Coyotes/Jets fans not gonna be pleased

BroadSt_Bully

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc...ate=dk6d5a.2.10

I thought the Coyotes franchise already held this trademark?

AFAIK they were the first to do it... but I don't think they were big enough dicks to trademark something fans wear to a game

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc...ate=dk6d5a.2.10

I thought the Coyotes franchise already held this trademark?

AFAIK they were the first to do it... but I don't think they were big enough dicks to trademark something fans wear to a game

Can they? Who says I can't wear white to a game?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't they filing for "Penn State White Out"? Why would that matter to anyone who wasn't in Pennsylvania?

It wouldn't...but then you couldn't sell PSU White Out shirts and whatnot in good 'ol Downtown State College without the school getting some green...which is the point. Like you said, outside PA, who would care?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't they filing for "Penn State White Out"? Why would that matter to anyone who wasn't in Pennsylvania?

It wouldn't...but then you couldn't sell PSU White Out shirts and whatnot in good 'ol Downtown State College without the school getting some green...which is the point. Like you said, outside PA, who would care?

No. That would infringe. You can't even sell shirts in the school's colors that have no trademarks or wordmarks. If I were to set up shop in Iowa City selling yellow & black "ANN ARBOR IS A WHORE" and "BEAT STATE" shirts, I'd be slapped with an injunction and lawsuit so fast, it would be comical. You can't even imply a relationship to the school.

No. That would infringe. You can't even sell shirts in the school's colors that have no trademarks or wordmarks. If I were to set up shop in Iowa City selling yellow & black "ANN ARBOR IS A WHORE" and "BEAT STATE" shirts, I'd be slapped with an injunction and lawsuit so fast, it would be comical. You can't even imply a relationship to the school.

Right....so unless I'm not reading it correctly, how is what I said different from what you said? I can't sell anything PSU-related--logos, slogans, or even items w/ navy and white that relates to something having to do w/ PSU even without the words "Lions" or "Penn State" or whatever, unless I'm licensed to by the school--which is worth $$$ to them...

Archived