What if Bonds only ties Aaron?

Sir Donald

I was thinking. Now that Bonds is within sight of the record (which I don't doubt he will break) how odd would it be if he only managed to tie Hank Aaron?

If the season ended with him tied, I'm sure even if he was retiring he'd postpone it to break the record, but just say he didn't, and just ended up on 755...

Also makes me wonder if there are any other major records in pro-sports that are tied?

I was thinking. Now that Bonds is within sight of the record (which I don't doubt he will break) how odd would it be if he only managed to tie Hank Aaron?

If the season ended with him tied, I'm sure even if he was retiring he'd postpone it to break the record, but just say he didn't, and just ended up on 755...

Also makes me wonder if there are any other major records in pro-sports that are tied?

Scenario A:

Bonds homers for No. 755. The next half inning, he breaks his leg on a fluky play while trying to make a catch.

The leg injury puts him out the rest of the year and it takes too long to recover from to get adequately ready for the beginning of the next season.

He tries to come back. It's too soon. Snap! It breaks again. More rehab.

Now it's 2009. He's 44 or 45. Does he try to play enough games to get to 756?

Hmmmm.

Scenario B:

The first two paragraphs of the above scenario. Add in a rain storm before the legal number of innings are played. No make up can be scheduled. Bonds' total reverts back to 754.

Interesting, eh? Not one bit likely, but what if? <_<

Scenario A:

Bonds homers for No. 755. The next half inning, he breaks his leg on a fluky play while trying to make a catch.

The leg injury puts him out the rest of the year and it takes too long to recover from to get adequately ready for the beginning of the next season.

He tries to come back. It's too soon. Snap! It breaks again. More rehab.

Now it's 2009. He's 44 or 45. Does he try to play enough games to get to 756?

Hmmmm.

Scenario B:

The first two paragraphs of the above scenario. Add in a rain storm before the legal number of innings are played. No make up can be scheduled. Bonds' total reverts back to 754.

^_^ That was funny.

But if something were to happen this year and he only ties Aaron Im sure he'll come back and keep coming until he hits 1 hr.

Hmmmm.

Scenario B:

If Bonds' total reverted back to 754, he'd definitely come back to get those last two homers. Even if it were several years after the fact. Only, it's gonna take some time for him to get his swing back. By that time, the Giants would be playing some good baseball, and the once surly Bonds would be loosening up, discovering the joy he never found in baseball before. Ultimately, at the climax of the story arc, he'd lay down the bunt that wins the last, meaningless game of the season for SF, effectively choosing the team over himself.

If Bonds' total reverted back to 754, he'd definitely come back to get those last two homers. Even if it were several years after the fact. Only, it's gonna take some time for him to get his swing back. By that time, the Giants would be playing some good baseball, and the once surly Bonds would be loosening up, discovering the joy he never found in baseball before. Ultimately, at the climax of the story arc, he'd lay down the bunt that wins the last, meaningless game of the season for SF, effectively choosing the team over himself.

Someone should get Bernie Mac on the line. This role would be perfect for.....oh, wait.

Never mind.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Hmmmm.

Scenario B:

If Bonds' total reverted back to 754, he'd definitely come back to get those last two homers. Even if it were several years after the fact. Only, it's gonna take some time for him to get his swing back. By that time, the Giants would be playing some good baseball, and the once surly Bonds would be loosening up, discovering the joy he never found in baseball before.Ultimately, at the climax of the story arc, he'd lay down the bunt that wins the last, meaningless game of the season for SF, effectively choosing the team over himself.

If that happened, Im winning the lottery.

Hmmmm.

Scenario B:

If Bonds' total reverted back to 754, he'd definitely come back to get those last two homers. Even if it were several years after the fact. Only, it's gonna take some time for him to get his swing back. By that time, the Giants would be playing some good baseball, and the once surly Bonds would be loosening up, discovering the joy he never found in baseball before.Ultimately, at the climax of the story arc, he'd lay down the bunt that wins the last, meaningless game of the season for SF, effectively choosing the team over himself.

If that happens, Im winning the lottery.

Archived