NY Giants season tickets

nybatt

just got my hands on my season tickets for the upcoming football giant season. INCREDIBLE, for us uni-lovers at least!!

unfortunately I don't have scanning capabilities, but here is the description...

each of the 10 tickets feature the giants uniform of the decade/year. they are perfect representations of the unis for each period!! the ticket features the opposing team name on the top in solid blue block lettering (nothing special). below that is the year/decade featured, followed by the helmet of the period, then the jersey, pant, and SOCK of the uniform!! finally three players that starred in the era are listed. here they are game-by-game.

Ex. A: 1933- blue helmet with red stripings, red jersey with blue shoulders, blue stripe in the middle, white number. khaki pants, red-white-blue-white-red striped socks. "burnett, mcbride, moran"

Ex. B: 1934- white helmet with blue front/back, blue jersey with white shoulder yoke, khaki pants, blue-white-red-white-blue sock. "badgro, hein, strong"

Game 1: 1940- blue helmet with "michigan"-style shield in red, solid red jersey-white numbers, grey pant no stripe, red and white sock. "cuff, howell, leemans"

Game 2: 1954- blue helmet with red stripe and white uni numerals front and back, grey mask, blue home jersey white numbers, white road jersey with red numbers and northwest striping on the sleeves. sleeve numerals. grey pants with thin red-blue-red stripting, blue sock at home red on the road. "conerly, gifford, huff"

Game 3: 1961- blue helmet "ny" logo, red stripe, uni numbers front and back, grey mask, same jerseys as '54, grey pants with thick, fused red-blue-red striping. "robustelli, tittle, webster"

Game 4: 1975- blue helmet uppercase "NY" logo, white-red-white striping, white mask, blue home jersey white numbers outlined in red, red-whie-blue-white-red sleeve striping, white road jersey, blue numerals outlined in red, opposite sleeve striping from home, blue pants on the road thin red stripe, wide white, thin red, white pants at home with thin red, thick blue, thin red striping, socks blue with 5-striped red, white, blue. "johnson, tucker, van pelt"

Game 5: 1979- "GIANTS" on helmet, no more blue pants, everything else the same as 1975. "benson, gray, kelley"

Game 6: 1980-1999- "GIANTS" with sigle red stripe on helmet, white pants with thin, fused RWB stripes, solid blue socks. "carson, simms, taylor"

Game 7: 2000: updated throwback unis. "barber, collins, strahan"

Game 8: 2005-present: current uni, minus the red alternate. "burress, manning, pierce"

whew!! as you can tell, I'm a little excited!!

First of all, I am insanely jealous that you have Giants season tickets.

That said, the Giants usually have a great design on the tickets since I usually go to one game a year. In the past they usually had the team helmets although for some of the years they would have great players of the past. Last year, they had great teams of the past (1938 World Champions for the game I went to against the Buccs).

Okay here's what you do. Send the tickets to one of us who will scan them and then we will scan them and send them back. I'd do it for you. Oh you don't have to worry about me using them since I live in California. Actually, I would do it and send them back. I could care less about the Giants. *LOL*

in the mail oddball!!! laughing my butt off! great stuff. trust me dancincy I realize my good fortune of having season tix. they've been in my family since the beginning (1925). (actually season tickets weren't necessary until after WWII) my grandfather was an "original" fan and attended their first game. my dad (who still attends games) has been going since 1939.

I agree, the giants usually have great designs on their tickets. recently they have done a lot more with their history on the tix. I've noticed it more since they went to their classic unis in 2000. this year is the first year that went 100% uni-centric.

as a season ticket holder/uni-guy, I have my giant ticket stubs since 1981. I've got almost every one stuffed in a cup! these are the greatest without a doubt! they have come a long way.

in the mail oddball!!! laughing my butt off! great stuff. trust me dancincy I realize my good fortune of having season tix. they've been in my family since the beginning (1925). (actually season tickets weren't necessary until after WWII) my grandfather was an "original" fan and attended their first game. my dad (who still attends games) has been going since 1939.

That's outstanding. My grandfather was a Packers season ticket holder for decades, going back to their first games in Milwaukee (I think he might have been at the first one, at old Borchert Field, but I can't confirm it). Unfortunately, none of his daughters wanted the season tickets when he died, and so they went to his estranged brother. Where they stay today. :cursing:

To have that unbroken legacy in your hands every year... gods, how I envy you.

To have that unbroken legacy in your hands every year... gods, how I envy you.

the "legacy" is one of the cornerstones of my family. my dad (who is 71) wears his mel hein #7 jersey to games (he actually saw him play in the 40's!!) I drive the 3 hours from delaware to all the home games and don't think twice about ever missing!! (I also love showing off my sam huff 1956 throwback jersey!!)

anyway, I attended giants camp yesterday and picked up the 2007 team yearbook. they are featuring the helmet history of the team AND the uniform history of the team in the book. great stuff.

frustrated I can't share/scan for the board.

Archived