Bring out your first concept

tj4eck

My first concept was of Millersville University in Lancaster.

Millersvilleuni-1.jpg

MillersvilleRoad-1.jpg

MillersvilleBlack-1.jpg

Millersvilleyellow-1.jpg

Never thought I'd ever see a Ville concept. I went there my freshman year...glad I transferred to West Chester. It's not a bad school or anything, but I just needed to go somewhere not 10 minutes from my house.

Camden, if you have any questions about Millersville, feel free to PM me. I'd be glad to help.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first concept was of Millersville University in Lancaster.

Nah, it's in Millersville. I took a visit there last week because I'm applying there, and they said Lancaster was 3 miles away ;)

Yea, you're right. I just always associated the Ville with Lancaster.

Never thought I'd ever see a Ville concept. I went there my freshman year...glad I transferred to West Chester. It's not a bad school or anything, but I just needed to go somewhere not 10 minutes from my house.

Camden, if you have any questions about Millersville, feel free to PM me. I'd be glad to help.

I actually did this concept because my brother was on the baseball team at that point.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Here is my first logo concept made on the computer. I am not sure which uniform concept was my first, but I used to make them all the time on paper. Back then, I didn't know there were so many people who made up uniforms. Actually, before sports uniforms, when I was 6 or 7 I used to make up uniforms for power rangers. This was made the first time I used illustrator, and it was a free trial. I had no idea how to use vector software, and was just figuring out the pen tool.

lionslogo2.gif

MegatronSig2.jpg

...and I will never forget...my first time

This is from 2001...yes, after all these years I STILL have this thing!

sensred.jpg

yeah...my first wasn't any of the TATCs, believe it or not (I still have some of them, but the disc I have em on is essentially useless on my comp...I kinda feel sorry for the many of yall who came here well after I stopped doing those regularly), it was this thing.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

My first logo concepts were all either baseball or hockey leagues that i created...then my brother and i played against each other as the teams in the driveway or yard, I was probly 7 when I first started, my parents thought I was crazy but liked the creativity. I can remember some of the teams, colors, and logos but not all. Wisconsin Wolves-red and black, Michigan Lakers-blue and yellow(anchor logo), Minnesota Magic-purple and black (M with menacing eyes), New York Knights-red,silver and black, Ohio Eagles-black,brown and silver, San Francisco Surf blue and gold (wave coming out of an S), Texas Toros-red and blue, Chicago Crusaders-blue and black, Maine Bears-blue, black, and silver, St. Louis Stealth-turquoise and black.

After those first 2 leagues I just couldnt stop, and then finally when I was around 11 or 12 I realized the computer would be great for this and started making jerseys with slightly change logos from pro teams, college teams, amateur teams(sometimes only recolored). Thats when I found this sight and was blown away by the stuff being made...man I wish I could find those old paper drawn leagues, or even if my old computer still worked to retrieve some of my first files. GREAT THREAD :D

brewerssig.jpg

wizardslogo.jpg

This was my first crack at posting something here when I joined back in the winter of '05. I've always disliked that hideous wizard logo that the Washington Wizards use. This was my attempt to supplant it. I had a wordmark that used this as the "I", and a lightning bolt from a magic wand forming the "Z", but it's lost to the ages.

mavsredesign.jpg

This was my first uniform concept submitted to a CCSLC competition. I think it was one of the first or second MSPaint contests. It made the quarterfinals or semifinals. I don't remember which, I jsut know I didn't get a cool medal to put in my sig, so it wasn't a medalist. Still, I like it, pixellated though it may be. In theory, the stars on the hips line up; you'll just have to trust me on that. :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

My FIRST concept was done with colored pencils when I was 8. It was a Dodgers uniform, light blue (as was the style back then). The front and back each had an enormous baseball dead center; the player's number was the the center of the baseball. The front had "Los Angeles" inside the baseball, above the seam, and "Dodgers" inside the baseball, below the seam. The back had all the following included inside the baseball: The player's first name, last name, and position. Their stats may have been somewhere on there as well, I can't remember. Hideous, just hideous. I used to attribute this to my being 8 at the time, but then I saw that guy's seven-year-old post his concepts on here and decided I was just really bad at design.

My first one on here was much better, though by no means great:

Logos (Primary, Secondary):

primary.gifsecondary.gif

Jerseys:

home.gifroad.gifalternate.gif

wizardslogo.jpg

This was my first crack at posting something here when I joined back in the winter of '05. I've always disliked that hideous wizard logo that the Washington Wizards use. This was my attempt to supplant it. I had a wordmark that used this as the "I", and a lightning bolt from a magic wand forming the "Z", but it's lost to the ages.

that would make a really cool jack in the box antenna ornament.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Back in 2005, I entered this for a Fort Worth Admirals fantasy football team. The reasoning was behind the fact that Fort Worth has a huge naval reserve base near Lake Worth, and because I liked the name. I never came up with a logo, but I didn't need to because I changed the name for the next year.

admirals.jpg

This is my first Olympiad logo. I don't have illustrator, so it makes it hard for me to come up with a clean logo. Nonetheless, I entered this.

event3_PerfectZero.jpg

...and I will never forget...my first time

This is from 2001...yes, after all these years I STILL have this thing!

sensred.jpg

It looks European. It's cool actually.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived