ. Maybe keep the "Titans Blue" alt basic, because when matched up with the white pants it looks great, I cannot deny. (Subtle tribute to the Oilers of TN and Hourston, without going too far, but without the navy shoulders.) However, I for one am a big backer of the off-colored shoulders overall. I'm definately not a minimalist.

As far as the others? Well, I'm a big fan of the 75th anniversary throwbacks of the 'Skins, but otherwise their set is fine. The Giants? I barely see a difference. Cowboys look okay in their practice gear, I suppose. And if only the Bengals would fix those white side panels (and maybe tweak the stripes), I'd love their jerseys. Tiger stripes for a Bengals team? Cool when done correctly. Just blank instead? Nah.

I will admit those jerseys look clean and refreshing, but seeing them day in and day out would be a little too bland for my tastes, personally.

And on the Bills? No opinion, honestly.

I agree. I don't like when uniforms go overboard like the Bills - but I need to see something more than these plain practice jerseys. Some tasteful detailing, number outlines and striping. I will say that I like those Cowboy practice jerseys. Must be the navy numbers that actually match the navy blue star on the helmets.

Archived